bakeneko

Six Yogas of Naropa (or should it be Tilopa?)

Some while ago, I learned a (for me at least) really interesting and easy method for activating the middle channel from a German tantric practicioner.

This got me more interested in these things, even though my main focus was always more on Daoism.

So now I look for some good and reliable information about the six Yogas - websites, documents, books.

I am aware the real secrets will not float around the net, but I am looking just for information and general descriptions now anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

Some while ago, I learned a (for me at least) really interesting and easy method for activating the middle channel from a German tantric practicioner.

This got me more interested in these things, even though my main focus was always more on Daoism.

So now I look for some good and reliable information about the six Yogas - websites, documents, books.

I am aware the real secrets will not float around the net, but I am looking just for information and general descriptions now anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

[

How does one easily open the central channel?

ralis

.. about the six Yogas - websites, documents, books.

Book

51SHEJ1AD2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

On this webpage, the links listed under the "Core Vessel".

Interested in feedback.

Trunk

@ralis: Basically the method I learned consists of a meditation mixing visualisation and transformation of the sexual energy. Surprisingly (or not surprisingly) it is in line with what I read earlier from Alexandra David-Neel about tumo: She puts it in 2 pieces; one being a story of a yogi being cut by his wife and sperm coming out of the wound, and second that tumo focuses around imagining the central channel as a fine nerve which expands and then contracts.

I am not a native English speaker, but maybe I can later put the basic method that I learned in the English language (I guess not everyone here speaks German lol)

@Trunk: Damn, I know your website, but kinda looked over this.

Btw: Since this is a genuine commentary, how big is the actual practical value?

Small practical feedback I can give about the method mentioned above is: a hightened vitality, a slightly younger/fresher look (despite a **** load of stress) and a warm feeling every time I get to the stomach/dan tian (and my practice is far form being perfect).

The last I take as a confirmatory sign... the others as nice side effects (confirmatory too). The person I got it from claims it would lead to siddhi in the long run.

@sykkelpump: Thanks!

And a further edit: As a proof for my rather mediocre English I used "easy", when "simple" is actually the more appropiate word.

Edited by bakeneko

@ralis: Basically the method I learned consists of a meditation mixing visualisation and transformation of the sexual energy. Surprisingly (or not surprisingly) it is in line with what I read earlier from Alexandra David-Neel about tumo: She puts it in 2 pieces; one being a story of a yogi being cut by his wife and sperm coming out of the wound, and second that tumo focuses around imagining the central channel as a fine nerve which expands and then contracts.

I am not a native English speaker, but maybe I can later put the basic method that I learned in the English language (I guess not everyone here speaks German lol)

@Trunk: Damn, I know your website, but kinda looked over this.

Btw: Since this is a genuine commentary, how big is the actual practical value?

Small practical feedback I can give about the method mentioned above is: a hightened vitality, a slightly younger/fresher look (despite a **** load of stress) and a warm feeling every time I get to the stomach/dan tian (and my practice is far form being perfect).

The last I take as a confirmatory sign... the others as nice side effects (confirmatory too). The person I got it from claims it would lead to siddhi in the long run.

@sykkelpump: Thanks!

And a further edit: As a proof for my rather mediocre English I used "easy", when "simple" is actually the more appropiate word.

Why not put it in English and German, that way I can translate it on line.

Thanks for the input

ralis

Actually, writing the same in 2 structurally different languages is a bit more work than I want to bring on myself now :P

Especially, when I just give something away.

So here is the basic technique in English (and for guys):

1.) Get into a position suitable for meditation - sitting or standing, the spine should be straight except the normal S- shape.

2.) The central channel runs for men from the tip of the penis to the perineum and from there in front of the spine upwards to the crown point of the skull. Imagine and feel the channel as a small hose with a size ranging form a hair up to the size of the small finger. The inside of the channel is black and void. In the beginning a smaller size is preferable.

3.) Concentrate on the sexual centers. Visualize the sexual energy as a shining white liquid. It fills the testes and the penis. Then slowly goes up front the perineum point, rising steadily to the crown. Once the whole channel is filled the energy exits the crown point and is supposed to go into the brain and then down the rest of the body. If any problems occur here because there is too much in the brain I would suggest to bring it into the MCO ( but that are no news).

Can be combined with breathing too, but here are only the basics.

Further note and CAVEAT: It is supposed to be done about 30 minutes to 1 hour daily. I would be careful, because when you do it right your sexual energy will most likely actually rise up (careful wording, I know). I still prefer it to the rise in the spine as there do not seem to be the side-effects on ones sexual life as indicated in the SOGF thread. Still: Do not do this when you plan to make kids the very next day.

Also: This technique does not take into account any Daoist theory about aroused and unaroused or hot and cold energies. Potential problems in relation to this can arise.

Edited by bakeneko