Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

My name is Yoda and I like to post.

I'm diggin the intro stories!

Here's mine:

My day name is Kyle and I'm from Phoenix originally. When I was in high school, I began to have experiences of synchronicity which got me interested in understanding the hows and whys of the matter. I majored in religion at Swarthmore College and then got an MA in Buddhism at Naropa. In the process, I really bought into the concept of karma and samsara and set off to save all sentient beings...

Years later, I noticed a few things: nobody had been saved, I was feeling frustrated, and my beloved synchronicities had turned on me. They had begun to attack me with negative experiences served up with plenty of magical coincidences to twist the blade.

I had dedicated my life to saving all sentient beings and done a shitload of meritorious karma type practices, so it didn't make sense why I seemed to be punished for this.

I eventually replaced my belief in samsara for a new agey it's-all-good philosophy and took up taoist style practices.

Now I'm simply looking to have fun, and when I am in the groove, life is pleasantly magical once again.

-Yoda

Like your yiquando guy said, external manifestations are a feedback technique and I was surprised that I was having negative manifestations since I was doing the mantras 16 hours a day. I was a very hardcore Buddhist so it took me a long time to figure out that saying mantras 16 hours a day is actually bad karma if it isn't done happily.

I eventually replaced my belief in samsara for a new agey it's-all-good philosophy and took up taoist style practices.

Now I'm simply looking to have fun, and when I am in the groove, life is pleasantly magical once again. 

And this is the Yoda we all know and love.

It's been fun Kyle. I really enjoy being here with you. Besides your great insights you make me laugh out loud at least once a week. :)

Sean.

Cam,

Actually, I'll be in PHX during Thanksgiving, and I'd love to get together, but I don't tend to have much time as my family is fairly possessive of me on my rare visits so we'll play it by ear.

-Yoda

It's all good if you have time drop me a line we can grab a beer or something.

(Edit..I mean a Green Tea! Of course!)

haha

Hi Yoda,

Welcome to the 'bums. It's pretty new agey and all-good here :)

I'm sure you have had and will continue to have fun

:P

:lol:

Darin,

You read my mind! :lol: I was just strolling down memory lane... the bums have been around for 4 years now and I forget how long the proto-bums had been at it before then but it has been a great thing. I'm very grateful for everyone's energy, knowledge, and love. It has been of great benefit to me and I'm sure many others.

Your pal,

Yoda

We had something of a crying game misunderstanding with her, but I forget the details.

Mmmmm wow.

If you search the members by date joined most of the original members are still active here, very cool.

I remember Phore asking why Sean was member #3. I thought Lezlie was probable #2 and admin #1 but I don't think that is correct. Numbers pretty much doubled in the 3 months between Darrin and then myself joining. These days they are huge!

If you build it thay will come!

BTW how do you get to be a concierge, sounds helpfull :D

Sign in to follow this