Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Ape

Sun Worship

Hi All,

Ok, alittle confused i do a Sun Gaze system related to my Kung fu / Qi Kung system and ive been reading up on sun worship and most stuff I come up with is that Sun Worship is a satanic practice and want to know if that is true?

Then there is some youtube saying that Jesus is the Sun of God or the actual Sun so as you can see im interested how and why the Sun could be considered Satanic?

Anyone please comment....

Ape

Uhhh.. sun worship as a satanic practice?

Maybe your sources are confusing satanic with pagan. Pagan meaning outside of christianity -- it literally means country dweller in Latin.

To Christians, Jesus is considered the SON of God. (Son, like daughter son, not SUN).

Hi All,

Ok, alittle confused i do a Sun Gaze system related to my Kung fu / Qi Kung system and ive been reading up on sun worship and most stuff I come up with is that Sun Worship is a satanic practice and want to know if that is true?

Then there is some youtube saying that Jesus is the Sun of God or the actual Sun so as you can see im interested how and why the Sun could be considered Satanic?

Ape

It is only satanic to those who see Satan everywhere.

Regarding "sun worship", this is a speech for the Winter Solstice that has become a favorite and seems useful to quote here:

"The Agnostic Christmas.

by Robert G. Ingersoll

The Journal, New York, December 25, 1892.

AGAIN we celebrate the victory of Light over Darkness, of the God of day over the hosts of night. Again Samson is victorious over Delilah, and Hercules triumphs once more over Omphale. In the embrace of Isis, Osiris rises from the dead, and the scowling Typhon is defeated once more. Again Apollo, with unerring aim, with his arrow from the quiver of light, destroys the serpent of shadow. This is the festival of Thor, of Baldur and of Prometheus. Again Buddha by a miracle escapes from the tyrant of Madura, Zoroaster foils the King, Bacchus laughs at the rage of Cadmus, and Chrishna eludes the tyrant.

This is the festival of the sun-god, and as such let its observance be universal.

This is the great day of the first religion, the mother of all religions -- the worship of the sun.

Sun worship is not only the first, but the most natural and most reasonable of all. And not only the most natural and the most reasonable, but by far the most poetic, the most beautiful.

The sun is the god of benefits, of growth, of life, of warmth, of happiness, of joy. The sun is the all-seeing, the all-pitying, the all-loving.

This bright God knew no hatred, no malice, never sought for revenge.

All evil qualities were in the breast of the God of darkness, of shadow, of night. And so I say again, this is the festival of Light. This is the anniversary of the triumph of the Sun over the hosts of Darkness.

Let us all hope for the triumph of Light -- of Right and Reason -- for the victory of Fact over Falsehood, of Science over Superstition.

And so hoping, let us celebrate the venerable festival of the Sun. -- " (emphasis added)

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical...ostic_xmas.html

Putting yourself in a position of alignment with planetary rotation is worshipping satan? hah! Please. Even Jesus's face shown like the sun. Sun Salutations are traditionally done in the morning and evening facing the son. Gazing is the deeper method, the last 8 minutes because the sun isn't there anymore pushing behind the waves. grn flsh. Surinamiskar Vinyasa sequences are very similar to the Iron Buffalo of chinese tradition. Strengthen the bands while cycling the water. The sun saltuation sequences are where "hindu pushups" originate. Used in so many schools and styles theres no way to list.

TcXUwGE2je8

cd_eTupTCbI

The reason I post Iyangars teacher is because people sweat Iyangar, but don't realize his teacher Krisnamacharya taught many gurus different "styles"... all stemming from a common "root"... this is an interesting phenomenon of a cooregraphic type skill. Most people "specialize" in a style, but in order to be good any anything, the core has to be developed. He taught them what the individual needed, not what "he" thought was best, but what was best for the student. I digress, anyways, love is worship, if you love what you do, your worshipping when you practice. thats my pennys worth.

Edited by Spectrum

Hi All,

Ape

What most like Jordan Maxwell are pointing out is that Christianity like most major world religions are a grouping of older traditions and stories edited together. There is a heavy Greek influence in Christianity so you have worship of Christos the Sun logos or western immortal. Was Jesus the sun immortal? Allot of humans got deified like Asclepius the archetypal image for Jesus. Thats why he looks like a white Greek guy instead of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bedscha.jpg . Satan is the collective darkness around all our hearts. Lucifer represents the empowering of humanity with outer and inner technology, but its negative aspect is mainly represented by todays over use of outer technology/alchemy, Fuxi could be considered Lucifer of Asia. Hope that helps.

Sorry for going off-topic but to SA:

Do you mind deleting the content of the other two threads you opened about this issue? Could you also send a PM to Sean so he can delete both? Very messy.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah how do i delete those other ones that somehow appeared?

I love the sun gazing and healing benifits from the sun I practice most mornings I am off work unless its pissing down and I do notice things when Ive missed days.

Man, this quote of yours is so true thanks!!!

Sun worship is not only the first, but the most natural and most reasonable of all. And not only the most natural and the most reasonable, but by far the most poetic, the most beautiful.

Ape

Ok, does anyone have a complete Daoist Sun Worship practice of Rituals, Fu, chants, theories, astrology I can look up or learn online etc?

Basically I want to know as much as I cann about how the Daoist worship the Sun and Moon anyone know anything, books, Dvds?

Much appreciated!!

Ape

My personal opinion is that worshiping anything other than the creator is a "sin"...according to Christianity or Judaism. It all depends on your intention with what you're practicing. If you're doing sun gazing because it has some benefits, then that's fine...but if you're deifying the sun, that could be considered wrong.

Ok, does anyone have a complete Daoist Sun Worship practice of Rituals, Fu, chants, theories, astrology I can look up or learn online etc?

Use TTBs search engine to search for "sun gazing". It was big here a few years back, Yoda was leading the pack and wrote an article in the ... uh, "articles" section. Lotsa links in those posts. B)

Spirit Ape,

When I was sungazing 30+ minutes a day, I had lots of dreams about fighting unidentified Egyptian gods. For some reason, it was important that I prevailed and I spent lots of time researching esoteric weapon systems in dreamville and some Egyptian priests were willing to help me out. My personal life suffered so I quit... they beat the tar out of me!!!! :lol:

One philosopher suggested that making the sun taboo is a way to control the masses and prevent them from becoming gods themselves. If you research sungazing, you'll run across his name. He's a well known eccentric with an uncanny knack for finding pyramids in South American jungles...

Per him, the South American priests had to let the warrior class in on sungazing to empower them to protect the empire and somewhere in there it all went downhill with human sacrifice and all that... the fire path has its perils!!! :lol:

I couldn't get the whole thing to work for me. Definitely mix fire with lots and lots and lots of cool wet dark water!!! Winn suggests that our society is already too firey and yangy so sungazing can aggravate an already touchy situation.

It's got potential and I'd love for someone to keep the research alive... keep us posted on how you make out!!

Some have suggested that stargazing carries the same vibe but gentled down 1000s of times to make it more practical and easier to work with.

From my sungazing days, I learned that the sun is a living, conscious entity with tremendous benevolence and generosity but you have to be a real Ramana Maharishi to be able to relate. I've heard that he was famous for sungazing after his enlightenment. He could sungaze in the middle of the day in India for hours at a time!!

Of course, the rest of us would get permanent vision damage by doing that... so if anyone checks out this path please keep to the sunrises and sunsets!!

Your pal,

Yoda

I've been doing it occasionally (couple times a week), only for a few minutes at a time, and circulating the light to hui yin and up into LTT (by use of kunlun or otherwise). I find it to be refining, stabalizing, healing.

Edited by Trunk

You might want to look into the book Qigong for total wellness by Dr. Baolin Wu. He describes a system that he learned at White Cloud Monastery called 9 palaces solar qigong that uses the sun for physical, mental, spiritual growth. I'm half way through the book and i am pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

Jesse

I'll soak up some sun early in the morning or late evening or in the middle if its cloudy, I won't stare directly at it though. Be careful, it can damage your eyes, its also very yang and can be over energizing.

If its bright I'll just face the sun with my eyes closed and let the various bright colors circulate.

B)

Sign in to follow this