Sign in to follow this  
hagar

White Fat Cow

I skimmed the Med. Expert site yesterday, and again, I am keen on any feedback regarding the White Fat Cow Ebook. Has anyone read it, and in what way is it different from other books in the field?

h

I read it, but all of Bodri's stuff runs together. What's the theme of the book and I'll unpack it. Generally, I enjoyed Bodri's material.

About how to change your fotune and your karma . It seems to have as it's basis Emptiness meditation(emptying out or freeing yourself from ego) which basically limit you from achieving your goals or more money or whatever and doing good deeds which supposedly results in merit. This merit is considered essential to your culitivation and hapiness by him.

As a practical example of this Plato, who is friends with Bill, told me you should give 10% of your income to a charity you care about without fail and this will produce merit.

I havent ever heard this by any other Zen teacher so it is pretty unique .He breaks down how the Universe works and how everything is one and interconnected so by helping others you basically provide energy to help yourself somehow.

I havent read it all the way through yet but plan on getting around to it and his other books when I have the time.

Oh yeah, the change your fortune book. Just sit there.

Improve your skin--just sit there.

Good stuff.

-Yoda

If I remember correctly, the WFC had a lot of info re: destiny, karma, stars, iching, that it exists and is predictable but that it can be influenced and changed through sitting practice. It was too into destiny for my tastes and I enjoyed beautiful skin more.

I remember last year when Sean first created the site we were thinking of doing a study group to get through Bill's books(esp Measuring Meditation) but I ended up pulling out last minute. I would not be against doing this with that or Eric's book. Maybe not now..but anytime in the future. It's nice to bang ideas around as you are studying it.

But whatever if not it's all good. I have alot as it is as far as reading goes.

I think Bill's stuff rocks! I purchased a copy of White Fat Cow some time ago, and am using the excercises in it. It is basically designed to change your fortune by generating positive karma, among other things. It also uses stuff like goal setting, and conscious changing of personality traits. Even if karma doesn't exist, you still will end up being a more decent, likable, disciplined person.

One of the examples he uses is the "Four Lessons of Liao-Fan". This is a very famous text covering the same subject, and you should be able to find it online. It is also available from The Corporate Body of the Buddha Educational Foundation (they're the ones that publish those free books). Their website is here http://budaedu.org/en/ and they call the book "Changing Destiny". I've never ordered anything from them, so I don't know how it works, but if you have a Buddhist temple nearby, they may have some there. Also, I seem to come across their books in seccond-hand stores. Anyway, I read that before I read White Fat Cow, and it seemed to help.

As far as "Measuring Meditation" goes, I also recently purchased a copy and have been reading it slowly. Like many of you, I seem to suffer from "read-a-buncha-books-at-once" disease, so I haven't gotten too far yet, but I would love to read it and discuss it with others...any takers?

I have written a review of 'White Fat Cow' on my blog at:

http://www.esotericscientist.com/books/rec...-by-bill-bodri/

I read the book completely once, and I'm working on my second time through, with a pencil in hand to highlight and underline key segments.

I see the repetition as a means through which to ensure the material gets learned and absorbed.

Sign in to follow this