Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Ape

Who is a Christian here and believes in JESUS CHRIST?

Anyone a Christian here and If you are how do you see Tao against your Faith?

Ape

I love Jesus?

Could be debated but I consider myself to be a christian?

Others may disagree! :P

Think They work well with each other,

not against each other?

Taoism is a philosophy of life.

In all it's aspects.

It includes Everything.

Even including personal/religious beliefs.

For me there is no conflict to be found between them.

Taoism could be a way to approach a religion though,

or a government, or your family, or the seasons of life and the world.

Or how one brushes their teeth.

It's all Tao, ya know?

It requires no faith. It just is. It's ALL. Including Jesus LOL!

And You! and i guess me too?

If I was a Hindu, a Jew, a Jain, It would be the same (for me)

No wall to be up against...

Although if there was a wall

Tao would be the wall and everything on either side of it!

The heavens above, the earth below!

Not sure if this is what you had asked?

But for what it's worth if anything! :)

Stay well,

Enjoy and have fun with it All!

Shonton

Hahaha Awesome indeed thankyou!

Its not what I probably ment in my question Ill think of a way to say it better in religious sense - hells, heavens, ghost, spirits, how it deals with things, and situations.

Ill think of something better later.... :(

Ape

I dont like nor use the word Christian but I'm along that line. The Tao runs smoothly with my faith and practice. Personally I believe that the wisdom of Christ came from the East. My belief of Hell is that it is a cleansing process that almost everyone will go through. I believe that Christ came bearing a message as did Buddha and many others in the name of God/Allah/Insert preferred name here.

Hahaha Awesome indeed thankyou!

Its not what I probably ment in my question Ill think of a way to say it better in religious sense - hells, heavens, ghost, spirits, how it deals with things, and situations.

Ill think of something better later.... :(

Ape

Lol, I'm sorry :)

Am sure you'll get more accurate answers from others here!

My own "beliefs" and experiences don't jive with most any religion

but the philosophy of taoism thing are as they are ... it works well, lol

Will be glad to talk on any of that stuff too

but my ways tend to be a bit looser than some(if talking about religions and such)?

Sorry again, if i totally botched your question!

See you!

:D

That's a seriously long walk. :lol:

Sure, but we're talking about Jesus.

I grew up "Christian" but fell away from all belief systems before I started really looking at things.

Now I see Jesus as the Sufis see him...as one of our own.

Of course his words and works have been distorted as most all religious figures have been.

Hi Spirit Ape,

I think it is prudent to note that there is a profound difference between mainstream fundamentalist Christianity and personal study of the bible. If you read the first thirty or so pages - seriously - of the New Testament you may find, as I have, that the messages absolutely contradict everything fundamentalists believe in. Moreover, the teachings are in reality synonymous with Eastern philosophy. I think ultimately so-called religions define or allude to the same process of human transformation. That is, recognizing your thoughts, realizing awareness and practicing morality.

Hello

I belive all that is good had come and come from God! So that is why i belive TAO training and all as longer it is good, had came thanks to God, you see TAO and GOD can and are the same thing!

I read some book, that some people that had search on the subject, they belive that the first people of the very old ancient China that nobody knows or knows very little, had belive in the same God that we Christian belive, and that thanks to the inspiration from that God, Chinese people started to talk about Tao or called God for Tao and so it begun all even yin and yang and all that old base to all the Taoist arts, now i am speaking the people before the first emperor the really old sages!

you can read for example this book or here:

http://www.faithofourfathersbooks.com/

Faith of Our Fathers by Chan Kei Thong

there is also this same book in Chinese!!

faithfathers.jpg

Edited by HugoOlivaresMila

Christianity is not what Jesus taught. It was organized after his death. So in that sense, no, I don't buy into any complete Christian doctrine.

His word for God, the father was "Abba" which best translates as "Daddy"

But some of his teaching is part of my foundation, and it is natural for me becasue I was raised a christian.

Later I found an understanding of the apostle Paul's teaching that is profound....

Forgive me because some of the things I will quote next are paraphrased...

I am the truth, the way, and the life

I am the vine and you are the branches

Be perfect, as your father in heaven is perfect

These things I do, so also you shall do, and greater

Fear not little flock, for it is your fathers pleasure to give you the kingdom

I condem thee not. Go and sin no more

just a lot of good stuff

I believe he turned water into wine, healed the sick, raised Lazurus from the dead, and showed us how to live

Do I believe he acsended in his body and reappeared in the flesh after that? nah, not really

Do I believe he sent a "helper" (read holy ghost)? yes, very much I do

Paul has been misunderstood by most I think.

From Paul:

I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me

Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things

But get this, his main theme was you are already saved. There is nothing you can do. You cannot get into heaven by "works" but by faith...read acceptance that you already are there

Being good will never get you there

All the christian trappings set aside this is profound

You cannot take heaven by storm :lol:

Jesus really gave himself, to life, to all of life.

I am pitiful in comparison. But I keep on truckin and live and love better, and get a few glimpses as I go

God is not only the Father!

The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ and Elohim The Father are the Godhead. So Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit also have God qualities!

The Holy Spirit can talk to the conscience or soul, to anybody that needs or want to real listen!

Edited by HugoOlivaresMila

Spirit Ape,

I think I am the only one your directing your question to. My religion is Roman Catholic and like Shon says, there is no conflict. If you read a saint/mystic like St Francis or a scholar like Fr Garrigou-Lagrange you will find the same philosophy as you find in Taoism. All the advanced mystics agree on the road to return to the "Source" even if they call it by a different name.

Darin

Thanks everyone, I was watching the Lost Gospels you can find it on youtube and its very much Taoist cultivation but done / spoke differently but you can see its all the same.

Is there any books of him in the east learning like real hardcore evidence type books on him in Tibet etc?

regards

Ape

Thanks everyone, I was watching the Lost Gospels you can find it on youtube and its very much Taoist cultivation but done / spoke differently but you can see its all the same.

Is there any books of him in the east learning like real hardcore evidence type books on him in Tibet etc?

regards

Ape

He didn't need to travel to Tibet to learn anything. The Jewish Kabbalah would have been enough after all it produced mystics like Enoch, Elijah and Moses. If you read the Talmud you will see the ancient schools of the Prophets produced a ton of enlightened masters.

I read a book entitled "The Original Jesus: The Buddhist Sources of Christianity" a while back, which suggested that rather than Jesus going to the east, the east came to Jesus. The authors' theory was that Theravadan Buddhist missionaries from India called the Therapeutae came to the Middle East and instructed Jesus and/or his teachers among the Essenes. They also did a lot of comparisons between Buddhist and early Christian scriptures, and there were many parallels between them. It was an interesting read.

On a different note, there are also a few translations of ancient Christian writings found in China along the Silk Road. They supposedly had a lot of Taoist influence. I think one of the titles was The Jesus Sutras.

I see alot of you Bums are more Christian then actually Taoist that is rather cool and intruiging to see so many Christian or Jesus lovers.

What do you guys think of the Zeitgeist movie about the Sun being Jesus the Sun / Son of God? In creation I think it says God said let me Light could that mean the Sun is the key. The reason Im asking is I do sun gazing and I notice a huge difference in body mind and spirit when I dont see the Sun rising after a few days even on that day.

Anyone like to help me out about the Zeigteist movie comments on Sun God = Jesus i do kinda like that idea?!

Ape

Jesus was one of the most powerfull neigong practitioners alive so i have an immense respect for him. He worked directly with the creative energy itself. An inspiration to many. You dont need to be Christian to benefit from Jesus he's compassion.

Im not Catholic/Christian or whatever institutionalised religion .. yust all diffrent ways trying to explain the same all-encompassing consciousness.

Regards !

Edited by minkus

Sign in to follow this