Cameron

Taoist Yoga & Sex energy

Just curious. I played with the practices in this book a little but in the 5 years or so since this book came out I don't remember one person on the HT board or anyone here actually doing the system as Eric wrote it.

Eric said the practices in this book teach sexual alchemy on a level never before written about and no one has checked it out?

I know, he got kind of a negative rep from how things went down years ago but that was just personal drama which most people go through at some point.

So has anyone actually done the system as he wrote it?

So has anyone actually done the system as he wrote it?

7217[/snapback]

This is my whole intention with "TaoMagic" - to follow Yudulove's two workbooks. I'm still working with the first book (my time schedule is quite different :) , but I decided to integrate everything more or less in my daily routine which takes time). On the other hand I feel quite stuck with it at the moment (I have been thinking of a change for some time) and as the Microcosmic Orbit and Inner Smile are something I have been doing for years now I don't think that something speaks against going on with the alchemical stuff.

How about following it together? We could start next week or even earlier! This might be by far more motivating than doing it alone (which might be the reason for being stuck and we could exchange tips and experience). What about the others, like Sean and Yoda ... I know that they are really fascinated by Yudelove's stuff. This might be a great possibility to check out Yudelove's stuff together! Taobums, what do you think? Let's get started!

i've got the 'taoist yoga for better sex life' book of yudeloves.

i really liked the simplicity of the practices and the way they built on from one another.

i didn't follow the program for all that long though, i think i got up to week 6 or something before things got overwhelming in my personal life and i dropped out.....

im not sure if i have the time anymore to follow his entire system but have always wanted to bring a few of the practices back in, particularly bone breathing and 4-square breathing. also the turning the water wheel practices look interesting.....

What material of yudelove is out there? titles of books & videos?

are those still available?

thankx

Harry

7223[/snapback]

Yudelove's books in order of appearance:

100 Days To Better Health, Good Sex & Long Life: The emphasis lies in opening the Microcosmic Orbit (or Golden Flower).

Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy; Internal Alchemy and Chi Kung: Has an interesting mixture of practices; ends with an interesting variant of Fusion I and the God and Goddess exercise.

Tao & The Tree Of Life: Very interesting book, but not a workbook. The practices (Kan Li) are not described in detail.

The books are translated in many languages by the way.

I know, he got kind of a negative rep from how things went down years ago but that was just personal drama which most people go through at some point.

7217[/snapback]

These personal issues Eric had, just HOW did his "personal drama" came to involve little astral dragons that would fly over to fuck people in their sleep? :blink:

Sorry for that one.. just curious :D

But really, Cameron, what exactly wrote Eric to you in those strange deranged letters he sent to you..

I for one would like to read some of that stuff.

Back on topic.

Taoist Alchemy & Sexual energy have been on my wishlist for a long time now.

I am not going to bring up issues long dead and buried. Eric was very friendly to me in his last couple months we emailed. So I have no problem with anything he said at this point.

Now, someone just informed me Eric has recently been involved in some more Drama(not that I necissarily have a problem with that we all have drama on some level).

My feeling about it now is it would be better to either here Eric's side of the story if he cares to come here and chat or just drop all that bs and focus on the practices on his book " Taoist Yoga and sexual Energy".

If TTB's would be intersted in following this program together week by week that would be fine with me. Let me know.

This also raises an interesting question, what if you don't particularly like someone on a personal level but that have alot of interesting things to teach. I mean, what's more important, the person or the knowledge?

of course one could also make the argument if someone's conduct or behavior is not really what you would call enlightened(whatever the heck that means) than they are not really teaching something worthwhile.

but maybe that is all an illusion. If a book is good or a system works well for you should it matter if you like or don't like the teacher or writer?

I mean, none of us is ever going to be good friends with Eric there is no question about that but should that stop us from beneifitting what his book teaches?

I would agree it does add another level when you really like someone. Like I really genuinely like Ken Cohen alot . I liked him even more in person and like what he teaches. He embodies what he teaches.

So how important is this?

So how important is this?

7233[/snapback]

Mad important, I think. Some folk with very high levels of achievement might be "assholish," especially if they feel that their level of knowlege isn't being appreciated or respected. Nonetheless, there are certain behaviors which indicate a lack of integration, and if the nature of practices is to develop integration, then you could say that they're probably not the best choice of teachers. One of my warning flags concerns how people deal with drama in their lives. Rough situations occur, but there's always a wide range of reactions, from annoyed complaint to reacting in ways that exacerbate the situation. I don't think that throwing fuel on a fire is in much harmony with the tao, in most cases. I am also very wary of madness and mental instability and their symptoms. It's not that folk with mental issues are bad people, but it doesn't speak much for their practices if a calm, centered, peaceful and stable mind isn't a result. - j

This also raises an interesting question, what if you don't particularly like someone on a personal level but that have alot of interesting things to teach. I mean, what's more important, the person or the knowledge?

7233[/snapback]

I have even read that one might pick up the energy from reading someone's book... which would add another level of complication...

Harry

I think Eric put together a masterful assembly of practices in his books, but I've never been inspired to actually follow the program, but I'll flip through his book again to see what I think right now.