Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Who moderates Taobums?

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is/are anyone moderating the Taoist discussion forum. I believe we need that kind of work in there because there are some individuals that are trolling some of the threads and that behaviour should stop.

Those people are better off looking for forums in which big egos, high levels of testosterone, ignorance and delusion are prevalent. If you belong to this sort, I will suggest you doing a Google search which will easily lead you to this kind of environment.

In addition, I would like to offer my services as a forum moderator.

Thanks,

DC.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

People have different views. What I find amusing is how you think certain people troll after you misinterpret one post. I would apologize normally but seem unable to seeing as how there is nothing to apologize for. DC, it's simple. You misinterpreted a simple jab at Orb. Playful jab at that.

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is/are anyone moderating the Taoist discussion forum. I believe we need that kind of work in there because there are some individuals that are trolling some of the threads and that behaviour should stop.

Those people are better off looking for forums in which big egos, high levels of testosterone, ignorance and delusion are prevalent. If you belong to this sort, I will suggest you doing a Google search which will easily lead you to this kind of environment.

Thanks,

DC.

This question seems to come up every so often :)

So this isn't directed at you durkhrod chogori

but just in general ...

Personally ...

I kinda like the egos here?

Make things interesting.

Might be part of why i've stuck around even, lol?

(there is an ignore button too.)

Pains in the tuckus at times when ones trying to have a real conversation

but they(very) often make me think.

Most folks talk around them.

Just don't get caught in conversations/debates over nonsense.

In the fine lines of some of the "egos" posts are jewls of wisdom

hidden but freely shared.

Also ...

Remember some folks don't get out much.

Some are homebound.

Some are just never listened to and writing on a forum like this might be

the first time they were ever free to speak their mind.

When folks are unused to dealing with other people they often come on a little "strong"

or are over opinionated. Other times that's just perfectly natural for their nature.

It's kinda cool to see how others live their lives.

Why force more control on them.

We've all got enough chains cutting into our flesh.

Seems like when individuals here try and "moderate"

they make themselves judge jury and hangman.

Those folks tend to have pretty heavy egos also.

They fight fire with fire and everything ends up crispy and burnt.

Becomes the typical mob mentality.

Sean is the moderator.

The decisions I've witnessed have been just and fair.

Warnings given.

Good luck, just take a step back and watch it all,

see it for what it is without getting "trapped" by it all.

Good to practice witnessing.

For all of us.

Actually i

Like seeing views that would not come from my own self.

Stay well.

Shon

Err are you outing yourself for the bagua posts in the tai chi thread? :lol:

Said with a :) just being playful.

Actually it feels like Sean is not around at the moment....

durkhrod chogori,

Sean's on and off around here.

There are deep positive aspects to either approach. The lord of the flies thing does keep it entertaining. As Shon could tell you, I don't get out much so any craziness is duly appreciated. :lol:

If I see anything that's annoying, I just put that person on ignore. If it's attack oriented, I pm Sean about it.

Your pal,

Yoda

I would hope that you wouldn't be a moderator, with such strict views of how people should behave.

Things are fine here IMO. Different personalities make it lively. And who is to say that those who bug you have big egos, and that you don't?

Phore, I'm a postwhore not a moderator... :lol: Maybe once a year I'll rat out a naughty bum to Sean. This place is as close to moderatorlessness as it gets.

Phore, I'm a postwhore not a moderator... :lol: Maybe once a year I'll rat out a naughty bum to Sean. This place is as close to moderatorlessness as it gets.

ah,

I didnt think you were until sean said you should be able to edit his post, in the healing circle thread.

I dont really think we need another moderator. sean does well. :)

I've found that my reactions to posts of others tells me more about myself than about them.

It's a valuable barometer and learning aid.

I respect Sean's wu wei approach to moderation here and find that it gives a genuinely Daoist flavor to our little corner of paradise. What value would there be to more moderation? The rare instances of truly objectionable behavior have been handled well in the relatively short time I've been around.

I've found that my reactions to posts of others tells me more about myself than about them.

It's a valuable barometer and learning aid.

Yes, I often think "Mmmm why had that rubbed me the wrong way"

I just need to refrain from replying so quickly :lol:

Sign in to follow this