Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

Doctors make me so angry.

I dont like feeling this angry, but I do and have no where else to talk about it. Doctors are so respected in my culture (uk) people assume that doctors know everything. Their word seems akin to the word of God. Doctors encourage this by completely removing the words 'I don't know' from their vocabulary. However, they lack the most basic common sense. My local hospital has a burger king and kfc in their entrance hall, and when I go in, it is not unusual to see people with intravenous drips tucking in to a big mac. The interior of the buildings themselves are THE MOST ugly buildings I have seen (worse even than airports). There is no fresh air. The way these 'health care' (I use the term with sarcastic irony) professionals talk to you is robotic and devoid of humanity. THE ONLY way a GP will help care for your 'health' is by prescribing drugs. They will happily prescribe antibiotics for common colds, but laugh at the idea of giving dietry advice. Many of them are genuinely well meaning, but it boggles my mind, how many of them are so uninformed considering that they have dedicated their lives to 'health'. The third largest killer (behind cancer and heart disease) is side effects from CORRECTLY prescribed drugs. When you include incorrectly administered etc... Modern medicine is the largest killer in the uk (and usa). I realise that this is becoming a very long post, so I will stop here and see what replys I get. :-) ...the basic point is it makes me SO SAD when I see my friends and family drawn in and deceived by these idiots, when there are so many better ways... and I dont know what to do about it. Please help.

Tell your family and friends to get some healing in this kind of environment, the real hospitals of Gaia:

670788753502.jpg

714719790329.jpg

790270862659.jpg

Hospitals will worsen a deteriorated health.

Hospitals will worsen a deteriorated health.

Blatantly they will!!! ...and I wish I could shout that from the rooftops, its just that I dont want to be that negative -after all, there are people who work in hospitals who do genuinely care, and hospitals can be good for some things ie surgery. I just feel helpless, because if I suggest to people 'take a walk in nature. Eat something fresh. Drink some water. Do some exercise (or qigong). Meditate etc'. I may as well be talking to a brick wall. And incase your wondering about it, I am not a zealot who goes around telling people what lifestyle they should have, but when someone complains of a headache after staying in all day staring at a computer, and asks if a have a painkiller. I say no. Have an orange. Have a glass of water, and have a stroll in the park, . Then I get looked at like I am a new age nutcase spouting taoist superstition. ITS JUST A CASE OF COMMON SENSE. HEALTH DOES NOT COME IN A PILL. WHY AM I SO MAD FOR THINKING THIS??? HOW CAN I GET ANYONE CLOSE TO ME TO SEE SENSE????

By the way those are beautiful pictures Durkhrod Thanks :)

I've been through some pretty bad experiences when I was younger because I blindly put my faith in my parents and family doctor. Not to say they didn't care, I know they did! Fortunately I came to the realization that I have to listen to my body and not to take what people that are older then me as absolute. It's really hard when you're brought up to rely so heavily on your parents!

I do get a little upset but I don't really get angry with the hospitals and doctors. I'm pretty healthy I eat extremely healthy, take vitamins, don't smoke, don't drink, don't take illegal drugs, and occasionally work out (I should definitely work out more!). So I hardly ever go to the doctor, I'll actually be going soon though to talk about some really bad GURD (Acid Reflux) I've been having but the last time I was there was for a check up at least a year ago.

On the other hand I get extremely pissed at my parents because I really care about them and they can't break their cycle of bad habits. My mom is 50, smokes at least 2 1/2 packs a day, eats like crap, doesn't sleep much, drinks a ton of coffee, and doesn't exercise. I don't know if I'm leaving anything out but she's in really crappy shape! I try and get her to workout with me, I offer her some of my healthy vegetarian meals, I use to constantly yell at her about her smoking (I figured out it does neither of us any good).

My dad is just as bad! He's at least 30lbs overweight (I'm sure more), doesn't exercise, eats like crap, he runs a business so he has tons of stress, and even though he takes blood pressure medication his blood pressure is still high. The only good thing about my dad is that he's willing to try, it's just hard for him to stay on track. I can occupationally get him to work out with me and for a while i got him to eat egg white omelets. Just an example of how bad his health is: when we go to the gym he can only do a maximum of 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill before he starts to have chest pains from his blood pressure shooting up :(

I haven't lost hope and will do my best to get them into shape!

Also I completely agree "health doesn't come in a pill"! I think people should try and treat the cause and not the symptoms.

Cause: I'm fat and my blood pressure is high

Solution: lose weight, eat healthy, exercise

Stupid solution: take a pill, become fatter, feel like crap

I know for a fact it's extremely hard to change your lifestyle, one of the hardest things for me was to quit smoking about 8 years ago but because I didn't want to feel like shit anymore I knew it had to be done.

Edited by EagerMind

I dont like feeling this angry, but I do and have no where else to talk about it. Doctors are so respected in my culture (uk) people assume that doctors know everything. Their word seems akin to the word of God. Doctors encourage this by completely removing the words 'I don't know' from their vocabulary. However, they lack the most basic common sense. My local hospital has a burger king and kfc in their entrance hall, and when I go in, it is not unusual to see people with intravenous drips tucking in to a big mac. The interior of the buildings themselves are THE MOST ugly buildings I have seen (worse even than airports). There is no fresh air. The way these 'health care' (I use the term with sarcastic irony) professionals talk to you is robotic and devoid of humanity. THE ONLY way a GP will help care for your 'health' is by prescribing drugs. They will happily prescribe antibiotics for common colds, but laugh at the idea of giving dietry advice. Many of them are genuinely well meaning, but it boggles my mind, how many of them are so uninformed considering that they have dedicated their lives to 'health'. The third largest killer (behind cancer and heart disease) is side effects from CORRECTLY prescribed drugs. When you include incorrectly administered etc... Modern medicine is the largest killer in the uk (and usa). I realise that this is becoming a very long post, so I will stop here and see what replys I get. :-) ...the basic point is it makes me SO SAD when I see my friends and family drawn in and deceived by these idiots, when there are so many better ways... and I dont know what to do about it. Please help.

While I personally believe much of what you say is true, I suggest you also look on the other side of the coin. I have a large number of physicians that take my qigong workshops and I have also done healing work on a very large number of their (the doctor's) patients.

What most natural health people do not seem to realize is that we, and yes I mean all of us, has created a system where the doctors are constrained by something called "standard of care". If they deviate from this, the system WE created individual US will sue the doctors for all they are worth. An example, for instance: A mother brings her small child that is running fever and is demonstrating signs of infection. Say the doctor knows medical qigong and natural medicine and does an energy treatment on the child and gives the child echinacea and gan mao ling instead of an antibiotic. But said child ends up dying because it was actually a tick induced illness and the child has rocky mountain spotted fever. OUR created system would encourage said mother to sue the well-meaning doctor for millions and would probably win such a suit. The physicians HAVE to practice "standard of care" because of the system.

WE are the only ones that can, through a consciousness shift, help change the system But I can personally guarantee you that the antibiotics are needed for many situations.

Tell your family and friends to get some healing in this kind of environment, the real hospitals of Gaia:

670788753502.jpg

714719790329.jpg

790270862659.jpg

Where were these taken? I immediate wanted to go there and get some of THAT healing!

There are a great number of things that modern medical methods do very well and many doctors are intelligent, compassionate, and well meaning individuals.

There are also a great number of things that modern medicine is not good for and too many doctors are greedy, narrow minded, and not sensible enough.

Patients and doctors alike have unrealistic expectations of what medicines and surgery can and should accomplish.

People lead extremely unhealthy lifestyles, in large part due to a toxic environment, and then expect doctors to put other toxins into their system or surgically alter them to make them healthier. It makes no sense whatsoever. Unfortunately this is the societal and cultural mindset prevalent in Western nations - it is not the sole responsibility of the doctors working within the society. Doctors are products of their conditioning (culture, education,...). We need to change their conditioning to expect them to change for the better.

Doctors do not put fast food chains in hospital entrances - hospital boards and real estate developers do that. I'd like to think that the doctors that work there would not be happy about that. I respect and value the criticism leveled at doctors (I'm one) but please don't blame all of the problems of an enormously corrupt and dysfunctional health care system and society on the physicians trying their best (most of them) to do what they can within the fucked up system.

Xueshang and Ya Mu. It is true that antibiotics are genuinely the best thing to do in many many many situations. Just as regular exercise is also sometimes the best thing to do. Western Medical science is AMAZING. I myself have been saved in the past by doctors. No amount of 'chi' would have made a difference. However, it does have limitations... and where I live this is simply not acknowledged. I don't know what attitudes are like in the US of A, but the impression I get is that it is much the same. I also think the medical establishment have their ethics twisted. Here in the UK a nurse was in the news last week. She lost her job for offering to pray for an elderly and sickly patient (who was also a christian). There was an outcry and she got her job back thankfully. A doctor wont hesitate to medically examine a strangers genitals, but if a nurse gives a loving and caring hug to a suffering child eyebrows raise because it could be 'innapropriate'. Drugs work and are the best course of action for many things. But they are not everything.

...oh and the drug culture surrounding psychological disorders is crazy. As I have said, sometimes it helps... but usually there are many other better courses of action. My mother was prescribed prozak for depression after her mother died. Things like how much exercise she was taking weren't even discussed. Talk therapy and discussing what support her family can give her was not even discussed... just "you're unhappy. Ok here're some drugs. Appart from the fact that feeling depressed after your mother dies is normal and not pathological, this is crazy.

Doctors do not put fast food chains in hospital entrances - hospital boards and real estate developers do that. I'd like to think that the doctors that work there would not be happy about that. I respect and value the criticism leveled at doctors (I'm one) but please don't blame all of the problems of an enormously corrupt and dysfunctional health care system and society on the physicians trying their best (most of them) to do what they can within the fucked up system.

Absolutely. I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant. It is the system that I am annoyed at... doctors as a group, not as individuals. Two of my closest relatives are doctors and they are lovely.

Where were these taken? I immediate wanted to go there and get some of THAT healing!

In your backyard. ;)

No 1: Mount Owen and the Grand Teton

No 2 : Sherwin Range, Sierra Nevada

No 3: Coquihalla Region of the North Cascades, B.C. Canada

The best moments in life come after effort and let me tell you it takes a lot of walk to get there. But the gratification is instant and leaves a lifelong imprint in your spirit.

Nature has got some many gifts to offer, and you know what? They are all free. :)

"Civilization" on the other hand: everything has a price tag on it. :(

Time to go.

Good luck.

I have not been to a doctor nor dentist in 15 years... My mom paid for a "check-up" for my 40th birthday, I went to make her happy -since my birthday was her laborday... :D ...

But, I've not been back to any Doc since. A good friend just had two opinions from 2 doctors ... They gave him two completly different and contridictory procedures for an infected toe... One HAD TO operate the other just drained it...

I know i will eventually become sick and die, I'll be damned if I waste any time worry or money chasing age beyond what I can maintain on my own...If things get bad in terms of decrepitude - I'll just take a swim into the ocean and be happy if I'm eaten up by fishies- tho I'd rather drown than be eaten alive -I do hope to become food in the end...

Doctors lawyers and politicians can kiss my - BUM! B)

A good friend just had two opinions from 2 doctors ... They gave him two completly different and contridictory procedures for an infected toe... One HAD TO operate the other just drained it...

This sort of thing is far too common. All doctors are human beings and some are simply better than others, but the whole establishment is getting ridiculously out of whack.

Brings to mind Victoria Boutenko ("12 Steps to Raw Foods"). She had a daughter who couldn't run without coughing, a diabetic 9yo son about to go on insulin, and a husband who was told it would be wheelchairs for him until death. On herself, the doctors simply said, start praying.

Four months later, all four of them ran a 10k, no doctors at all, just a diet switch.

Most of the more serious practitioners on the ttb forums are probably looking at diet, probably doing qigong or yoga, probably meditating, probably exercising enough. Some may even be into herbs, self-knowledge, homeopathy, seminal retention, acupuncture or other good healing things. Most of them don't work according to the medicos, but when you feel this healthy you can only laugh.

My friend Simon wrote a great book in the 80s on how to cure AIDS with nutrition, and now edits a leading trade-only alt med mag. You should hear him talk about the FDA. The big pharma drugs that get through to mainstream surgeries are often getting through on flimsy evidence with a whiff of the tainted about it, whilst very good methods are not able to get official testing at all -- or they get it with weird impossibilities attached.

It adds up to: people who don't look into it all themselves may never hear about something that would save their lives. And it could be something incredibly simple.

This conversation also joins neatly onto the food- and energy-shortage one. Big pharma needs oil and is energy intensive. That means it's not going to adapt too well to future conditions. Traditional methods work whether your civilization has just won a fossil fuel jackpot, or has already blown it all and is starting to argue about whose fault it is. :lol:

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~

Hi,

Strive to attain the highest level. Never give up, never.

A peaceful physical death is a wonderful way of dying.

1. Ramana Maharsi

Many thanks for yr kind thoughts!

But why would I ever give up? Did something seem to indicate a lack of will to live on my part? That is far from the actuallity... :P

I have a huge store of love for life within me yet...I turn 55 in a few weeks and am still in pretty good shape. Recently I moved many of my belongings from a room in Atlantic City to a room in Plainsboro. They weighed about 90 lbs and I carried them with only slight loss of breath for a few hundred yards at a time as I moved from train to train to bus, etc...I playfully asked a few much younger friends to lift the largest back-pack for me and they could barely get it up to their chests. My inner reserves of chi have only grown thru the years. With some lasting attempts to transform that energy to shen, my eternal spirit is thriving as the center of my consciousness... watching my "monkey mind" as it wanders (with joy) thru my days... When I die I will be excited to move on and hope to leave my few loved- ones with joyful memories and the knowledge that my life had been very full...

As I've written here before most of those whom I have loved deeply have preceded me into the next realm. I look forward to regaining relationships with them, that are on equal footing! I aim to play some esoteric melodies with Jimi Hendrix and my old friend Buddy Miles in the celestial orchestra!!! B)

Please worry not for my efforts to remain commited to transcendence and spiritual growth! :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this