neimad

love

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of

your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the

same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each

one of you be alone.

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they

quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each

other's shadow.

- Kahlil Gibran

this poem i came across the other day. it planted a seed in me... an idea... a feeling that came to fruition last night.

i want to become love. i want to love everyone and everything equally. for are we all not just different manifestations of the same universal force? which is love?

can we have love without pain? love without attachment? can we love freely and experience it in a myriad of ways? love unconditionally and experience it in it's fullest, in it's purity. can we do this with different people? can we move through life loving and loving again and never stop loving? without the destruction that 'break-ups' cause (having just gone through one myself).

what do you do to cultivate unconditional love? love for all.......

love from neimad.

i love you all!

• Like 1

Love is nice .but I am not down with that love everyone unconditionally crap. I am a warrior and if you cross me I will cross you back. Obviously if we were all on the vibration no problem it's all good but the reality is there are quite a few unloving, fucked up people in this world. You have to be balanced about love like everything else.

in my opinion the ancient Taoists saw the value in love but didnt' push the whole you have to love everyone silly vibe. They were more realistic and pragmatic.

But if you are really at that level props!

Also..

In his book Honoring the Medicine Ken Cohen has this great story about how his teacher tested him by sending all this negative energy at him and Cohen responded by sending love back. So I definetly agree this is probably the higher level to be on. He basically says if you send more negative chi in response to the negative chi attacking you you actually make the sorceror or whoever stronger.

So, from this perspective, you should actully love everyone even your enemies . Didn't Jesus talk about this?

No, I am not at that level but defiently a nice goal to have.

Love is nice .but I am not down with that love everyone unconditionally crap. I am a warrior and if you cross me I will cross you back. Obviously if we were all on the vibration no problem it's all good but the reality is there are quite a few unloving, fucked up people in this world. You have to be balanced about love like everything else.

in my opinion the ancient Taoists saw the value in love but didnt' push the whole you have to love everyone silly vibe. They were more realistic and pragmatic.

But if you are really at that level props!

7165[/snapback]

im a warrior too.

unconditional love... to me is not the same airy-fairy kind of feeling we normally associate with love. that is just biochemical, which is why there is so much pain associated with a break-up because it is a withdrawl symptom because you no longer get the same mix of chemical hormones that the person you supposedly loved let you release.

this kind of love is just love. it doesn't mean you let people fuck you over. it doesn't mean you condone every persons behaviour. it doesn't mean anything other than you are filled with love.

no i'm not on that level.... but i realised i would like to be. wouldn't it be nice to have nothing but pure love flowing through you? could anything ever go wrong again in your life if all you did was love?

Yes, that is a nice goal. And I will try my best to remember what you have said next time I want to violently hurt people(kidding).

My Mom is a fellow Aussie like yourself and she is one of the most loving people I know. but that is just her naturual personality. My natural personality is probably to be an a-hol but cultivation methods have helped me become a more loving person :)

Have you checked out Fusion? You basically neutralize negative qi/emotions and then turn it back into unconditional love or what Winn(and I) prefer to call unconditional acceptance.

anyway, I think all these practices are oriented in that direction at a higher level.

Most strongly would be in the greatest kan and li(Atleast from what I understand) Where you basically learn to merge your heart with the Sun and get to this divine love stage.

Or primordial qigong also for that matter has the same goal I think in a movement form.

This is a deep question no doubt about it. Something I have thought about ALOT.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of

your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the

same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each

one of you be alone.

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they

quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each

other's shadow.

- Kahlil Gibran

Thank you neimad for that nice poem! It came directly at the right moment! :)

In his book Honoring the Medicine Ken Cohen has this great story about how his teacher tested him by sending all this negative energy at him and Cohen responded by sending love back. So I definetly agree this is probably the higher level to be on. He basically says if you send more negative chi in response to the negative chi attacking you you actually make the sorceror or whoever stronger.

Well, that's something I still have to learn - I'm at least trying. So, it's probably time to get really into Fusion. I'm really fed up with that snobbish and arrogant behaviour of not only but especially Scandinavian girls (sorry for the generalization; it's my monkey mind speaking) who really don't seem to appreciate a polite and honest advance. :angry: Good manners and good looks seem to be mutually exclusive! The coldness and darkness in winter are less worse than the obvious darkness of some hearts here! Or is there a connection? Still trying to understand :blink: and on the way to detachment ... :P

Thank you for that thread - to both of you!

Still in icy waters! ;)

I am quoting from Steven Harrison's book, Doing Nothing, here.

Love is not something that we do to one another. There is no object or subject in love.

Love is what is present when there is no object-subject, when there are not two.

This feeling of not being love is in fact the need for love, the need for a cessation of the

divided world in which our egos exist.

This cessation does not come about through someone loving us.

It does not come about by us loving another.

Love is not causal. It cannot be created, it cannot be practiced, it cannot be taught.

We can deeply inspect what we are, and in that we can see the structure of division which

is inherent to thought, memory, and ego. We can cease. We can be still.

Love, which is the very energy and expression of life, is whole. Thought cannot approach

this energy. Words cannot capture it.

This energy of wholeness cannot be used, or divided, or squandered.

It is us all, and all of us.

This is not the answer to our question, it is the question fallen silent.

What I understand from this is that love is. We do not recognize it because of all the energy we put into experiencing ourselves as separate. (Think for a moment how much time we spend judging, evaluating others. And think about how much energy that takes. Then simply cease that activity for a moment.) Harrison explains that this apparent division between self and other, subject and object, perceiver and perceived is the basic structure of thought, and that any attempt to get beyond this apparent division by using the source of that division (thought/mind) tends to reinforce apparent separation.

I believe the desire to love all is wonderful. And the experience that love preexists as the natural state of creation when we cease reinforcing the apparent separation in our lives is astonishing.

I just had a beautiful here at my home as a visitor... we spoke about a similar if not the same subject:

I think that we need to realize that while everybody seems to understand "hate" as hate" it is not the same with "love".

Ask the people you know and you will get different answers as what they understand "love" is...

Can we have live without attachment? Well. Actually I feel that the usual Hollywood-trained & minded people base there relationships on need and misinterprete it as love. Think about it: usually you realize that you love somebody (in the usual sense) the moment you miss him... but that in actuality is the sign for "need"...

I do agree that "real" love simply is there... it is a state of being, feeling & seeing things... without making any differences...

free yourself from your limitations and you will start feeling it showing up...

& guys: regarding the girls in Skandinavia:

you are lucky to have them as they let you grow!!! (I don't mean: grow old, but grow up)!!!

Harry sunshine

Can we have live without attachment? Well. Actually I feel that the usual Hollywood-trained & minded people base there relationships on need and misinterprete it as love. Think about it: usually you realize that you love somebody (in the usual sense) the moment you miss him... but that in actuality is the sign for "need"...

7186[/snapback]

yeah this is just biochemical addiction. it is the body responding to the absence of feel-good hormones that are released when said person is around.

it's a survival mechanism, i think, from birth to identify the mother.... all animals have it, but somehow it has transferred into relationships for us.

how nice it would be to move above being merely controlled by the biochemicals in your brain. then i think you can love deeply and freely without attachment, without need, without pain.

this is what meditation does, i think. you move from biochemical to low-radiation-impulse thought and then finally to a higher level thought which is pure electricity......

how nice it would be to move above being merely controlled by the biochemicals in your brain. then i think you can love deeply and freely without attachment, without need, without pain.

this is what meditation does, i think. you move from biochemical to low-radiation-impulse thought and then finally to a higher level thought which is pure electricity......

7189[/snapback]

Yes you do and the more you come from the low-radiation part and manage to get higher, the easier it is to stay up and develop further I believe :)

I think you can be a warrior and have love. I think you can even love your enemies if you see them as your wayward brothers or sisters. In fact I would say that a real warrior does not fight because he has anger or hatred or fear. He fights because he has love...

Having said that, I don't think you have to love everyone equally.

My aspiration is to learn to love unselfishly, to really have the other persons; best interest in mind instead of just my own ego (etc.) getting in the way.

I am quoting from Steven Harrison's book, Doing Nothing, here.

Love is not something that we do to one another. There is no object or subject in love.

Love is what is present when there is no object-subject, when there are not two.

This feeling of not being love is in fact the need for love, the need for a cessation of the

divided world in which our egos exist.

This cessation does not come about through someone loving us.

It does not come about by us loving another.

Love is not causal. It cannot be created, it cannot be practiced, it cannot be taught.

We can deeply inspect what we are, and in that we can see the structure of division which

is inherent to thought, memory, and ego. We can cease. We can be still.

Love, which is the very energy and expression of life, is whole. Thought cannot approach       

this energy. Words cannot capture it.

This energy of wholeness cannot be used, or divided, or squandered.

It is us all, and all of us.

This is not the answer to our question, it is the question fallen silent.

This is exactly what I've been taught elsewhere. And beautifully put. Especially the last line.