phore

cut my finger

i cut my finger with a sword.

What should i do.

I have poured peroxide on it,

then salt water

then bandaged it with a bandaid that has some peroxide on it.

It is covered by the band aid.

Is this all i should do?

^_^

update

I found some more stuff for cuts

peroxide

alcohol

aloe vera gel.

does anyone have any suggestions for healing cuts?

^_^

Get Yunnan Baiyao powder. If you swing around with swords IMO you should always have some of this handy. Theres a red pill enclosed as well which according to the description should be used on gunshots... I dunno about that as I never experienced those :blink: but the powder itself saved me from going to a doctor for stitches quite a few times. Bleeding stops within a minute or so as well.

When in martial arts it pays off to read stuff like Tooth of the Tiger's Mouth by Tom Bisio and get some basic Chinese Sports Medicine skills.

Homeopathic remedies to remove the deeper energetic disturbances.

Internally -

In 30C potency, can be taken together:

Arnica for the trauma

Staphysagria for the deep cut

Calendula for abrasions

That can be taken several times a day for a few days or until you notice improvement.

Topically-

If you also keep the wound constantly slathered in calendula ointment (not lotion), it will heal well. Or Traumheel (combo of Arnica, Calendula and others).

not too deep. at least not by the standards i hold for injury. but its on the knuckle so it might be difficult

thanks everyone. ill look up some of this stuff.

do you think super glue might help.

^_^

Edited by phore

in my experience, super glue only works well when the cut is superficial enough that there is no bleeding (and also, the sharper the cut, the better super glue works - so if you happen to get a paper cut or cut by a razor with very minimal bleeding, super glue works.) once its bleeding more than a tiny bit, it usually doesnt work very well. I dont know about homeopathic remedies for stuff like this, but Neosporin works great for me.

Edited by joeblast

I'd say that you should keep it straight if possible. I've done the same thing to my knuckle while flint knapping, except mine went down to the bone. I kept it straight for a day or two and I really wish I had done it longer. Keep it straight for as long as you can stand it, maybe even make a splint or something, and it should close quicker. Even after it closes, it will be sore for several months. Other than that, just keep it bandaged and disinfected and you should be fine.

update

i took the bandage off that i put on last night

the finger was sore because of the circulation being cut off. the new bandage is looser so it feels better now.

It bled when i took the bandage off. also, it is swolen around the cut. the finger seems a little swolen as well

^_^

A little swelling is normal. The body is trying to heal it by bringing more blood to the area. Make sure the bandage allows for air flow.

A little swelling is normal. The body is trying to heal it by bringing more blood to the area. Make sure the bandage allows for air flow.

It has holes in it. Its not too tight if thats what you mean

Ive put a homemade splint made of a clothespin and adhesive tape on it.

Thanks everyone

^_^

I would use alcohol and H2O2 sparingly, if at all...maybe just for an initial or periodic cleansing.

Problem is that they dry out the tissue, and I believe the H2O2 can actually caust oxidative stress on it, slowing healing even more.

I would use tea tree oil on the external portions as a disinfectant, and maybe coconut oil to fight infection and also keep it covered and lock in moisture. Or A+D Ointment is also decent for creating a protective barrier that locks in moisture (normally used a lot for diaper rash & tattoo healing). And there's also other more exotic alternatives here like manuka honey, ozonated/oxygenated oil/water or French green clay...

The main things you want to do though are:

1) Keep it disinfected

2) Keep it from drying out

3) Have some type of protective barrier that does both

Now, that's all topical. Meanwhile, you could also be doing/taking stuff internally to support it from that side, as well...

Edited by vortex