Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

focus on others

my girl told me that she believes I do not care about her, I don't think of her or care FOR her, I don't show compassion for her, I don't do things out of the blue for her. I don't make her feel special at all.

I fought the idea at first, but now with her out of the room, I accept that it's true.

I'll drop the ego and just ask, are there any exercises that'll help me focus on her and others far more regularly and consistently?

thank you

Do you know what Element you are... do you know what element your girlfriend is?

Those might be good information to have and learn about the role each one plays

Do you know what Element you are... do you know what element your girlfriend is?

Those might be good information to have and learn about the role each one plays

I do not know. how would I figure that out?

For people in general, part of my morning practice is to dedicate a little time to thinking about my family, friends and acquaintances- then maybe I think about if anyone needs help or some extra time, maybe if someone comes to mind who I haven't seen a while or just would like to talk to might call. Helps to watch your calendar and write things down makes people happy if you remember birthdays and special occasions. I feel I'm very fortunate and blessed to have so many terrific people in my life, I still don't do enough but I try to at least give thanks for them each day

For your girlfriend, well Valentine's Day coming so hope you took the huge hint. I don't know if it works looking for a guy to make you feel special once you find it in yourself they tend to fall down at your feet. But you must be very special to want to try rather than getting defensive about these things. So of course try to put yourself in her place and think about what she might want and if you're not sure ask, but don't be a martyr about it either, work on making a positive feedback cycle for fun and good feelings for both of you.

Sign in to follow this