Sign in to follow this  
dao zhen

You Tube Question

sorry Tao Bums....

off topic question, but I am sure someone knows the answer...

i am planing to post some various youtube videos online with some basic exercises, practice, etc....

so far i posted a set of 2, and now it shows the title in the youtube screen now....

before there was no title in the window screen....

see film below, with the white title thing....

any idea how to take these off when i post youtube video?

sorry, not very good with such things....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98e4PGD-M8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98e4PGD-M8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98e4PGD-M8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guest sykkelpump

Why is the is the form moving so fast at times?

looks like a demonstration or something,not like effective qi gong

It is a method of Dao Yin.

As such it is mostly designed to lengthen the tendon network, stretch the large and small muscle fibers, open the space in the joints, lengthen the spine, and also work on regulation of breath, build some endurance, and also calmness of mind.

There is some small aspect of this set that will naturally cause circulation of Qi in the channels due to the patterns of movement and stretching, and also some awareness and contact is begun with the Lower Dantian area.

The second set of 24 movements (not shown) is much more demanding, and generally most people do not have the endurance, flexibilty, or physical stamina to learn and perform it.

Both this set of 12, and the 24 set are a basic and foundation exercise.

Of course there can be some aspect of Qi cultivation gained - but very basic -

Such methods can be a good place to start and lay a foundation for further advanced practices.

Many schools start students off with physical methods first before working on more advanced energetic practices - such as Seated Internal Alchemy, etc...

Different schools have different ways to begin the students on the path of energetic cultivation.

Some schools in the Taoist traditions will have the students do physical work to build stamina, endurance, flexibilty, and also change the tendon network as a first step in the process....

Usually at this stage, a special diet is taken, and often times herbs are given to detoxify the system, or to build up weakness that is present in the organ system, etc...

Why is the is the form moving so fast at times?

looks like a demonstration or something,not like effective qi gong

Thank you........

(((bow)))

Sign in to follow this