Rootless Traveler

Taoist classics (free download)

AugustLeo,

All texts are copyrighted (respective authors, indicated in the first page and/or the biblio section at the end). As Hardyg pointed out, I disabled the copy function to prevent people from using them freely.

There were times I needed to copy/paste a passage in a PDF file, but it was secured (meaning, I couldn't copy), and I cursed the guys who published the PDFs. Unfortunately, I had to do the same thing with these texts. So you guys are free to curse me any way you want. :^)

I also disabled the "print" function. It was mainly to save papers; people these days are using papers extravagantly, forgetting that paper = tree, and we're running out of trees in this planet.

Not to be a buzzkill (just happened to be passin through) but paper companies actually grow their own trees specifically for making paper. Not using paper to save the trees is like not eating carrots because the wild carrots are disappearing.

Hi,

Are these texts still available anywhere at all? I clicked oodles of links, including the wiki page and the torrents, but don't seem to get anything but errors and missing files...

Thanks in advance for any assisstance!

Hi soaring crane,

As far as i know, the links are working.

Please try latest links, going bottom to top in the entries/pages. I mean from last entry to first entry. Earlier links are nor working because I deliberately remove those older files and post newer links to updated files (new/latest versions of the SAME files).

I just tried 2 links in Wiki Xiuzhen tu and Neijing tu pages and they're working, so you should be able to DL them.

Edited by Rootless Traveler

just a HUMBLE note from someone insignificant enough that what he says might be significant....

Reading previous posts, cant help but notice that some of us have the audacity to complain and criticize someone, something, or how someone did something not according to OUR liking... mind you kind people that this is a place where you all(WE ALL) came to take something for free, and in that way benefit enormously, in that regard its plain and simple a GIFT to us all.. and do we spit in the face of someone offering us a gift for our Bday? NO! or at least we shouldn't .. so;;; PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SPEAKING OUT LOUD ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY AGAINST SOMEONE OR SOMETHING.. INSTEAD TRY TO FIGURE OUT IF THESE FILES WILL DO US ANY GOOD IF YOU ARE AS ARROGANT AS WE SOMETIMES ARE!!

H.E.

Thank you for waking us up!

Thanks for posting these, the time commitment this project represents is rather impressive.

I've been wondering as I read: what larger framework do these texts fit into? Are they all from a specific "branch" or group/tradition of Taoism? How can we place these in a larger social and historical (or practical) context to better understand them?

In truth, I may even be too ignorant to ask the right questions about them, but this is where I know to start.

Many thanks

SiddhaSan,

The texts don't fit into a larger framework. They're not from a specific branch/group/tradition.

They'are simply chosen because they were short translations and I could either type the Chinese texts or find them on the Web.

Hi Rootless Traveller, thank you for such a great archive of texts.

It seems that hosting these files has been challenging. I have now added them to Tao Directory Taoism downloads section along with our other free downloads. I hope you're OK with that. I intend to keep them there indefinitely and they are free for anyone to access. You can also upload any new files there whenever you like.

You've done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Tao Directory

These downloads have now been removed from Tao Directory at the request of Rootless Traveller. We believe they are still downloadable from another host that Rootless has arranged.

You can still find other great free downloads on our site.