Ya Mu

How many Bless their food?

My whole point is that this is a Taoist method that I believe all teachers of qigong should teach to their students and if anyone calls themselves a teacher of qigong and doesn't know how to do this I believe they should study more.

This comment rather reinforces the suspicion I had at the start of the thread, and which I had managed to dismiss as unworthy, that the thread is not really based on a genuine wish to share the benefits of food blessing, but on a wish to suggest that you're a bit special and people could benefit from learning from you. For money. Somewhere else.

Which is fine, but I would like to see it done more openly. I continue to have a problem with people who make their living teaching this stuff chatting as if they are just one of the gang and have nothing to sell.

Except for Santiago, for some reason which I don't understand myself... :blink:

By all means tell me I'm wrong...

This comment rather reinforces the suspicion I had at the start of the thread, and which I had managed to dismiss as unworthy, that the thread is not really based on a genuine wish to share the benefits of food blessing, but on a wish to suggest that you're a bit special and people could benefit from learning from you. For money. Somewhere else.

Which is fine, but I would like to see it done more openly. I continue to have a problem with people who make their living teaching this stuff chatting as if they are just one of the gang and have nothing to sell.

By all means believe whatever you wish. It is easier to criticize a teacher than to listen to him.

I started the thread because I wished to share that there is a method for cleaning and transmuting food that gives wonderful benefits to whoever uses it. As I stated at the first of the thread I have not seen this mentioned by any teachers here but one other and myself and certainly not openly talked about. And as I stated, I believe it to be an important method that everyone should practice.

Anyone is free to learn it from any teacher they wish to but if they do not know it exists how are they to learn it? I can't teach someone to do it via posting on the internet. But I can share that the method exists.

As far as something to sell, don't you have? Do you not get paid when you sell your work? Or are you independently wealthy? I am not. As I have stated before if anyone here or anywhere else wishes to establish a trust fund to enable me to teach for free please go ahead and do it. I would love to teach for free.

I am a teacher of qigong, medical qigong, and Taoist Medicine; that is what I do. And I do it because I have developed a compassion for humanity, because my teacher asked me to teach it, and because it is truly amazing to watch others be awakened, not because it is an easy way to make money. I could make far more money with much less effort doing something else. But that would not enable me to teach self-healing, heal others in clinic, and teach healers advanced methods for healing others.

This is just one of several times I have seen members of this forum accusing teachers of trying to sell something. Would you rather we hide and not say anything about what we know? How is anyone going to learn if all the teachers hide and never say anything? I can assure you that I don't anticipate any funds to arrive from the members of this forum. In fact, I have stated here, "Please do not purchase my book unless you feel a resonance with it" because the copies that get to people that do not feel a resonance could go to folks that do; this is where the most good could come from. The same thing applies to anything I teach. If you don't want to learn it then please do not attend my classes and waste your and my time. But if anyone does I would be happy to help them.

It is never about money but about helping others. I can't really help anyone by posting on the internet. But I can put of spark of inquisitiveness to others, hopefully, by posting. And the spark can have much potential.

?? :blink: ??

:blink:

: )

did i do something wrong Ian?

here is the best "formula" fits well with any "methodology/Religeous view/energy science etc

1) Clear the food of any negative energy & Enhance its energitc properties by either

giving it chi, removing negative vibes/chi through sweeping, using mantra, or reiki symbol, or some form of empowerment/Prayer. When you offer prayer or energy also think that the benifits go to the "divine source", the providers of the food, the consciousness of the animal that gave its self to be as food, the cook, the server, the preparer and to who ever is sharing meal with you etc: )

2)as you chew show internally have aww and gratitude towards the provider of food/source/food itself etc

3) when you digest have the feelings of Awe & Gratitude towards grand provider (Creator/Tao).

4) When you pee or crap bless its final product and offer it as food and nectar to the beings of the lower realms and to those who can benifit from such nourishment.

do things from the heart.

hope this is clearer.

Santi

Awesome thread y'all! Thanks for bringing it up, Ya Mu.

I read the Bardon on this and am convinced that this is an important practice that can benefite the way one takes in all departments of life.

?? :blink: ??

:blink:

did i do something wrong Ian?

Absolutely not ! Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say is that you're the only professional teacher of esoteric stuff, that I'm aware of, whose style of appearing on this forum DOESN'T irritate me. Maybe because you actually share information, as here. I don't know what a blink symbol really means: I just wanted to suggest my own confusion.

here is the best "formula" fits well with any "methodology/Religeous view/energy science etc

1) Clear the food of any negative energy & Enhance its energitc properties by either

giving it chi, removing negative vibes/chi through sweeping, using mantra, or reiki symbol, or some form of empowerment/Prayer. When you offer prayer or energy also think that the benifits go to the "divine source", the providers of the food, the consciousness of the animal that gave its self to be as food, the cook, the server, the preparer and to who ever is sharing meal with you etc: )

2)as you chew show internally have aww and gratitude towards the provider of food/source/food itself etc

3) when you digest have the feelings of Awe & Gratitude towards grand provider (Creator/Tao).

4) When you pee or crap bless its final product and offer it as food and nectar to the beings of the lower realms and to those who can benifit from such nourishment.

do things from the heart.

hope this is clearer.

Santi

Awesome thread y'all! Thanks for bringing it up, Ya Mu.

I read the Bardon on this and am convinced that this is an important practice that can benefite the way one takes in all departments of life.

I wish I was more like you, old chap. Always taking the positive and letting the rest go by...

I eat and others will eventually eat me. Such is life.

Because I have respect for life itself, I do not try to make it something that it is not by adding or taking away intention when eating. I simply eat.

Absolutely not ! Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say is that you're the only professional teacher of esoteric stuff, that I'm aware of, whose style of appearing on this forum DOESN'T irritate me. Maybe because you actually share information, as here. I don't know what a blink symbol really means: I just wanted to suggest my own confusion.

I wish I was more like you, old chap. Always taking the positive and letting the rest go by...

Thanks Ian : )

Best wishes

Santi

This is just one of several times I have seen members of this forum accusing teachers of trying to sell something. Would you rather we hide and not say anything about what we know? How is anyone going to learn if all the teachers hide and never say anything?

Hmmm, well, yes. Questions worthy of a good answer, if I can pull one together. All that I notice first off is that your style of writing causes my hackles to rise, as often as not. Partly that you imply repeatedly, without actually saying it directly, that you are an accomplished energy practitioner, have proper energetics, powerful intent, etc. etc., that you are better than those who, irresponsibly or because of being low level, don't teach food blessing. I just find it a bit, well, tactless, tasteless, arrogant?

I can assure you that I don't anticipate any funds to arrive from the members of this forum.

How very peculiar. Why on earth not? There's about 20,000 of us, 98-99% consumers of esoteric teaching. Frankly, I don't believe you.

It is never about money but about helping others.

This seems, to me, disingenuous. You must be aware that the two are inseperable. The more you help others, as a professional teacher, the more money you make...

But anyway, I admit that I don't know how a teacher "should" communicate to a forum like this. All I know is that very few of the non-teachers on here, many of whom have loads to share, wouldn't be embarrassed to speak so highly of themselves...

All I know is that once Ya Mu invited me to check out his seminar for free! He seems genuine to me. Maybe if someone doesn't jive with him, it just means that he's not good for you personally.

My experience, like Scotty's, is that Ya Mu is not in it for the money, but genuinely wants to help people and spread knowledge, regardless of how he chooses to express himself on the forum.

This thread reminds me that I need to 'Reiki' my food; I just completed Level One Reiki at the weekend and this was something that was recommended!

Interesting thread.

I take Bardon's advice in this regard and bless the food with the quality or qualities that I want to cultivate in myself such as love, wisdom, clarity of mind and imagine that as I eat it I become that. I recognize also the Source of those qualities and give thanks to That.

I second Santiago and Ya Mu and thanks for this topic Michael.

I think that Bardon and the Bonpo have much in common Santiago. I think of the work with the five lights.

Bill

Edited by tumoessence

All that I notice first off is that your style of writing causes my hackles to rise, as often as not.

But anyway, I admit that I don't know how a teacher "should" communicate to a forum like this. All I know is that very few of the non-teachers on here, many of whom have loads to share, wouldn't be embarrassed to speak so highly of themselves...

Your style of writing doesn't bother me at all.

Rather than participating in the thread you are personally criticizing me for being a teacher. You may wish to try contributing instead of negativism and see if that makes you feel better.

Posting a thread on Taoist energy arts is speaking highly of oneself? Funny.

Partly that you imply repeatedly, without actually saying it directly, that you are an accomplished energy practitioner, have proper energetics, powerful intent, etc. etc.,. I just find it a bit, well, tactless, tasteless, arrogant?

I have never said any such thing. All my information is quite public.

What I find tasteless and arrogant are people who don't know anything trying to tell others looking for real information things that have no meaning. And this isn't directed at you, in fact it seems to me your prior posts have been quite the opposite. Are you not feeling well today?

...that you are better than those who, irresponsibly or because of being low level, don't teach food blessing.

Never said that. If someone teaches mathematics are they a mathematics teacher if they only show their students how to add without acknowledgement and understanding of subtraction, multiplication, and division?

These are basic things a teacher that called themselves a mathematics teacher should know. Could a person that called themselves a basic mathematics teacher and all they did was wave their arms be a mathematics teacher? So it is the same with any particular subject. Qigong is no different.

This seems, to me, disingenuous. You must be aware that the two are inseperable. The more you help others, as a professional teacher, the more money you make...

Not necessarily. Have you tried it?

I have found, for me, helping others is not about money. I have found, for myself, that there are rewards for helping others that transcend money.

How very peculiar. Why on earth not? There's about 20,000 of us, 98-99% consumers of esoteric teaching. Frankly, I don't believe you.

Don't really care what you believe. I have found that there are those that wish to learn and those that do not. No amount of anyone posting anything is going to change that.

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread and don't find the subject interesting why don't you simply not read anymore of the thread if the subject, poster, and content brings about this type of reaction?

Rather than participating in the thread you are personally criticizing me for being a teacher.

No, for your style of being one, in this thread
You may wish to try contributing instead of negativism and see if that makes you feel better.
True, thank you.
Posting a thread on Taoist energy arts is speaking highly of oneself?
Not necessarily, but in this case, yes.
I have never said any such thing.
Never said that.
My point exactly. I wish you would say it, rather than implying it.

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread and don't find the subject interesting why don't you simply not read anymore of the thread if the subject, poster, and content brings about this type of reaction?

I do find the subject interesting, and I admit that I should, like Yoda, just thank you for raising it, and, what's more, thank you for helping to bring my own irritability to my attention.

I'm sure I only find what I perceive to be your arrogance irritating, because I have definite arrogant tendencies, as I'm sure these posts have proved, and less material to support them!

I hope people add more about their experience and methods of actually blessing food. Care to start?

I hope people add more about their experience and methods of actually blessing food.

For me one of my problems is that I don't want to share the details of my life, it's private!

But for the last 2 weeks every time I drink water (which I often do) I think of vitalizing and refreshing a certain relationship of mine that ran into difficulties. The results have been pretty amazing, opening up all sorts of things in my past that I had forgotten, and which I was subconsciously putting into the present via this relationship. Also starting to dissolve a very nasty blockage in the left ear which I had no idea was there. Simultaneously, the person concerned also began getting an ear thing.

This sort of thing, I combine with visualizing and inner storytelling (storymaking I should say maybe). I will place images at a spot revealed in the energy body as significant (ear in this case) and I will imagine the water adding energy of flow and movement to that image. Then I have to surf skillfully as things change. It often seems I 'do' very little, allowing it to happen. Everything is related together with prayer too. In this case I used no special water (although I magnetize the drinking water in our house) and did not imagine any specific energy. I just allowed my unconscious to do the work.

I hope that says a little more about what you can do with food and drink. It's about making the ordinary into something spiritual and beautiful, for me.

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~

I hope people add more about their experience and methods of actually blessing food. Care to start?

Vajrasattva posted the basic method of cleaning.

Personally I do it by first setting my INTENT, then projecting energy until I SEE the difference. This is why I know that simply saying thanks, which in my opinion is a really good thing to do, does nothing to actually clean the food.

I usually don't post exact methods because of the people reading who have not done qigong that try things at home which could possibly be dangerous for them. I did say, or thought I did, at the beginning of the thread that anyone who is an accomplished practitioner can do this, and defined accomplished practitioner as one who did time&effort energy practice. One reason it may not be such a good idea for non-practitioners to try is the following.

Of course everyone, including non-practitioners, have the ability to do some of this, as everyone has life-force energy. But what happens when a person tries to clean several particularly bad batches of food? If they are a practitioner, they have learned about sick qi and how to deal with it. But if they are not, then they can absorb the sick qi from the food which defeats the whole purpose of cleaning it. Furthermore they could take it upon themselves to clean other people's food and get really bad sick.

I believe transmutation is more advanced than cleaning and I don't think a responsible teacher would post the "how to do this" on the internet. Just my opinion.

And Ian, I think if we were to meet, get a good pint of Guinness each (or coffee or whatever you like), and communicate, that we would find each other to be OK fellows.

Edited by Ya Mu

And Ian, I think if we were to meet, get a good pint of Guinness each (or coffee or whatever you like), and communicate, that we would find each other to be OK fellows.

Agreed. I think you may be right about me being a little below par today. I just put milk in a cup of sage tea, which is not the work of a man on top form. So, my apologies.

Hi all!

New to this site and I found this topic interesting.

The North American native view point is to thank

the origin of the food (i.e. the plant or animal from which it came) with the idea

that one day our bodies will return to the earth and give back in the form of nourishment

to other plants and animals, therefore, completing the circle.

They believe that we are not above or below any plant or animal, but rather, equal as

living creatures. Creatures existing on this living, breathing, vessel called mother earth.

I dont bless the food as in pouring energy into it or say a prayer. But I always communicate with it and open my body and consciousness to it. When it enters my stomach Im aware how it is recieved and assimilated. I can feel it travel through my intestines, break down to little pieces and enter my body. Immediately when I get it in my mouth the energy starts to work with my body. I dont care much about it its bad energy because there is allways aspects of it that can be of use. Or it can be transformed or just deposited. Im just aware of what happens to me and my body and put my trust in my own bodys intelligence to direct it all where it is needed the most.

As far as thanking a god or creator for our food, in taoist terms,

is like thanking my invisible playmate. The tao is not an

entity as is believed in religions.

Now, when it comes to Reiki, my understanding is it works on

the living. Does it work once the plant or animal has died?

I personally am not a fan of Reiki for many reasons. But Qi utilized with INTENT can clean most anything, doesn't have to be defined as "live" or "dead".

As far as thanking a god or creator for our food, in taoist terms,

is like thanking my invisible playmate. The tao is not an

entity as is believed in religions.

Gratitude is a way to live. I thank the God/Tao/ the universe for my health, job, girl and life in general depending on my mood. I dont expect an answer, I just like the effect it has on me. I like to live in the attitude of gratitude. I got this practice from watching THE SECRET. I have a habit of reading a list of things I am grateful for every night before bed.

Where exactly are you pulling "thanking a god or creator for our food, in taoist terms is like thanking my invisible playmate" from? What Taoist source?

Gratitude is a way to live. I thank the God/Tao/ the universe for my health, job, girl and life in general depending on my mood. I dont expect an answer, I just like the effect it has on me. I like to live in the attitude of gratitude. I got this practice from watching THE SECRET. I have a habit of reading a list of things I am grateful for every night before bed.

Where exactly are you pulling "thanking a god or creator for our food, in taoist terms is like thanking my invisible playmate" from? What Taoist source?

I need clarification on your question of "taoist source." Is there more than one tao?

I personally am not a fan of Reiki for many reasons. But Qi utilized with INTENT can clean most anything, doesn't have to be defined as "live" or "dead".

Maybe I'm not familiar with Reiki, but I thought it was a healing art. With that in mind, how can you heal

food, such as plant or animal, that has given up its life? And "cleaning"? I don't understand?

The concept of God comes from Middle Eastern and Western mythologies. An entity that judges. The Tao

just "is". I have no problem with thanking the universal energy, the Tao. I just have issues with the concept

of a God. But that's fodder for another topic.

I need clarification on your question of "taoist source." Is there more than one tao?

You were just speaking from authority like you were quoting from a book and not giving your personal opinion so I was just looking for what book or teacher you were drawing from. Was that your personal opinion?

I think our difference of opinion is that I see God and Tao as the same thing. You dont. My view of God is very Catholic which means God beyond words to describe. The God that can be spoken of is not the true God sort of thing. God is beyond all conceptual thinking and rational thought. God may be loved and experienced but never understood. Does that make sense?

When people hear me speak of "God" they think I am talking about a judgmental diety that sits on a cloud all red faced and angry about people having sex and using condoms. Thats not the case at all and that NOT the Catholic idea of God either. The Catholic idea of God and the Taoist idea of Tao are nearly identical.