Adj

Living-without-food Chi Gong

There is this rumor among top Martial Artists that there is a kind of Chi Gong that is done several times a day and you do no need to eat for months at a time.

I heard of a woman who lived several years like that and would eat a grape every once in a while.

Anyone hear of this?

Groceries are getting expensive!

I've heard of it, I think it's called, "Bugi", "bigu" or something like that . I think there might be some mention of it at qinway.com.

Bu

Edited by bukejian

I think there are several people who do this, i can't remember them all, but one is Jasmuheen.

I don't know a chi gong for it, but it sounds very reasonable. :)

I think there are several people who do this, i can't remember them all, but one is Jasmuheen.

I don't know a chi gong for it, but it sounds very reasonable. :)

Jasmuheen turned out to be a fraud. She was eating Twinkies and other junk food. Look it up.

ralis

• Like 1

Jasmuheen turned out to be a fraud. She was eating Twinkies and other junk food.

lol! That's funny. :lol:

EDIT: Oops. Looked it up -- not so funny. Very very seriously deluded, followers of her 'philosophy' have become ill and even died. She was put to the test on TV ("live for a week on no food, show us how it's done") and they had to call a halt because she became ill.

Couldn't she just have said 'I can't do this near negative thinkers' like other frauds? *sigh*

~NW~

Edited by NeutralWire

It's not using Chi Gong but anyone familiar with "Buddha Boy"? He goes long periods of time without food or water. Supposedly.

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

I think that there are two versions of this.

One is where a person's energy body is so messed up that they stop being hungry. It's not a good sign.

Two is that the person's body is so efficient that it creates its own energy. This is good, if possible.

It's pretty easy to tell if the results you're getting are healthy or not...so long as you're honest with yourself. I've had a lot of experience with the first variety, and none with the second. :lol:

As an alternative, Daniel Reid, in his book "The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity" gives directions of a 30 day fasting program. in which you don't get hungary. best I remember you have to take alot of pretty expensive herbs and vitamins, so I never tried it. But it might be worth checking out.

Bu

bigu was made famous by yan xin who has done studies with U.S. professors on "energy feasting" (no food and even no water). Chunyi Lin went 1 month in a cave with no food and no water and no sleep. Chemistry professor Rustom Roy held an academic conference on bigu and there's a report of a lady in Beijing going a couple months with no food and she was fine. I went 8 days on just half glass of water so I know exactly how it's possible to go without food and water. The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality by Charles Luk tells you how to do this.

• Like 1

It's not using Chi Gong but anyone familiar with "Buddha Boy"? He goes long periods of time without food or water. Supposedly.

Love,

Carson :D

Yes! Discovery did a great documentary on him:

If you watch all 5 parts of this (I can't remember which part in particular) you'll see a study done on an Indian man who claims not to have eaten or drank for years. Pretty good study they did on him too!

My teacher, Wang Juemin, was jailed for 17 years. During this time he was often tortured and starved by his captors. He said only the practice of Stillness-Movement qigong allowed him to live.

So yes, he was able to pull energy in direct to replace nourishment lost from not eating. I like to eat so I choose to eat except I do this energy transmutation during fasting periods.

I think one of the keys, as far as qigong goes, is a continuous and devoted practice of a powerful internal qigong system that includes transmutation as one of its elements. But as long as food is available it does become a matter of "why".

In re to Bigu. One of my students teaches this and has had remarkable client results with this method. I think the problem is that, once the patient/client gets to feeling better they go right back to the same way of doing things so the illness more than likely will return.

There is this rumor among top Martial Artists that there is a kind of Chi Gong that is done several times a day and you do no need to eat for months at a time.

I heard of a woman who lived several years like that and would eat a grape every once in a while.

Anyone hear of this?

Groceries are getting expensive!

There was a report on Michael Winn's site about this. Look up "healing Tao goes breatharian"

Ron Diana also said he knew someone who had gone bigu.

My impression was that it was side effect of general practice, rather than something one aimed for.

Also needed a lot of practice to maintain. Speciallly on the beach at dawn etc etc.

My impression was that it was side effect of general practice, rather than something one aimed for.

Also needed a lot of practice to maintain. Speciallly on the beach at dawn etc etc.

Depending how long you can do it for I would agree.

Buddha boy was proven by several film crews to be a fraud.

I believe a French crew caught him eating an apple while he was supposed to be fasting, and he was passed out sleeping while he was supposed to be meditating.

Keep in mind, at night he "goes behind a curtain" from 5 pm to 5 am, and no one can see him then.

Also, going without food is totally different than being hungry. I've done a 5 day no food fast and felt little to no hunger - and I have very little body fat from college sports (meaning I think it would be more difficult for me vs someone 250 pounds with body fat). I felt very little hunger, but definitely was weak at around day 4. If I can see someone go without food or water for a few weeks, then I'll believe it. Or if someone has a claim that can teach me, I'll practice every day and film it myself. ;)

Regarding Bigu - it says right on the website you eat a special diet... it's not regular no-food fasting. Is there a different type where you don't eat anything?

Edited by DaoChild

Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full-lotus. Buddha Boy does not even sit in full-lotus -- he's definitely a fake -- yet people are desperate for some father figure saviour type. As for bigu being a special diet -- that's called MODIFIED BIGU and it's definitely what qigong masters do. Read "Opening the Dragon Gate" for how Master Wang, Liping is always on a modified bigu diet -- meaning he eats next to nothing. Qigong master Chunyi Lin has the same diet -- he fasts one day a week and then the rest of the week eats a small veggie meal once a day. That's the modified bigu diet. Real bigu -- to go without any food or water without thirst and hunger and to INCREASE YOUR ENERGY means that you've converted your body to a direct ELECTROMAGNETIC reality. The water is created through a sort of reverse electrolysis so that the "ambrosia" runs down through the roof of the mouth, created through the pineal gland converting the quantum chaos of reality -- or whatever.

The belly is filled with electromagnetic bliss which is why I stopped eating when I went on bigu -- I wasn't hungry and I had so much energy -- so why eat? Besides I was preparing for the Level III http://springforestqigong.com retreat where "energy feasting" is taught. So first qigong master chunyi Lin did a week fast on one apple a day and then one Chinese fig a day -- well I think it was first 3 apples a day and then one apple a day and then 3 figs and then 1 fig. The point is you are going deeper and deeper into electromagnetic fields -- and yes it depends on storing up and coverting the sexual electrochemical energy. The book Autobiography of a Yogi has a lady who is a real bigu practitioner. They are out there -- but they are rare -- it's a special type of samadhi. Food clogs up the energy channels -- so there's a constant conversion of physical to electrochemical to electromagnetic energy. The less full-lotus is done the more food is eaten and it depends on the context of how the full-lotus is practiced -- sex-wise. So a type of food is the electrochemical energy of other people but then the people also EAT electromagnetic energy and that's how the qigong healing occurs. People are unaware that they actually live off electromagnetic energy.

Buddha Boy was proven to be fake? Oh well. So much for that documentary.

I wish Drew Hempel would post here more often. His stuff always interests me.

Take a look at this article he posted.

Also can anyone point to an exercise website or whatever that can teach one to sit full-lotus? I've tried on multiple occasions but can only do half-lotus...I just don't have the flexibility for full lotus.

p.s. I *think* maybe I found a book by Drew at Amazon (and Lulu.com) but there's nothing to indicate what the subject is about.

Edited by SereneBlue

bigu was made famous by yan xin who has done studies with U.S. professors on "energy feasting" (no food and even no water). Chunyi Lin went 1 month in a cave with no food and no water and no sleep. Chemistry professor Rustom Roy held an academic conference on bigu and there's a report of a lady in Beijing going a couple months with no food and she was fine. I went 8 days on just half glass of water so I know exactly how it's possible to go without food and water. The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality by Charles Luk tells you how to do this.

Hello ;)

The without sleep is probably also because he is in a very relaxed and feeding and 'recuperating' etc state in general already, let;s say with his mind and his every biology. (like all of the time. i suspect such a state can exist.)

I don't think he does it to prove anything, or that doing it somehow enhances something else.

Chuang Tzu saidin chapter one that there were people out there who could live only on dew/mist and chi. But said people also had snow white skin, were perfectly in tune with the Tao, made plants grow, and even flew. So maybe this is a technique that is just a little advanced, haha.

Japanese hermits would often cut off all food but the occasional piece of tree bark (mokujiki). The result of which was often spontaneous mummification after death, possibly from drying out the inside of the body. This does not really sound like a practice for me.

See the Three Worms as one of the reasons for Bigu (also called Pigu).

http://sites.google.com/site/delawareteaso...demons-and-bigu

It also comes to Acid/Alkaline in Diet.

It should be done under the supervision of a Master as the master can help support the student with Qi infused objects.. Tea, nuts, etc.

One lady does this: http://www.qinway.org

but she's quite expensive and really doesn't teach how to do Bigu.. You need to continue to purchase supplies from her to continue.

It's a rare art which I am very interested in.

Edited by Baguakid
  • Like 1

That is quite interesting! Any more information on this? I love these kinds of topics.

Real Bigu is Daoist practice to expel worms and other energetic parasites on all levels.It is good as preparation for Nei Dan.But we know that Bigu and injesting Qi are numbered as minor or side doors which can help but this dont lead to Immortality.

Ormus