Sign in to follow this  
ben

G'day

Hello, I have been plundering the Tao Bums for wisdom for a while now so I guess it's time I gave something back. My name is Ben.Ringer and I am 24 years old. I was living in Australia but have recently moved to Brighton U.K. where I am enjoying the partying and the seagulls.

I have had a passion for religion, mysticism,the occult, martial arts,dance etc since I was a wee lad and currently I am enjoying playing with Taoist alchemy, Wu style Tai chi and 'spontaneous practice'.

I feel forums like this are important as they address the need for spirtual friendship . Sometimes I have felt like my interest in cultivation has isolated me from my family and my friends, partly because of there ignorance and partly because of a lack of skill on on my half on how to intergrate my practice smoothly. It is soo-oo important to chat. Chow 4 now , Ben.

Another Aussie, welcome!

I have a goal to visit the motherland(Australia) for a few months after I get my MBA in a couple years(hopefully).

get some fish'n chips in Sydney harbor and then drive into the outback! Or the Great Barrier Reef if I get real adventurous.

G'day!

Cool. If you come over visit Noosa Heads, it's a beautifull beach town north of Brisbane. Now I feel home sick, bye.

I feel forums like this are important as they address  the need for spirtual friendship . Sometimes I have felt like my interest in cultivation has isolated me from my family and my friends, partly because of there ignorance and partly because of a lack of skill on on my half on how to intergrate my practice smoothly. It is soo-oo important to chat.

That's a big topic, that the community hasn't really talked about much. I know that, for me, social integration has definately been a challenge w/ my spiritual path.

I feel forums like this are important as they address  the need for spirtual friendship . Sometimes I have felt like my interest in cultivation has isolated me from my family and my friends, partly because of there ignorance and partly because of a lack of skill on on my half on how to intergrate my practice smoothly. It is soo-oo important to chat.

7180[/snapback]

Yeah, this is a big one for me too.

Hey, welcome aboard Ben. Just curious, what kind of dance were you into? I've dabbled in breakdancing and also took balllet for a bit. (Don't laugh :lol:).

Sean.

Sorry that I take a long time to reply, I do not have access to a computer at the moment. Sean the dance styles I have studied are salsa, contemporary (lots of pretending to be a tree!) and a little bit of Jazz. I came to dance late after having team sports shoved down my throat in school. The best thing about dancing is that it is a great way to meet girls ,though I have embarrassed myself plenty of times.

I think balet is beutifull to watch, I recall a T.V. documentry which said that balet dances sustain more injuries than football players. I know from my own experience that dance plays havoc with the knees.

ahh i have only a 2 mins remaining chow 4 now

Sign in to follow this