Machin Shin

Sith Alchemy

The Sith rule of two

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."

Is there a hidden rule of three?

The Sith rule of two

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."

Is there a hidden rule of three?

I dont understand what you are talking about.

Could you possibly elaborate on the nature of your question?

^_^

The Sith rule of two

Perhaps that is why the Sith are a bit unbalanced :P

A path that lends itself to facial deformities must surly be a warning sign

sw_funko_emperor.jpg

darth%20maul%20mini%20bust%20%20GG.jpg

star-wars-darth-vader-sense-1.jpg

If you want to know the ins and outs of the sith, go to the Star Wars wiki (it's called wookieepedia or something, google search should turn it up right quick).

The whole reason the "rule of two" was initiated was because the sith had declined. A large number of "sith lords" and "sith apprentices" meant it turned into politics, in fighting, and overall distracting people from the path (that of gaining true power!!!)

So pretty much one of the sith lords, after all the other sith died out, set it up so one sith would have ALL the power, and would teach an apprentice. That apprentice would later get ALL the power, and would kill the sith master. Then that apprentice would become the ONE sith lord, and get another apprentice.

The other factor in this was to keep the sith hidden, as the Jedi thought all the sith had died out (the star wars wiki explains why, as there was a huge battle on the sith base planet, and this force bomb went off, that killed everyone, even jedi, who could use the force, but a couple sith were off world at the time or something)

Now, a few downsides. If one of the sith apprentices killed the master before gaining a full transmission of sith awesomeness, you have a lot of sith awesomeness that was lost. Palpatine killed his master (the one who was immortal, references him in episode III) while the master was asleep. Sure, Palpatine became the "new sith lord", but the immortality secrets of his master were lost (he was immortal but still needed to sleep).

Also, a lot of apprentices had apprentices of their own on the side. Palpatine, for example, began training Darth Maul long before he had killed off his own master. Heck, Palpatine had tons of apprentices off on the side, he just wanted pawns to use. Later on, when the Sith ruled the Galaxy through the empire, they used tons of force sensitive people as secret agents and assassins. Sure, they weren't "officially" Sith, but they were using the force and Sith powers and all that good stuff.

(a lot of this stuff is in the comics and the expanded universe, not from the movies, so yeah.... I know it because I've spent a lot of time on the Star Wars wiki :P)

SO how this all ties in to cultivation.... hmm well, some teachers only teach one or two students and pass the lineage on. For some schools that's gone on for a long time, and still does, with others its changing. For better or for worse, who knows. In a world where information has become a lot more open, schools like that are.... still unique, and opinions on that method of transfer differ. So... yeah, don't now about "hidden meaning" in terms of numerology or anything, if that's what you were getting at with the hidden meaning question.

Singing is a activity of those that want to live in the light. I'm too busy following my passions to be bothered by singing.

Thank you to those that answered this question.

In reality it kinda seems that the whole paradigm was a spotlight on selfishness and the destruction and eventual self defeating nature of selfishness.

Interesting

'cuz in my tie fighter zig zags stay lit ;)

yH8b5ruc_-E

Edited by joeblast

lol...my brother bought that robot chicken DVD, and every single funny part you can find on youtube, the rest of it sucks :lol:

I still find These Eposides funny!

I think that the key to unlocking the power lies with the janitor...

Man, I need to put in for that transfer to the inner system!

Edited by Machin Shin

lol...my brother bought that robot chicken DVD, and every single funny part you can find on youtube, the rest of it sucks :lol:

Idk I've seen some other funny ones...

I think they might be getting better at making these Robot Chicken shows.

The Jedi cultivate detachment, however the Sith cultivate ecstatic passion.

In order to keep the passion level up they kill something they love, their unintentionally or intentionally.

Like Yin and Yang there are always two sides to the story... Two sides to everything...

In the end do you think its right to kill anything, no matter what the reason.

I personally don't!

Do you think there is any justification in killing another and if so why.

Don't have to post your answer just think about it to yourself. (If you wish to learn... post why you think your right. Just a Intellectual type of discussion... no one will be considered to be right or wrong its the conclusion you drawy from the discussion)

My counter disagreement if you believe their is justification then you would have to be impure to kill another or knock down someones cultivation.

I personally don't want to be impure in any way... and willing to work towards that until i've reached full perfection in that area.

Are we not all alive by feeding on other life forms? Plants and animals? Observe the Jain practices in India. They wear masks to keep from killing insects and sweep with brooms to clear their path of small insects. Yet, with their feet still crush life forms that are not visible to the eye. All this is done in the name of purity and doing no harm. We all live in a cycle of life and death, whether we like it or not.

ralis

Like Yin and Yang there are always two sides to the story... Two sides to everything...

In the end do you think its right to kill anything, no matter what the reason.

Do you think there is any justification in killing another and if so why.

Don't have to post your answer just think about it to yourself. (If you wish to learn... post why you think your right. Just a Intellectual type of discussion... no one will be considered to be right or wrong its the conclusion you drawy from the discussion)

My counter disagreement if you believe their is justification then you would have to be impure to kill another or knock down someones cultivation.

I personally don't want to be impure in any way... and willing to work towards that until i've reached full perfection in that area.

From a cultivation standpoint, killing is wrong. Taking steps back and looking at the person, looking at their life, truly understanding the why, sure, killing is wrong.

But.... from the standpoint of a martial artist, from the standpoint of a person, as selfish as that might be, if someone comes and threatens my life, or perhaps more importantly endangers someone else, or endangers the lives of someone close to me, I am going to take it to them. If they are threatening to seriously injure or kill me/someone else, well, that tells me how serious they are and so dictates how serious I must be to defend myself.

As nice as I'd like to be, if I just push them away or dissipate their attack in some tai chi for aikido type "be the nice guy philosophy", who's to say they won't immediately come back, with a weapon, with friends, etc. As much as I'd like to be the enlightened Bodhisattva and have endless compassion for all beings and not kill someone else, if someone is threatening my life or the lives of others, I am going to take any chance I have and give it to them.

You can argue "right" and "wrong" all you want.... sure, perhaps on the level of pure spiritual cultivation.... you shouldn't do it. But you can say you have a reason for killing, if you did. That's pretty much one of the few situations in which I'd say killing is justified.... not necessarily "right", but at least justified.

But here's another question: let's say someone is threatening to kill someone you love, then says they will kill you afterward, you have a chance to stop the future murderer. You can be all cultivation like and be like, "I shall not kill you." You'd have that first victim hear you say that, then they'd die. You'd watch them die, and know you couldn't do anything. Then you'd be dead yourself, so it's not like you'd be able to repent or anything like that....

I'm not trying to be a jerk, or offer some morally paradoxical never-gonna-happen scenario to test the limits of your claim that you wouldn't kill..... that's just how I see it. That's one of the questions I asked myself, and my answer was, yes, I'd kill the person threatening me and that other person. Well, first I'd try seriously maiming/crippling them, so they'd technically be alive.... but for the purposes of the scenario, yes, I'd kill.

Again, the purely Bodhisattva supreme cultivated master guru or whatever may not kill in any circumstance.... But you would be the indirect cause of the death of another person.... are you willing to accept that? I am willing to defend myself and others if I need to, and that's that.

lol! funny I wasnt condoning killing of course, everything has its appointed time. Even War like in the Gita.

So although I agree killing has its place, I am sure there is not a person here that agrees that righteous action is more important.

I was merely expanding upon the passionate nature of the sith, and how they through attachment and forced detachment through ritualistic destruction of things they like weather it be their favorite lightsaber and such played a part in their passionate nature of what seemsed to be closley resembling shamanic ecstacy.

I am sure human kind will continue to argue the ethics of killing even when it comes to human beings on into the future, however the fact remains that weather we die or not we still come back to learn things we cannot in the spirit world.

A persons level and cultivation is not determined by their goodness, it depends upon their vibration level and the purity of their "form" within "formlessness". Meaning reduction of energy blockages. It is well known that even evil daoist still consort with benevolent beings without hinderance. Merely a fact, not a path I have chosen to take.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Well...

There is a time and a place for killing... although it is ultimately the last choice you should choose and at the same time only when your life is in danger. Danger doesn't mean when you feel scared or something but when your life is on the line.

Weather your Sith or not.