Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Ze Dschoermen comes!

Hi! I'm Thomas, 28 years old and from Germany.

I recently ordered the Kunlun book and registered for the K1 seminar in Cologne.

I'd call myself a philosopher, or more precisely a thinker, because sometimes I think a lot without gaining any insight. :rolleyes: But like Einstein said: "Thinking for its own sake is like music." It's brain workout, if you will. B)

I spent a good part of the past years with research about almost everything, focused on what you could call "world affairs", and it made me realize that pure knowledge can be pretty enlightening, too. It's incredible how much of this world remains hidden to the average person.

It led to an attitude that barely anything can dumbfound me. Unlimited possibilities, Just a matter of time.

A few months ago I began to take a closer look at martial arts and spirituality. I quickly realized that the internal arts were much more fascinating to me, although I'm kind of a holistic guy. Everything is interconneced.

I'm a bit frusrated about being kinda stuck with only research, and I hope Kunlun Nei Gung will help me opening paths, finding opportunities. Considering that I like efficiency and reject dogmatic or other types of ballast, I really feel Kunlun is the real thing for me. I think what the world needs dearly is not a heroic knight with a righteous sword but a cool, calming breeze. Violence is a sign of weakness, because it comes from fear, from (a feeling of) being threatened.

I recently read the Dao De Jing and was a bit disappointed. Telling a lot about what to do, no explanations, and some occasions of weak logic, easily disprovable things and such. Well, maybe that's why they say that after some time you'll understand it better.

I've already read some threads on The Tao Bums. I tend to read everything that looks interesting, following weblink after weblink, and connecting information where possible. My web browser has more than 100 open tabs at any given time. :blink:

So, you got any questions? :)

Oh and .... I really like the humor and style here. :D

I'm not sure how the German educational system translates to the U.S. one, so I'll pass on that. And the map is an external site, I don't trust it enough. I was/am an I.T. guy, you know. ;)

...how do you like your tea?

You really don't wanna know! :lol:

Sign in to follow this