Ya Mu

How many Bless their food?

Hi all!

New to this site and I found this topic interesting.

The North American native view point is to thank

the origin of the food (i.e. the plant or animal from which it came) with the idea

that one day our bodies will return to the earth and give back in the form of nourishment

to other plants and animals, therefore, completing the circle.

They believe that we are not above or below any plant or animal, but rather, equal as

living creatures. Creatures existing on this living, breathing, vessel called mother earth.

This is very much where I'm coming from as well - The ANCIENT Shamanistic core of Spirituality and our inter-active relationships as Earthlings is what brought me to Taoism all those long years ago... I hope to be food eventually, just another part of the cycle... Love to all- Pat

The Catholic idea of God and the Taoist idea of Tao are nearly identical.

agree 100% its the same in true islam & bon po aswell.

I think that Bardon and the Bonpo have much in common Santiago. I think of the work with the five lights.

Bill

indeed maybe same "source" ancient persian mysticism

Darin,

For what it's worth, I was raised Catholic.

I was taught that the "Almighty Father" IS judgemental.

Hence, "judgement day."

To say there is a God separates us, mentally, from the universal energy.

My arguement with my priest (in my youth) was that if God embodies

everything, am I not God? Boy! Did that statement piss off our priest! :lol:

The Tao does not seperate us. We are one.

Maybe I'm not familiar with Reiki, but I thought it was a healing art. With that in mind, how can you heal

food, such as plant or animal, that has given up its life? And "cleaning"? I don't understand?

The "cleaning" is removing the sick qi from the food. We do the same thing when we do medical qigong, we project qi and remove the sick qi. Generally speaking, sick qi will be perceived by most people that can SEE as a black cloud of energy.

The "cleaning" is removing the sick qi from the food. We do the same thing when we do medical qigong, we project qi and remove the sick qi. Generally speaking, sick qi will be perceived by most people that can SEE as a black cloud of energy.

In medical qigong, you are using chi on the living to heal. Can you remove sick chi from the dead?

How does this relate to food and can you make rotting food "clean" so that it can be eaten?

Just trying to push some buttons! :rolleyes:

I think our difference of opinion is that I see God and Tao as the same thing. You dont. My view of God is very Catholic which means God beyond words to describe. The God that can be spoken of is not the true God sort of thing. God is beyond all conceptual thinking and rational thought. God may be loved and experienced but never understood. Does that make sense?

When people hear me speak of "God" they think I am talking about a judgmental diety that sits on a cloud all red faced and angry about people having sex and using condoms. Thats not the case at all and that NOT the Catholic idea of God either. The Catholic idea of God and the Taoist idea of Tao are nearly identical.

Aw come on, I like your description of angry red faced sex no condom God!

Just kidding.

I agree with you. My stance is that if we get to the true core (removing the control-factor core) of these teachings we find much more in common than not.

I remember a medicine man showing me an exercise that was done after a healing in order to clear the energies. It was identical to a qigong exercise I had previously learned. I get flack from different religious folks some time about my teachings and book. The Christians that give me flack don't realize that my book was edited by a Ph.D Christian Theologian who happened to be one of my students at the time.

Truth is truth no matter where it comes from and no matter what name is put on it.

In medical qigong, you are using chi on the living to heal. Can you remove sick chi from the dead?

How does this relate to food and can you make rotting food "clean" so that it can be eaten?

Just trying to push some buttons! :rolleyes:

We can utilize qi, combined with INTENT, to create, or manifest.

Why would I want to waste energy trying to make rotting food clean? It would require transmutation instead of simple cleaning. It could be done but I would only do the transmutation if I was starving and could not get anything else to eat.

You pushed my Yuck! button :rolleyes:

Aw come on, I like your description of angry red faced sex no condom God!

Just kidding.

I agree with you. My stance is that if we get to the true core (removing the control-factor core) of these teachings we find much more in common than not.

I remember a medicine man showing me an exercise that was done after a healing in order to clear the energies. It was identical to a qigong exercise I had previously learned. I get flack from different religious folks some time about my teachings and book. The Christians that give me flack don't realize that my book was edited by a Ph.D Christian Theologian who happened to be one of my students at the time.

Truth is truth no matter where it comes from and no matter what name is put on it.

We can utilize qi, combined with INTENT, to create, or manifest.

Why would I want to waste energy trying to make rotting food clean? It would require transmutation instead of simple cleaning. It could be done but I would only do the transmutation if I was starving and could not get anything else to eat.

You pushed my Yuck! button :rolleyes:

Didn't mean to push your "yuck!" button. Hope it wasn't too close to meal time. :P

Someone I know just explained that using Qi on food could actually energize it.

In turn, energizing the consumer...hmmm...

Someone I know just explained that using Qi on food could actually energize it.

In turn, energizing the consumer...hmmm...

In medical qigong we utilize water and liquid herbal extracts to accomplish an energetic helping of the client/patient. Here is an example of an energized external liquid extract. Note this is on my site but I do not have any for sale. Need to update the site. I use this quite often in my clinic.

Maybe I'm not familiar with Reiki, but I thought it was a healing art. With that in mind, how can you heal

food, such as plant or animal, that has given up its life? And "cleaning"? I don't understand?

Reiki is in part a healing art.

However one is not healing their food when they 'Reiki' it, they are merely putting their Qi (energy) into the food to purify it.

This is much the same as using Reiki on a person and equates to purifying through love.