Sign in to follow this  
modestman

Practicing Kunlun

hello taobums.

Edit: I now have the book and am going to use this thread for any questions I might have which will be posted as they arise

Now I'm just wondering those of you who have been to a seminar or read the book what are your views on this practice.

I have been practicing/studying Buddhism for a number of years mainly Theravada and Dzogchen. As I came back to this forum I've seen a lot of threads and interest in Kunlun and was wondering what are actually the benefits you guys/gals are cultivating?

I know as from practicing Buddhism for a number of years I have become more laid back and been able incorporate in helping people (therapy).

Although I believe that traditional meditation is the Way; I do not stick to a certain method out of ignorance, I value the words of the Buddha's saying "See for yourself."

I am going to order the book out of curiousity but just wondering what some of you folks get out of this practice. I cannot gather much information about it on the internet but I take it is part of a physical meditation technique? If so I will test it out with some sitting meditation and see how beneficial it can be.

Metta

Modestman

Edited by modestman

Well I got the book and have started practicing :)

One thing I am wondering about is the ball position.

Do you have to keep your hands/feet in this position for the whole duration or is it just to activate the energy?

Cheers,

Modestman

Well I got the book and have started practicing :)

One thing I am wondering about is the ball position.

Do you have to keep your hands/feet in this position for the whole duration or is it just to activate the energy?

Cheers,

Modestman

In general keep the heels up. Hand posture is less important once the energy is activated and your arms are moving about. If the arms don't start to move spontaneously, it's best to keep them in the ball posture.

Enjoy.

:)

Sign in to follow this