Sign in to follow this  
zanshin

Winter Blahs

I am tired of winter, being cold and being cooped up. Since I probably can't pull off staying in bed for the next month- any practices or suggestions to feel a little more energy and motivation?

I am tired of winter, being cold and being cooped up. Since I probably can't pull off staying in bed for the next month- any practices or suggestions to feel a little more energy and motivation?

Chi Kung. Practice standing meditation-zhan zhuang. That will give you plenty of energy. Also eat heaps of warming foods: stews, stir-fries, hot chicken & vegetables soup, add chilli to your meals, natural peanut butter, etc.

Good luck!

St. Johns wort in clinical trials has been shown more effective with prozac. Fish oil and b-vitamins also boost its effectiveness. lifting weights and chi kung sitting emptyness, standing emptyness, and active chi kung exercises will help you tremendously. If you haven't allready heard about spring forest qigong I highly reccomend it. also there is a book called the tao of meditation which is very awesome.

Thank you, will try most of those. Tweaked my knee skiing last week so part of problem haven't been as active as usual, back to gym today. Diet suggestions sound great. Have been on the fence considering the Spring Forest program so I will. Used St. John's wort years ago and broke out with rash tiny bumps all around my ears. Thanks!

If you can learn Daoyin, it's good for indoors/winter etc. Many forms of Daoyin hepl to stretch the tendons open the channels and move the qi, all important especially in winter.

For the knees, anytime, you can sit legs flat on the floor and flick your big toe over the one next to it. Flick for 200 times while keeping the leg straight/flat on the floor.

This 'twangs' the tendons along the leg and through the knee.

A good thing to take is tachyonised blue green algae. Blue green algae is one thing, but the tachyonisation process changes it immensly.

https://www.tachyon-partners.com/support/in...kbarticleid=252

I had the stuff a while ago and it is very good for the brain and nervous system, the endocrine system and the rest of the body.

Also in regard to winter and the affect of reduced sunlight, the name AMITABHA means limitless light. So regularly reciting Amitabha "Namo Amitabha Buddha" is always beneficial.

Edited by mat black

The winter blues are caused from a lack of natural sunlight in your eyes.Try to get at least an hour of natural light exposure this will boost your melatonin levels which will help you sleep well at night and will also boost your vitamin d3 levels which does a host of things one of which is to make you happy.

A wise man once told me if there is something wrong with you always address the basics first.

Fresh air

exercise

good food

clean water

sunshine

relaxation/sleep

emotional fullfillment.

It has been proven that many chronic auto immune disease and osteoporis are directly related to a lack of natural light exposure.

What a pity that some most suffer so much because they didn't spend enough time outside.

Thank you, did spend some time outside today and knee is almost completely better. Moving the toes is good for feet swelling too, spent much time making to get the big toe to go one way and the rest of the toes to go opposite when I was pregnant too. Had kind of forgotten about that so pleased to see my toes are still fairly coordinated.

I try to get outdoor exercise. My favorite is snowshoeing.

A good workout at the gym every day.

Healthy diet.

One thing that can really help me is maintenence and or repairs on cars.

Takes time, physical work, mental effort to figure things out, care in doing things right, patience because I will make mistakes sometimes and just roll with it and keep on going to the goal.

The end result is a feeling of accomplishment, saving some money vs a mechanic bill, and having taken your mind off whatever is getting you down.

Sign in to follow this