Mal

Breathing

Breathing is unlikely to be the problem you need to worry about .Paying attention to it will only push you to a dead end.

U want to explain this one? Is this sarcasm im too dense to pick up on? Breathing is really the first and only problem that you need to 'worry about' so to speak. Correct, relaxed, natural breathing is a prereq for any functional energetic practice. You're not going to get much out of your qigong or meditation if you're breathing 30 times a minute through your mouth. Maybe a virus.

In daily life, we never pay attention to our breathing , and we breathe well. Now, in order to initiating qi / settling our mind ,we are told to pay attention to our breathing to an extent that it becomes such an important issue that neither our mind is settled , nor natural breathing got , not to speak of initiating qi ...

Both initiating qi and settling your mind is like chasing after your girlfriend: never can you get her if you are too eager ...

Edited by exorcist_1699

In daily life, we never pay attention to our breathing , and we breathe well. Now, in order to initiating qi / settling our mind ,we are told to pay attention to our breathing to an extent that it becomes such an important issue that neither our mind is settled , nor natural breathing got , not to speak of initiating qi ...

Both initiating qi and settling your mind is like chasing after your girlfriend: never can you get her if you are too eager ...

This is very much not true. daily, mots people breathe like crap. We breath inefficiently and shallowly with our lungs. The reason in the beginning you are taught to pay attention to your breath is to breathe from your diaphragm, which leads to better breathing and more calm. After you breathe well naturally, you move on to other things. It is but the first step on a long road.

This is very much not true. daily, mots people breathe like crap. We breath inefficiently and shallowly with our lungs. The reason in the beginning you are taught to pay attention to your breath is to breathe from your diaphragm, which leads to better breathing and more calm. After you breathe well naturally, you move on to other things. It is but the first step on a long road.

Exorcist is probably not speaking to beginners but those who are ready to transcend the neurosis of the mind to need something to hold on to.

I was told vacationing in the Carribean was expensive, but it wasn't until I got off the plane and near a dive shop where I saw a sign that said, AIR $35 that I really appreciated how expensive it was there.

M.

Exorcist, I agree. Breathing is actually a very complex practice if you want to do it right, and it's not as simple as extending the breaths and using your diaphragm.

"Some people talk of breathing but I tell you that if you control your breathing then it will never become real ( natural ) when you eat it is the same breathing. You do not have to remember to stop breathing to drink from a cup. Breath is the life force of the body I have heard some people refer to it as the power of their technique if so I am very pleased for them ! If they ever have to fight for three hours it would be nice to see them controlling how they use the air. Too much air will blur the eyes and mind so take care." -Toshitsugu Takamatsu on breathing

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

Depending on the exercise will depend on the breathing skills!

There is intent and no intent with breathing and both have important meanings and understanding of Qi development.

Depending on the exercise will depend on the breathing skills!

Oddly enough, you really don't think about something as involuntary as breathing until you're told that you need to do it differently to achieve a certain goal.

For example: the proper way to breathe to achieve meditative state, to balance one's Chi, focus one's intent for magickal workings, raise energy or even to give birth (another basic bodily function we take for granted)

Mal, Monk or anyone else interested...can you post some breathing exercises on list for meditating, balance and energy? I have some I use that work for me from when I practiced Tai Chi but am always interested in learning more.

Thanks,

Snakecharmer

Guest sykkelpump

Oddly enough, you really don't think about something as involuntary as breathing until you're told that you need to do it differently to achieve a certain goal.

For example: the proper way to breathe to achieve meditative state, to balance one's Chi, focus one's intent for magickal workings, raise energy or even to give birth (another basic bodily function we take for granted)

Mal, Monk or anyone else interested...can you post some breathing exercises on list for meditating, balance and energy? I have some I use that work for me from when I practiced Tai Chi but am always interested in learning more.

Thanks,

Snakecharmer

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/anapanasati.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmeP8gZtrQ

Mal,

The secrets to everything is about breathing especially in martial arts, fitness, strength, magic, the breath is the secret to all.

Ape

If we want to initiate qi, then we pay attention to our dantian, not our breathing .

If we want to settle our mind, then paying attention to our breathing is one of the ways. However,

once our mind is slightly settled, we release it , never can it become any kinds of difficult problem.

In the arena of Tao, things appear different from our ordinary life . It is always after we release it then we grasp it ; we forget it and it comes to us...

Edited by exorcist_1699