Sign in to follow this  
h.uriahr

Siberian Monk whose body hasnt degenerated

I remember hearing about the story but I cant remember the details other than it happened back around 1920 I think. Anyone have any info on this?

I remember hearing about the story but I cant remember the details other than it happened back around 1920 I think. Anyone have any info on this?

Thank you. Very interesting.

Great story... If i remember correctly, i believe Lin claiming that many Buddhist had done this and many had been barried while still alive in this state.

I would guess that this is the similar to the state of not needing food or water in meditation... Although maybe a step further because it seems breath is barely needed.

I question how hard this is to actually achieve... although to go into this type of meditation and at the same time not need to return to the world to be completely free of the chain of karmic retribution, in my mind is a high achievement, and one achievement that makes in my mind a hard state to achieve.

In otherwords... I think its an extremely high achievement to be in this state of meditation for a prolonged period of time of many years. Although this is just my period opinion on the matter...

Although in Buddhism, people understand things as best as they know, and could easily only based on their own ignorance... meaning I could be completely and totally wrong in what I'm saying (I could have more then enough missing pieces to truly understand the depth of how hard it is to achieve such a meditation state)

Sign in to follow this