Sloppy Zhang

Jing Questions

Okay so I've been doing a lot of reading and research on the topic, but I've still got some questions....

So apparently when you are born you have jing. As you grow you lose that jing doing various activities, one of which (for men) is ejaculating. But some people say that it's not the physical act of ejaculating that loses the jing, but the mental things going on that's associated with it.

So.... what's the deal with this?

Also, a lot of sources say that once you lose jing then it's gone for good and stuff, and one of the central practices to reserving jing is not expending it (the celibacy that a lot of systems prescribe). But then in a lot of alchemical processes you have the transformation of qi to jing, back to qi then finally to shen. So there is the sense that you can get the jing back.... then there arises the topic of pre-heaven jing and post heaven jing. The pre-heaven jing that you start out with is lost, and the jing you get from the qi-> jing step is post heaven jing.

Then the (second) question becomes: can post-heaven jing make up for lost pre-heaven jing? Will it be the same quality? Or is someone who has lost a lot of pre-heaven jing basically out of luck?

There's a man trying to suck me off right now so I can answer your question. He's part of the "bouncing leg epidemic" -- his electromagnetic awareness is stuck in his lower chakras so he's "secretly" fixated on translating his jing into sex fluid -- the OPPOSITE of Taoism which is the transformation of jing or electrochemical energy into electromagnetic energy through the pineal gland. When the male climaxes that's the sympathetic nervous system but the internal climax is the parasympathetic nervous system -- this is why modern males are evil -- especially since sex sells. It's also why ONLY full-lotus works to counteract male pervs from trying to suck you off. A gong means 100 days of storing up and converting the sex fluid into electromagnetic energy -- the more it's store up the greater the risk of an explosion since it's store in the stomach -- so less and less food is eaten. The food becomes pure electrochemical energy or the jing around you in the environment -- which is then converted through the full-lotus into electromagnetic energy. This is either stored up enough until the pineal gland can be opened and then stored up more for deeper meditation or, once the pineal gland is open, the electromagnetic energy is freely cycled back into people for healing -- so the full-lotus is an energy transformer. While the pervs are trying to jerk off the full-lotus is creating and shooting electromagnetic fields into people. You decide.

In the little experience I have with this stuff...

Focusing on transmuting Jing is a waste of time. The thing that works best is being at one with the divine...through whatever great spiritual practice you know...then everything happens naturally.

So my opinion is that all the talk about jing/qi/shen was originally just describing the process...not meant to be taken as instructions on what to do.

Hi SZ,

Over the years, the subject of Jing changed to a passionate research, once I could pull my head out of what people generally think Jing is.

You know, it is a miracle, just think of the fact that it can replicate and perpetuate life.

On one hand it can perpetuate life in the visible, when you have kids, on the other hand, in the invisible - when the process of conversion starts, and Jing starts to "feed" the process of alchemy.

There are two main roads that my research took me up so far.

1 - the path of the western science: it's very interesting to see how - once we understand that we as individuals are a huge bunch of different types of cells, constantly replicating (thus using Jing) - the original idea that Jing is sperm cannot hold out.

Then you can start searching for all that is involved with this information replication, and with all that has carrying information as a main function: neuropeptides, neurotransmitters, enzymes, hormones, even lymph and blood. The thing is, you can discover this way that Jing is not localized only in one part of the body, you can see it's an essence that is present everywhere.

2 - daoist-type cosmology: it's also involved with the transmission and replication of life, energy and information. there you have the answers regarding the transformation of the prenatal into the postnatal, and the road to get back to the source of the primordial qi. In my experience, there cannot be only one way of replenishing the original jing. Although our body is made to function in a just-so manner, meaning that we all work the same way, and in one way mainly - the practicioners can link and activate different types of physiological processes in the body.

It's like having a quantity of dots - representing the systems of the body -, that is usually connected with lines in a certain way. If you know how, you can derive the wisdom to connect the dots in a different way, for a different goal, with different results. I think it was tried out thru all the history of the practicioners... mainly by trial/error methods, some of them inspired by the masters, some of them depicted from the laws of nature, or, as above, from laws of cosmology.

For me it's still one of the most fascinating research... It's still a research, so I can't tell if I got anywhere with it... just some interesting experiences, together with a new attitude towards this subject...

L1

I remember Taomeow had a very interesting explenation on jing. Will try to find it and post a link.

From my understanding it seems that reserving jing also involves thoughts and feeling, not just sexual ejaculation but mental aswell. So when we stop projecting our thoughts and energy on others and on the world and rather keep our consciousness(shen) within our own body, jing will naturally build up. And especially during silence. When mind and body is still, jing will flourish. During silence we neither project externally nor internally.

Here is the link for more on jing: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...586&hl=jing

Edited by sheng zhen

That brings me to "spectral leakage" a term I discovered in the tome Principles of Digital Audio. Essentially spectral leakage is the loss of frequency information due to the "divide and average" digital conversion of the analog signal.

What's even more disturbing is that the concept of "fundamental frequency" in Fourier transforms is actually based on amplitude of the analog signal -- or, once again, defining time as divide and average space.

http://mothershiplanding.blogspot.com

READ THE BOOK TAOIST YOGA: ALCHEMY AND IMMORTALITY for the secrets of jing.

I was taught that the quickest way to cultivate the three treasures is by coordinating them into harmony through practicing chi gung and gung fu.

The reason why is that there is a ...spectrum... between the very slow *or even still* and the very fast , or absolutely speedy.... so chi gung is like learning the abcs and how to tune the strings of an instrument(chi, then playing scales (forms) and then freestyling (jazz). This is where classical structures support build and grow each part of the symphony and organic inter-relationships that make up the complete human being. Yes, we're actually looking to get MORE of the -a-hah- moments we call realization, learning, and a functional flow that redefines linear sequences into circular answers to multiple questions, internal and external.

The first way shared with me to cultivate jing is by changing (en)training the food you eat, the air you breath, and the way you move.

The first way shared with me to cultivate/circulate chi was a standing posture in which you hold a 2lb barbell weight in wuji, upwards at a 45deg angle towards the corner of the room. Imagine you are hanging the weight on a hook in the corner, fix your gave through the center of the weight into the corner.

The first way shared with me to culviate shen was to practice gung fu in conjunctions with natural chi cycles.

Hey thanks for all the responses guys!

Focusing on transmuting Jing is a waste of time. The thing that works best is being at one with the divine...through whatever great spiritual practice you know...then everything happens naturally.

So my opinion is that all the talk about jing/qi/shen was originally just describing the process...not meant to be taken as instructions on what to do.

I think there was a thread about circulation and stuff being a waste of time, and I think that the article it was in reference too pretty much said that most things happen on their own naturally through certain practices, but a lot of people try to directly recreate the stuff that happens naturally.

It's an interesting thought, and something I've been thinking about for a little while.

Hi SZ,

Over the years, the subject of Jing changed to a passionate research, once I could pull my head out of what people generally think Jing is.

You know, it is a miracle, just think of the fact that it can replicate and perpetuate life.

On one hand it can perpetuate life in the visible, when you have kids, on the other hand, in the invisible - when the process of conversion starts, and Jing starts to "feed" the process of alchemy.

There are two main roads that my research took me up so far.

1 - the path of the western science: it's very interesting to see how - once we understand that we as individuals are a huge bunch of different types of cells, constantly replicating (thus using Jing) - the original idea that Jing is sperm cannot hold out.

Then you can start searching for all that is involved with this information replication, and with all that has carrying information as a main function: neuropeptides, neurotransmitters, enzymes, hormones, even lymph and blood. The thing is, you can discover this way that Jing is not localized only in one part of the body, you can see it's an essence that is present everywhere.

2 - daoist-type cosmology: it's also involved with the transmission and replication of life, energy and information. there you have the answers regarding the transformation of the prenatal into the postnatal, and the road to get back to the source of the primordial qi. In my experience, there cannot be only one way of replenishing the original jing. Although our body is made to function in a just-so manner, meaning that we all work the same way, and in one way mainly - the practicioners can link and activate different types of physiological processes in the body.

It's like having a quantity of dots - representing the systems of the body -, that is usually connected with lines in a certain way. If you know how, you can derive the wisdom to connect the dots in a different way, for a different goal, with different results. I think it was tried out thru all the history of the practicioners... mainly by trial/error methods, some of them inspired by the masters, some of them depicted from the laws of nature, or, as above, from laws of cosmology.

For me it's still one of the most fascinating research... It's still a research, so I can't tell if I got anywhere with it... just some interesting experiences, together with a new attitude towards this subject...

L1

I appreciate the insights! I know what you mean about something being still a research. There are lots of topics that are just fun to read about and learn about and think about. Actual practice and cultivation is good too, but I enjoy getting the brain involved from time to time :P

Don't be hesitant to share stuff about what you've learned, even if it's a lot of information or seems dull or boring, I'll be open to it :)

I remember Taomeow had a very interesting explenation on jing. Will try to find it and post a link.

From my understanding it seems that reserving jing also involves thoughts and feeling, not just sexual ejaculation but mental aswell. So when we stop projecting our thoughts and energy on others and on the world and rather keep our consciousness(shen) within our own body, jing will naturally build up. And especially during silence. When mind and body is still, jing will flourish. During silence we neither project externally nor internally.

Here is the link for more on jing: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...586&hl=jing

Thanks for the link. Also interesting view about stopping the projection of thoughts and energy onto others... I see what you mean!

I was taught that the quickest way to cultivate the three treasures is by coordinating them into harmony through practicing chi gung and gung fu.

The reason why is that there is a ...spectrum... between the very slow *or even still* and the very fast , or absolutely speedy.... so chi gung is like learning the abcs and how to tune the strings of an instrument(chi, then playing scales (forms) and then freestyling (jazz). This is where classical structures support build and grow each part of the symphony and organic inter-relationships that make up the complete human being. Yes, we're actually looking to get MORE of the -a-hah- moments we call realization, learning, and a functional flow that redefines linear sequences into circular answers to multiple questions, internal and external.

The first way shared with me to cultivate jing is by changing (en)training the food you eat, the air you breath, and the way you move.

The first way shared with me to cultivate/circulate chi was a standing posture in which you hold a 2lb barbell weight in wuji, upwards at a 45deg angle towards the corner of the room. Imagine you are hanging the weight on a hook in the corner, fix your gave through the center of the weight into the corner.

The first way shared with me to culviate shen was to practice gung fu in conjunctions with natural chi cycles.

Thanks for sharing some cultivation techniques! What type of kung fu do you practice, or at least, what type of kung fu was implied when you were taught to practice kung fu in conjunction with qi gung and stuff?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Thanks for sharing some cultivation techniques! What type of kung fu do you practice, or at least, what type of kung fu was implied when you were taught to practice kung fu in conjunction with qi gung and stuff?

YeeChuanTao aka I Quan Dao