Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Yodisattva Vow

I've been wishing for some time I was more like Yoda, in the sense of being only positive with his posts.

And, well, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first !

So, time to do something about it instead.

I hereby resolve not to say anything negative on this forum henceforth.

My definition of negative, obviously, but please call me on it if you think I break this resolution.

Check the date, of course, cos old posts do get dragged out of oblivion.

Anyone care to join me?

:lol:

Until my kids are old enough to write a few expose posts, I'll keep up the Yodisattva front. :lol:

I've been wishing for some time I was more like Yoda, in the sense of being only positive with his posts.

And, well, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first !

So, time to do something about it instead.

My definition of negative, obviously, but please call me on it if you think I break this resolution.

Check the date, of course, cos old posts do get dragged out of oblivion.

Anyone care to join me?

:lol: dude I dont think I've read a negative thing from you whatsoever!

OK, so what other forum do you attend these days then ?

:)

YM

This is the stupidest, most ridiculous idea ever. Who in their right mind would agree to something so demented?

~

count me in :D

Isn't this suppression?

This is like saying "I accept myself as I am... ONLY IF I"M POSITIVE!"

It's acceptance of the "negative" that exposes it for what is is (illusion) and then it's let go of on its own.

To me, this sounds like another form of control... we all know what happens when we try to control things. :lol:

If it seems like fun to you guys in and of itself, then BRAVO! I'm glad you guys are having fun. But on the other hand, if not, I don't think this is going to work.

I used to only be positive 24/7. I drove myself nuts! What we resist persists. This seems like a huge form of resistance.

I'll stay tuned on the sidelines routing you guys on. I hope it works for you guys.

Edited by ddilulo_06

please call me on it if you think I break this resolution.

I don't like the negative attitude you take to negative posts. You need to watch yourself :lol:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

ddilulo - I completely agree... my over-riding philosophy in life is that everything is perfect as it is! Negativity and positivity is always in a continual state of balance - our limitedness allows us to see only the positive or only the negative - and this ofcourse is perfect - so is expanding you awareness to include both...

The Bushman shamans always speak of two sides to everything - especially God.... there is the unchanging, constant side and there is the shifting, changing, cycling aspect which is known as the Trickster God... Kind of like pre-heaven and post-heaven in Taoist cosmology...

Duality is always governed by the Trickster aspect... this is where positive and negative live... the Unchanging aspect is the 'mother' to the Trickster - it's also Perfect... So when I say I won't be negative - well it's basically a game - it's impossible to be only positive... but it's fun to say that you are :D

What - you thought that any of this - and I mean ANY of this is not for fun?! The trickster aspect is nothing but fun or nothing but misery... I'll have fun for now...

:blink: Freeform

I didn't know you were at the point where you can enjoy misery. I still take it too seriously. I also still take being to serious to seriously. :lol:

I forgot that we can enjoy our "shitty" emotions as well... that it's a part of the fun as well. :)

Maybe I should take the vow to see if I can enjoy misery. :lol:

No offense Ian. :lol:

It's only suppression if it's actually hard to control yourself. For me, it seems I can choose to go either way, so at this point I might as well break out of old patterns and spread the love.

Isn't this suppression?

I think that depends what I do with the negativity if I don't spew it out of my fingertips. I'm not going to be trying to pretend I don't react badly to things, I just don't believe it's actually helpful to others to communicate negatively.

I find, that when I post in a way I think of as negative, invariably I am setting myself up as separate and superior. I don't have to suppress that, I can eat it, or love it , or something.

Bullshit - Let go of the pablum ... accept the Truth however unomfortable that might be ... gaa, gaa ,gaa ...everything is great .. NOT... everything is neither alright or not alright. it just is .. choke on it ... maybe you can admit that it's time to let go of ... ahhh ... figure it out, it's staring you in the face ...

I'm sure you're right, old top, but until, by grace, I become it and start staring myself in the face, I'm afraid I can't let go of the idea that being less self-important and judgemental is good preparation, for me.

I'm sure you're right, old top, but until, by grace, I become it and start staring myself in the face, I'm afraid I can't let go of the idea that being less self-important and judgemental is good preparation, for me.

Before, during and after. :) Joe.

OK, I am really agianst this.

It is far better to be neagative, if that is what you are feeling, than phony :P

I have a true life story about budists constipated on their inability to be real and deal with real life because they were afraid to be percieved as negative :lol:

Just be real for god's sake

no slam on real budists

probably a wannabe problem

but I do appreciate yoda's sense of humor :)

I just have never had that

it is what it is :lol:

It is far better to be negative, if that is what you are feeling, than phony :P

Well I could ignore the smile and reply with

"Perhaps. But I feel being nice to others, regardless of my own feelings, is the best path"

vs

"you @$%&ing **** what a load of $&%*"

Which response generates the best conversations :)

Well I could ignore the smile and reply with

"Perhaps. But I feel being nice to others, regardless of my own feelings, is the best path"

vs

"you @$%&ing **** what a load of $&%*"

Which response generates the best conversations :)

I'm not advocating blasting people indiscriminately.

I am pointing out that phoniness happens a lot when people think that they should be nice, or need to be percieved as "spiritual" or a good budist, taoist, or whatever.

My personal opinion is that the value of a board like this lies in people being real.

Ideas being exchanged, discussed, challenged, this is good.

You will find that I have never resorted to calling people names, and will not.

So be real dude.

If you're an ass, be a real ass :lol:

If you're a saint, great, be that, but be real.

Then maybe you can change, but you surely won't if you put on a phony face.

Many faces for many roles. Which one is real? And can we really avoid putting on a face?

Many faces for many roles. Which one is real?

Mine is not an existential question about what is "real"

When I say be real, that is be honest with yourself first.

It doesn't mean if you feel like crap for some reason you take it out on anyone.

OK, I am really agianst this.

It is far better to be neagative, if that is what you are feeling, than phony :P

Just be real for god's sake

Interesting!

You see, I believe that the negative (by which I mean complaining, superior, abusive..) parts of me are the phony parts. And that's what's real is just aliveness, and what's not to like?

Maybe I should have defined my idea of negative at the start. A firm and cheerful "no thanks!" is not negative, if you ask me. And in life I try to do that when appropriate. But on a forum I kinda reckon there's no need. It's not like whatever it is is chasing you down the road. One can just stop reading and move on...

Sign in to follow this