Spirit Ape

What a Tosser!

Hahahah thats 30 seconds more then me!!!

The thing is he charges a 2%@$5 fortune for courses check out his other clips he is totally a wanker...

Ape

I actually watched that whole first video, and was thinking, "Well this could actually be good. I will give it a shot and watch the next ones." Then I saw the second video where he started practicing and ...... :lol:

In 2000, I was considering taking Clyman's video courses and had an extended conversation about the most of the popular Chi Kung teachers of the day...................He didn't have a nice word to say about any of them.

I never forgot his arrogance and the names he pinned on these teachers.

Effie Chow- a bitch who had too much

control of the scheduling at the yearly

chi kung conference.

Mantak Chia-too difficult to understand

and is over rated.

Jerry Alan Johnson-"can't you see the fear

in his eyes?" ( I kid you not)

and my favorite

Bruce Frantzis-"a beached whale"

This dude was so bizarre and intimidating even

on the phone!

His 3 clip he rubs the sternum of course you gonna get a reaction, let me Fung Ngn Choi his ribs I bet he would bounce back in pain.

He is very arrogant indeed!!!

Just another FAT QI KUNG and TAIJI teacher with no self respect or control of food intake and he is teaching people? Oh sorry, that is CHI KUNG spelt C H I K U N G lmfao!!!!

Thank goodness for free speech!

This is probably the coolest thing on his channel I found so far.

KfyAHoQAu1o

Edited by Spectrum

hm, actually, if i'm not mistaken, getting a bigger belly can also come from storing chi, not per say or per definition all the time from only eating

that's just to say to you all that what you think is 1 + 1 is 2 doesn't have to be in the way that you presume/think it is. (or, another view of what can be reality. as a matter of discourse, ofcourse.)

although i think not everyone with a lot of chi has a big belly .... hm, i don't know. :)

Edited by froggie

hm, actually, if i'm not mistaken, getting a bigger belly can also come from storing chi, not per say or per definition all the time from only eating

that's just to say to you all that what you think is 1 + 1 is 2 doesn't have to be in the way that you presume/think it is. (or, another view of what can be reality. as a matter of discourse, ofcourse.)

although i think not everyone with a lot of chi has a big belly .... hm, i don't know. :)

Possibly. I'm pretty positive that Bruce has a big belly from fat storage, that goes for Gary too.

Yeah I tend to think that qi doesn't make you gain fat. On the contrary! Also, a lot of old time practitioners have also done some pretty hard belly breathing practices, which are known to make the abdominal organs protrude more...so it's not some huge qi ball lodged in there anywhere. It's just the body's adaptation to an unnatural way of breathing (yes belly breathing IS unnatural when you're doing it as a practice).

I also think that the more lean (healthier) you are, the better every qigong exercise will work. It's a big key to longevity...Western science knows this. Obesity has been shown to cause diabetes and tons of other issues. Does Gary Clyman look like he has hypertension to you...looks so to me!

A good thing to do when looking for someone who has a good practice is to see if they look healthy. In fact look at everyone and see who looks the healthiest...try to copy what they do. Try to avoid what the unhealthy looking ones suggest. ;)

Everyone is free to practice whatever method they want, though. :)

Clyman is FAT, Bruce is FAT, these guys have students how, when they cant even look after there health and teaching people how to look after themselves? Ironic of what!!!

hahaha I call him FAT BASTARD!

Clyman is FAT, Bruce is FAT, these guys have students how, when they cant even look after there health and teaching people how to look after themselves? Ironic of what!!!

hahaha I call him FAT BASTARD!

Apparently they are "do as I say not as I do"

I think th at's a little bit unfair for you guys to bash both of them. I don't know or have affiliations with either of them, and regardless of their quackiness I've heard Bruce Frantzis is very well respected in the internal martial arts community.

Genetics is as powerful a factor as "Chi" -- isn't it? How many of you here have tried diets, or are overweight? Do we really have a right to talk?

So Because I have less than 5% body fat, does that give me the right to talk or criticize? Scares me how quickly people are willing to criticize others. Have you seen Bruce Frantzis move? He has stunning Bagua footwork for a large man, and I believe he has also broken his back (or had a serious injury like that from a car crash).

Food for thought

There is knowledge and there is self respect and im sorry those fat bastards have lost there self respect and live of suckers (students) saying they have Qi!

Strong body = strong mind = strong Qi that is my motto....

Is there any part of taiji that says you need to be running 6 miles a day and do tons of external rigid exercise for health? Do you have to have ripped muscles and trim body fat?

How does a strong body = a strong mind? I always thought the purpose of a spiritual practice was that internal leads to external, not the other way around.

I don't quite follow you here

Is there any part of taiji that says you need to be running 6 miles a day and do tons of external rigid exercise for health? Do you have to have ripped muscles and trim body fat?

How does a strong body = a strong mind? I always thought the purpose of a spiritual practice was that internal leads to external, not the other way around.

I don't quite follow you here

High blood pressure and obesity isnt healthy physically. The greatest flow of chi isnt going to do you any good at all if you die early from chronic high blood pressure and obesity. Healthy body, inside and out.

Why do the good old taiji masters die so young?

Just cause in the taiji classic it doesnt say to run or do weights doesnt mean you dont. Chen style uses heavy stone and iron balls just like my art does for internal power, long heavy poles to bring forth Jing/Ging, rolling heavy bars of bambo or iron on the forearms, sand bags these are also found in Wudang, shaolin its part of physcial development so you have muscle force with Internal cultivation. Taiji form is soft must be balanced with what? Yin Yang, look I guarentee many Taiji people will love this debate about muscle building with internal arts but its because its been lost and or left out cause some idiot teacher didnt want to do it and stuck to form cause that is much easier on the body who knows if what you will develop with physcial exercise and taiji form together. I bet you a better healthier life then being FAT ASS taiji practitioner. I work in E.D and see overweight young people losing limbs to diabeties and the like all because they are FAT and unhealthy you cannot say that these FAT TAIJI or internal masters to you are a vision of health?

Come on use your logic!!!

Ape

I think th at's a little bit unfair for you guys to bash both of them. I don't know or have affiliations with either of them, and regardless of their quackiness I've heard Bruce Frantzis is very well respected in the internal martial arts community.

Genetics is as powerful a factor as "Chi" -- isn't it? How many of you here have tried diets, or are overweight? Do we really have a right to talk?

So Because I have less than 5% body fat, does that give me the right to talk or criticize? Scares me how quickly people are willing to criticize others. Have you seen Bruce Frantzis move? He has stunning Bagua footwork for a large man, and I believe he has also broken his back (or had a serious injury like that from a car crash).

Food for thought

There is no justification for obesity. Being overweight is more commonly due to laziness. Following a proper diet will only do so much. If someone wants to be in the spotlight and mentor and teach then I think at the very least they should keep themselves healthy if just to set a good example. I highly doubt Bruce is eating healthy foods. 5% body fat is extreme and an overstatement on your part. Bruce has to be atleast 30% bodyfat. Obesity is becoming more and more common and accepted in society. It's too easy to say "I'll start tomorrow". Yes, we all have the right to talk.

I do believe genetics play a part in some things but not alot. I dont believe in genetically "slow" matabolisms (laziness and overeating can alter it). I dont believe in genetically fat people either. I dont think big bellies automatically means fat either but if your arms and legs sway like jelly bags then youre fat. If someone is ok with being fat then fine but dont say "Oh I'm just big boned or my parents were big so I am too", come to reality, they are fat because they made themselves fat.

Now onto the thyroid factor. Being overweight can cause thyroid damage so I think it starts with a child being overweight and lazy. As time goes on surely you can take medication/herbs and control dietary intake and get on an exercise program.

Strong body = strong mind = strong Qi that is my motto....

I agree.

These guys (well at least Bruce..not Clyman :lol: ) may be great at qigong, but they could be that much greater if they were healthy first. And yeah a person can be fat and still be a great martial artist, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Anyway, I have a lot of respect for Bruce.

I agree.

These guys (well at least Bruce..not Clyman :lol: ) may be great at qigong, but they could be that much greater if they were healthy first. And yeah a person can be fat and still be a great martial artist, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Anyway, I have a lot of respect for Bruce.

How great can you be if you get winded after 10 minutes of rigorous performance though?

Personally, I think a person like Bruce Lee is a prime example of a great martial artist. He understood the importance of conditioning and nutrition.

Being overweight can CAUSE thyroid problems? Never heard of that, always thought it was the other way around.

I agree with you though - I think that for a martial arts practitioner to gain credibility they should demonstrate they are both skilled and in good physical health. Good health often times (to me) indicates dedication, discipline, and regularity of practice.