Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Shakti helmet: Spirituality & the brain

Hi,

you might remember that some while back I mentioned the Shakti helmet and hoped somebody would try it out...

http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/

I have now ordered it myself. Todd Murphy let me know that it will be send during the next 10 days meaning I have it in about 2 weeks...

I will open a practice blog just for the helmet.

I intend to go through as many of the wave-forms being present using magnetic induction on different parts of brain...

I will report the happenings of each setting.

The papers you can find on the above link are really worth reading... definitely something to ponder about...

I very much look forward to let you know more

Harry sunshine

It kinda reminds me of the Immortality Rings. We actually had one or two people order them. You know what, they work, the people (yoda?) is still alive :)

Though I don't think he sprang for the new Improved slightly more expensive Super Immortality Rings.

Seriously, keep us informed.

Michael

It kinda reminds me of the Immortality Rings.  We actually had one or two people order them.  You know what,  they work, the people (yoda?) is still alive  :)

Though I don't think he sprang for the new Improved slightly more expensive Super Immortality Rings.

Seriously, keep us informed.

Michael

7353[/snapback]

Yep Michael. The Immortality Rings are a great discovery...

but this helmet has one advantage. It is not working with the body but with the brain. Instead of ingesting any kind of drugs in order to induce certain states you just apply magnetic waveforms in order to induce specific bioelectrical activity to reach certain experiences... depending on ones "brain-setup" these might reach from nothing spectacular to mind-boggling (as said on the webpage)... nothing of what is written is in any way too far out actually. I had the cool experience of getting a magnetic inductor apllied to my DU-20 top of the skull point in the neurology department I worked at... my body reacted like a puppet to the induction... arms & legs been thrown away from me... cool experience.

I'll definitely let you know what happens...

The above reminds me of a question that I keep asking:

Is enlightenment only something that happens in ones brain or something that is obejectively happening and seen by others?

Harry

I'm thinking of getting 2 of these love helmets for me and Mrs. Yoda, set them to the highest Super O setting the thing has and see what happens. Sounds fun!

I've heard of some sort of copper helmets that you can wear that really can make things interesting too, but don't know any more than that.

-Yoda

I'm thinking of getting 2 of these love helmets for me and Mrs. Yoda, set them to the highest Super O setting the thing has and see what happens.  Sounds fun!

I've heard of some sort of copper helmets that you can wear that really can make things interesting too, but don't know any more than that.

-Yoda

7377[/snapback]

'I'll let you know how it goes with the Super-O's... and should you ever get to know more about the copper helmets: I am willing to try them...

Harry

Question is, if the helmets work too well, will you still need MRs. Y around? Shades of Woody Allens movie Sleeper.

Glen Morris felt that enlightenment was a biochemical process, and gave you a larger and more robust aura. As well as greater health.

Peas

Michael

Question is, if the helmets work too well, will you still need MRs. Y around?  Shades of Woody Allens movie Sleeper.

Glen Morris felt that enlightenment was a biochemical process, and gave you a larger and more robust aura.  As well as greater health.

Peas

Michael

7558[/snapback]

MR's?????????????

To me this helmet really raises a few questions. Just in case it works (according t Todd Murphy there is a certain percentage of people that not yet get results...)

In several traditions there is made a difference between the "REAL" thing and all the possible off-tracks on the way where one might get stuck.

I have always wondered how one can be able to differentiate the "real" experience/thing from the false one... and if that helmet is able to induce OBEs and even enlightenment states this really raises the question of how much is objective outside what is happening in our brain...

I will keep you up to date

Harry

I've been thinking of Glenn Morris' thoughts that enlightenment is simply a biochemical process that's very natural and just takes a bit of getting used to, but doesn't completely change the game of life. His words resonate with Guy Johnson and Matt's posts about kundalini awakening.

I liked the doorknobs breaking off in Glenn's hands. You are still chopping wood and carrying water--the same thing, just a larger aura. Or as one zen dude said, you still walk, but just one foot off the ground.

I'm also thinking of Kumar's assertion that if you only master sending energy up to the head, life will be glitchy for you. You need to master sending energy down to the feet. A harder, more mundane task, but worth it. From Opening the Gates.

I have a friend who's head chakra is totally lit up--can do all the siddhis, amazing insights, etc but he's not in touch with his feet and it shows.

I've been thinking of Glenn Morris' thoughts that enlightenment is simply a biochemical process that's very natural and just takes a bit of getting used to, but doesn't completely change the game of life.

7567[/snapback]

Glenn is a lot of fun to drink with. Make sure that you buy him a beer if you ever get an opportunity.

Did you read all his books and if so how did you like them?

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

From Yoda's post, the phrase, "in touch w/ his feet", is an important concept that should be remembered. I was reading in Seans link in AYP and since it somewhat deals w/ kundalini energies, the keeping in touch w/ our feet is very poignant.

I've read and have Glenn Morriss first 2 books. I really like them, particularly the first. I've paged through his third. I have his Meditative Mastery tape series, which like his books, wandered a lot, but when they're good, they're brilliant.

I'd buy him 2 beers :) at least.

Michael

I read two of his books. I like his do-it-yourselfer attitude and he makes his practice look very everyday, normal, no big deal. I liked that too. I believe I remember him saying that activated kundalini folks are wild at parties.

From Yoda's post, the phrase, "in touch w/ his feet", is an important concept that should be remembered.  I was reading in Seans link in AYP and since it somewhat deals w/ kundalini energies, the keeping in touch w/ our feet is very poignant.

I've read and have Glenn Morriss first 2 books.  I really like them, particularly the first.  I've paged through his third.  I have his Meditative Mastery tape series, which like his books, wandered a lot, but when they're good, they're brilliant.

I'd buy him 2 beers :)  at least.

Michael

7605[/snapback]

My too! Glenn is quite entertaining from what I here. I have not met him personally but would enjoy it for sure!

And Yodster, it is interesting to me that you have intuited a connection between what Guy, Glenn, and myself say ;)

In respect of the eternal Tao,

Matt

Matt,

Peter Falk isn't posting much these days, but I'd suspect he's in your club too.

-Yoda

Speaking of biological/chemical enlightenment has anyone tried or gotten the Amygdallah biofeed back training at a web site that I can't remember. It was about 'clicking' the amygdallah and the wonderous things that happen because of it.

If no one here has it, I'd volunteer to try it out and report. Yoda did you first mention it? I think I have the site name saved on my other computer, some persons name I think.

Thoughts.

Speaking of biological/chemical enlightenment has anyone tried or gotten the Amygdallah biofeed back training at a web site that I can't remember.  It was about 'clicking' the amygdallah and the wonderous things that happen because of it. 

If no one here has it, I'd volunteer to try it out and report.  Yoda did you first mention it?  I think I have the site name saved on my other computer, some persons name I think.

Thoughts.

7614[/snapback]

Well. I assume you mean: www.neilslade.com

tickling the amygdalon does not need any biofeedback device... it is done purely by what you do & imagine... definitely a cool process but takes time to fully blast it open...

Harry

Well. I assume you mean: www.neilslade.com

tickling the amygdalon does not need any biofeedback device... it is done purely by what you do & imagine... definitely a cool process but takes time to fully blast it open...

Harry

7620[/snapback]

Harry,

Can you elaborate? I've looked at Neil's site and haven't been able to find much substance under the marketing.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

I read two of his books.  I like his do-it-yourselfer attitude and he makes his practice look very everyday, normal, no big deal.  I liked that too.  I believe I remember him saying that activated kundalini folks are wild at parties.

7608[/snapback]

They are...

I hosted a series of seminars with Glenn in '96 - '97 that were a hoot. It seems that most of us here practice solo. It is a ball to put together a group of people that are working on their energy and that still like to party. Interesting things happen.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

Harry,

Can you elaborate? I've looked at Neil's site and haven't been able to find much substance under the marketing.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

7628[/snapback]

Well. There really is no real marketing. Neil charges really little for his products and actually the absolute necessary step he presents for free... his webpage is organized in ways that you have to search... not giving you quickly what you are looking for...

In order for one to do the amygdalon tickling one has to find the Corpus amygdalon in the brain. Do a search and have a look at as many pictures as you can. By far the best I have seen in the Netter anatomy atlas... maybe you can have a look at one at your local bookstore... there is one picture that nicely shows the relation of the Amygdalon to the olfactoric nerve & the hyppocampus. In order to get an approximate location place your middle finger at the outside of the eyebrow and your thumb right in front of that little lobe of the ear there where your jaw joint opens & closes... then set your index finger on half of the distance between the two. About there is the amygdalon located but not close to the scull but deeper...

the step for tickling it is as follows:

imagine a feather tickling it.

I myself felt a reaction immediately... it felt nice... I from there started to do everything I so far could imagine... feel it pulsate, have sylvester rockets exploding in brilliant colors etc.... thing is. If you give it the same simulus all of the time the reaction gets less over time as it "feels" bored, so to say...

What this does? Well. By activating this structure you are meant to send energy into the frontol lobes and not back into your reptile brain (the dark, atuomatic response etc. side)... over time this structure is activated in a way and as much that it "opens up" the vast unused amounts of your frontal brain thereby opening up all the possibilities that are in us but are currently not activated...

By using this technique and making it your own you can quicly counteract bouts of anger, depression etc... but it takes time to get there.

Something that activates the amygdalon in a positive way is smelling something you like, for example, or watching a cartoon of your choice that makes you laugh wholeheartedly... while smelling bad fish or watching horrifying stuff clicks you backwards into reptile behavior...

I am open to more questions

Harry

PS: As far as I remember Neil does not make a difference between the right & left amygdalon. One can tickle them individually, both at the same time etc.

Todd Murphy on the other side makes a difference, saying that one is there for bad emotions and related stuff, while the other is there for the more positive stuff...

• Thanks 1

In order to get an approximate location place your middle finger at the outside of the eyebrow and your thumb right in front of that little lobe of the ear there where your jaw joint opens & closes... then set your index finger on half of the distance between the two. About there is the amygdalon located but not close to the scull but deeper...

the step for tickling it is as follows:

imagine a feather tickling it.

I myself felt a reaction immediately... it felt nice... I from there started to do everything I so far could imagine... feel it pulsate, have sylvester rockets exploding in brilliant colors etc....  thing is. If you give it the same simulus all of the time the reaction gets less over time as it "feels" bored, so to say...

7636[/snapback]

Harry,

This is very helpful. The tickling with a feather or pulsating I can do. Clicking sounds like a one time event whereas tickling or pulsing has duration to it and feels more chi kung like. It feels pretty neat right now. I will report back on results later. If I feel like I get results, I'll buy Neil's book.

Thanks,

Tenguzake

Harry,

This is very helpful. The tickling with a feather or pulsating I can do. Clicking sounds like a one time event whereas tickling or pulsing has duration to it and feels more chi kung like. It feels pretty neat right now. I will report back on results later. If I feel like I get results, I'll buy Neil's book.

Thanks,

Tenguzake

7642[/snapback]

If you want to know more I give you an overview of what is in the different books.

Actually with "clicking" is not meant that you do it like "tickling", but that tickling, pulsating, imagining, having fun is "clicking the amygdalon forward", forward towards the frontal lobes... with the word "clicking" Neil tries to make one understand that the amygdalon is like a switch: either helping us to "click forward" or to "click backwards"... usually this happens on automatic pilot... with the process of tickling one starts to become the pilot oneself getting power over yourself...

Harry

I bought Neil's material after reading a review that promised super orgasms made easy. Didn't work for me. No need to buy the material, Sunshine has unpacked it. Try it during sex and see if it works for you. Neil said to stimulate the front tips of the amigdala. Just rolling up the eyes and imagining light in the third eye is an easier visualization that accomplishes the same thing. I think Neil has simply rediscovered the ajna chakra.

Beats sticking something up your ass.

If it works, that is.

I bought Neil's material after reading a review that promised super orgasms made easy.  Didn't work for me.  No need to buy the material, Sunshine has unpacked it.  Try it during sex and see if it works for you.  Neil said to stimulate the front tips of the amigdala.  Just rolling up the eyes and imagining light in the third eye is an easier visualization that accomplishes the same thing.  I think Neil has simply rediscovered the ajna chakra.

If it works, that is.

7644[/snapback]

Hey Yoda. I am slightly of a different opinion. Neil's stuff is cool... some of his music is great and some is so experimental that it triggers ones brain... the books include several information that is definitely interesting to have... not everything for sure... there is one book with different exercises that looks like done for children, but that clearly shows that a certain way of playing with ones mind is necessary in order to let it "burst open"... the thing with the super o's... the process to fully get a "big bang" brain pop is said to take about up to 3 years with proper "training"... super o's might start then. One has got to know that the amygdalon plays a crucial part in this whole orgasm thing...

While it might be just "rediscoverng" the ajna chakra, the important part is that in this case we have the knowledge of a certain brain part that leads to certain experiences... if you are right then at least we have a correlate to what the ajna chakra is or where it is located in the brain which is a big step in my opinion...

Inner Smiles (as Winn would say)

Harry

If it works, that is.

7644[/snapback]

Sounds like the new Aneros isn't working either?...

I'm still playing with the amygdala. It feels cool. I'll let you know if I get any interesting effects other than this unspecific happy feeling.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

Quite right, Neil's stuff is cool, but simply didn't change my life. Tried that cloudbursting? It always works for me on small clouds. Makes me wonder if small clouds are always disapearing.

The new aneros is still in the hangar. I'm scared to be disapointed. Also my almighty sex drive crashed when I stopped my retention project. I'm thinking I should get a moderate retention 1x30 days to give the little guy a chance.

My running program also crashed when I stopped the retention too.

Quite right, Neil's stuff is cool, but simply didn't change my life.  Tried that cloudbursting?  It always works for me on small clouds.  Makes me wonder if small clouds are always disapearing.

The new aneros is still in the hangar.  I'm scared to be disapointed.  Also my almighty sex drive crashed when I stopped my retention project.  I'm thinking I should get a moderate retention 1x30 days to give the little guy a chance.

My running program also crashed when I stopped the retention too.

7660[/snapback]

Good reason to start retention again. I've just started to try these Volume pills... as you once mentioned it: they include some Zinc... they are meant to increase e-volume by 500% which should mean that sex drive goes up... should be a perfect replenishing supplement actually... will let you know...

Harry always trying several things

Sign in to follow this