wenwu

finishing qi gong

hi there again everyone

quick question, how do you finish your qi gong practice

usually i just stand or sit for a short time and let myself "re-enter" the world i have heard from other people that when they stidy qi going they find it very important to return their energy to the lower dan tien, one methos i have seen is clasping your hands together and pressing them to their dan tien.

does anyone have any thoughts of this practice? or thoughts on how to finish a qi gong session?

hi there again everyone

quick question, how do you finish your qi gong practice

usually i just stand or sit for a short time and let myself "re-enter" the world i have heard from other people that when they stidy qi going they find it very important to return their energy to the lower dan tien, one methos i have seen is clasping your hands together and pressing them to their dan tien.

does anyone have any thoughts of this practice? or thoughts on how to finish a qi gong session?

Rubbing certain places, breathing certain sounds is a common close as well.

If you're doing meditation or practices that stimulate the higher chakras, make sure to ground yourself after so you won't be "spaced out". It's perfectly fine to look up in the sky for enlightenment but never forget that your feet still touch the earth.

If you're doing meditation or practices that stimulate the higher chakras, make sure to ground yourself after so you won't be "spaced out". It's perfectly fine to look up in the sky for enlightenment but never forget that your feet still touch the earth.

When I was studying hunyuan qigong we were told to always return the qi to lower dantien by placing the hands on it gently and bringing the mind to DT to lead the qi there. This was done until a feeling of settling occurs. The reason given was that when practicing qigong the mind has opened the body to absorb qi from your surroundings, and this closing was done to make sure you return to normal life. Passing by a sneezing and sick friend while in a mode of absorbing qi from around you is a great way to absorb energy you dont want. Thus the closing technique was done after every qigong session.

When I was studying hunyuan qigong we were told to always return the qi to lower dantien by placing the hands on it gently and bringing the mind to DT to lead the qi there. This was done until a feeling of settling occurs. The reason given was that when practicing qigong the mind has opened the body to absorb qi from your surroundings, and this closing was done to make sure you return to normal life. Passing by a sneezing and sick friend while in a mode of absorbing qi from around you is a great way to absorb energy you dont want. Thus the closing technique was done after every qigong session.

Yes, I do this too when I circulate energy in my microcosmic orbit. But I am not familiar with what meditation our friend practices so I just advised him/her to ground afterwards.

Quite a few years ago I had a qigong instruction tape, by I've no idea who. He recommended always rubbing the body lightly and vigorously all over - something about surface qi I think. That was finished off with a circular rubbing of the dantien area with one hand while placing the other had on the lumbar region of the back. I know this is a crap technical explaination, but I can't remember much. The thing is I've done this ever since when I finish meditation. It's just part of my routine now. :)