Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Beware the two tailed Green Comet

Comet Lulin, a two-tailed green-colored comet, can be seen in the eastern sky all week, but is closest to the Earth Monday night.

"After it gets dark, look for two bright stars near the horizon: one is the planet Saturn, the other is Regulus, the star, and for the next few nights, Lulin will be somewhere between them," says Kelly Beatty, senior contributing editor of Sky & Telescope magazine.

Beatty says there's a good chance of spotting the comet with binoculars pointed in that general area.

Let me know if anyone spots it. I'll be looking tonight

B)

My telescope's damn unwieldy, but if I get a clear night I'll see what I can see. Saturn is always great to look at, too!

I keep looking but haven't seen it. They say between Saturn & Regulus just after dusk. At least thats what they said a few days ago. If its nearly as bright as Saturn I may have seen it, but I'm not sure.

Michael

I've been looking but I still havent seen saturn since its been back out. The comet's already peaked in brightness, I still havent found that thing either...dont know if you can see it with the naked eye anymore now. Good photo gallery on www.spaceweather.com

Sign in to follow this