Sign in to follow this  
DaoChild

What is your concept of Chi?

What do you believe "Chi" is?

Is it this mystical energy we can shoot out of our hands?

Or is it just a term that has been misused and mis-interpreted over time. It may mean breath, general wellness, health, power.

Just curious.

Or is it just a term that has been misused and mis-interpreted over time. It may mean breath, general wellness, health, power.

Just curious.

Chi is The Force :D

Just curious.

The force that manifests, living and non-living things included, the 'thing' that causes movement, allows a seed to go from non-living to living, etc.

I'd honestly never felt Chi until i attempted the 100 days a few months ago. Around the 3rd week I FELT Chi actually move in my body. It felt like a energy/magnetic/electrical fist or ball moving sharply and then slowing down.

Regarding the Q, i don't know what Chi is. I've tried to contemplate the nature and meaning behind this force or field of energy that we can seem to harness, but I cannot come to any conclusion or meaning that I find acceptable. Words seem to fail in this case.

Like everything else, it is probably not what you think it is. I have had very vivid experiences of chi that have literally blown my mind.

I used to think that it was a metaphor/misinterpretation, etc. But there have been some fairly high level individuals talking in depth about chi. People probably far beyond us in intellect, wisdom, power, and sheer force of being. Chi, shakti, spirit, pneuma--- they aren't just talking about breath and vitality.

Just curious.

My interpretation of Qi is based solely on my personal experience through meditation and internal martial arts.

I look at Qi as a process rather than a substance. It seems to me to be where a specific aspect of our awareness interacts with our bodies and the universe. I don't really believe in accumulating or storing Qi but rather becoming more aware and sensitive to it. Just my $.02. This has been discussed quite a bit in some older threads if you want to try searching the topic.

Regarding the Q, i don't know what Chi is. I've tried to contemplate the nature and meaning behind this force or field of energy that we can seem to harness, but I cannot come to any conclusion or meaning that I find acceptable. Words seem to fail in this case.

Thats ok!

Defining Chi by yourself with only limited experiences of types of chi seems pretty impossible.

I would go on to say, that I don't know all the different types of chi... there is supposedly an endless defining of chi.

For you to claim or talk about knowing the types you would really have to have a teacher tell you the definition of what your experiencing and have them show you.

For me though I really don't know much... Most of my understanding comes from of Theoretical understanding and just a little of experience.

I think I agree with xuesheng.

Also lately I've been thinking, maybe when you perceive a lot of energy, you're actually only feeling your blockages being agitated. So feeling a lot of "energy" is not necessarily a good thing. Just a thought...I'm not totally sure.

:)

My interpretation of Qi is based solely on my personal experience through meditation and internal martial arts.

I look at Qi as a process rather than a substance. It seems to me to be where a specific aspect of our awareness interacts with our bodies and the universe. I don't really believe in accumulating or storing Qi but rather becoming more aware and sensitive to it. Just my $.02. This has been discussed quite a bit in some older threads if you want to try searching the topic.

Yep:

Would like to hear how others experience "Qi" ?

Martial vs Non Martial

Is Chi Something You Can feel?

I highly respect xuesheng, and what he has to say...

I would also agree with what he says and claims

The thing people talk about having lots of Qi they really mean they have worked hard enough to be able to access the chi that they should have always (if they didn't) have access to it...

If they never disconnected with the fact they had access to it... they just need to more consciously be aware of it... and hopfully work with the skills gained to manipulate it.

Chi is yin and yang core energy playing with eachother. Its like a brother and a sister who are constantly arguing over who is strongest but to be honest they can match eachother. If not in power then atleast in perseverance hehe.

They dont realise it individually but we can see they need eachother to exist .. pff they dont mind and yust keep discussing.

Chi is not that mystical, my mom knows about chi.

You can let it flow in and out of any place on the body even if you dont pay attention to it .. like osmosis it happens regularly.

You can use this to your benefit by making a long walk in the park or in the woods, your muddy lowdensity chi will be absorbed by nature and you will get pure healthy chi back for free !

Good deal if you ask me :)

Regards

Sign in to follow this