ralis

Jeff Primack

Actually, what would be cool would be a 3D computer model of the human energy body showing the circulation of energy sequentially through all the acupoints, meridians, channels, orbits, etc. And other energetic structures, like dantians, chakras, etc.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

People say the animation on the DVD's is the best out there...so props to you. Have you done any other animation for martial arts (internal or external) we should know about? Or any plans in the future?

Thanks for the compliment I was really going into uncharted waters trying to animate "qi". There is really no tangible reference to go of and it was the first project of it's kind that I had done.

I did my best and I think it came out OK especially that it was made on a home computer and not in a major studio. As a tool for teaching I think the animations are effective. I didn't film the first two level just edited and animated. The level three disc I animated, filmed and edited and that one I feel really showcases my style. Oh yeah and it's in "bluray"

My current projects are documentaries based in an effort to perpetuate and preserve Hawaiian Culture. As well as a strictly sound and animation based meditation experience. More of a lightly controlled journey then a deeply guided journey, but the visuals I am working on are pretty powerful.

I also run a school in the Big Island teaching media arts and high end production to the Native Hawaiian Children and the people of Hawaii. Teaching and children is truly my passion.

But my real plan for the future is a family, I have been with my wife for about 9 years she is my everything and we are ready to bring a life into this world.

aloha - Adam

• Like 1

I got the Level 1 DVD of this qigong form out of curiosity, mainly because I like Jeff Primack's nutrition advice. After reading the "food" section of qigong.com, about phytochemicals, I started adding avocado pits to my smoothies. I've found that Victoria Boutenko, the green smoothie guru, now recommends avocado pits as well. They're a bit bitter but you can get used to them! Adding some stevia helps too.

So I played around with the qigong form, and found I was feeling the qi pretty strongly the first time. The Taoist stretching section is pretty challenging, too. I'm wondering though, it's not clear how long one should practice the level 1 stuff before moving forward, and level 2, etc. It looks like a fun class to take with the large groups of people they bring together. And yes, the visual effects are very helpful.

Thanks for the compliment I was really going into uncharted waters trying to animate "qi". There is really no tangible reference to go of and it was the first project of it's kind that I had done.

I did my best and I think it came out OK especially that it was made on a home computer and not in a major studio. As a tool for teaching I think the animations are effective. I didn't film the first two level just edited and animated. The level three disc I animated, filmed and edited and that one I feel really showcases my style. Oh yeah and it's in "bluray"

My current projects are documentaries based in an effort to perpetuate and preserve Hawaiian Culture. As well as a strictly sound and animation based meditation experience. More of a lightly controlled journey then a deeply guided journey, but the visuals I am working on are pretty powerful.

I also run a school in the Big Island teaching media arts and high end production to the Native Hawaiian Children and the people of Hawaii. Teaching and children is truly my passion.

But my real plan for the future is a family, I have been with my wife for about 9 years she is my everything and we are ready to bring a life into this world.

aloha - Adam

Adam, good luck! I have the level 3 disk and it is very good. The only disk I have ever used is from my teacher John Dolic but graphics were really cool on your dvd. Both my wife and daughter were trying to use follow it for sometime but gave up as they found it a little tough.

removing my original post after having suffered qigong deviation, you should only practice under supervision with a qualified teacher

Edited by JohnnyLee
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your results. Hopefully one day Jeff will be willing to share where he got these powerful teachings. Intentions are important. But seems like the practice is working for you, so keep up the good work.

I got the Level 1 DVD of this qigong form out of curiosity, mainly because I like Jeff Primack's nutrition advice. After reading the "food" section of qigong.com, about phytochemicals, I started adding avocado pits to my smoothies. I've found that Victoria Boutenko, the green smoothie guru, now recommends avocado pits as well. They're a bit bitter but you can get used to them! Adding some stevia helps too.
Interesting...what do avocado pits do?

JohnnyLee - Why, what happened?

Greetings..

I have met Mr. Primack.. i have worked with several of his salaried instructors, and.. after a few relatively minor corrections to the 'form', they report a much greater flow and sensitivity of their energy systems.. The 'form', as presented by the instructors, is not for 'general' QiGong use, but.. it does have very specific uses, for very specific purposes.. The 'form' presented by Mr. Primack's salaried instructors was consistent between instructors and very specific, but.. this 'form' actually creates blockages which, when released, gives the practitioner a fairly tangible sensation of Qi.. in short, it seems that the goal is to give the practitioner a tangible 'feeling', regardless of the benefit or lack thereof for the practitioner.. it is this 'feeling' that captures the imagination of the practitioner that is unfamiliar with QiGong, but.. there is very little benefit, if any, from the 'form' as i have experienced it..

The instructors i have worked with indicate that Mr. Primack is knowledgable of very beneficial QiGong systems and of correct form for general energy cultivation, but.. that is reserved for higher level students and instructors.. i did not ask, nor am i concerned with the cost for receiving 'correct' instruction.. the issue is 'if' Mr. Primack presents forms that can be harmful to the novice just for the 'feeling', that is unethical.. i have practiced QiGong for more than 20 years and teach it as a part of my classes in Taijiquan.. i favor Dragon Gate QiGong, Eight Pieces of the Brocade, Yi Jin Jing, and the Chen Style Silk Reeling exercises for cultivating and circulating Qi.. the Taiji Symbol training as taught by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming and his Taiji Ball exercises are also excellent Qi enhancing forms.. Dr. Yang's Embryonic Breathing is a remarkable system, too..

Mr. Primack is a marketing genius, cobbling together a series of of exercises that produce some tangible feelings related to Qi, and being able to acheive this feeling in a short time, but.. my most favorable perception of Mr. Primack is that when his traveling "QiGong" show comes to town, there will be a few people who, after 'feeling' the Qi, search for authentic QiGong.. and, in the central Florida area, we are fortunate to have quite a few very advanced teachers, so.. those who are truly interested in authentic QiGong will find a credible teacher with their interests and well-being in mind.. I hope those interested in QiGong will do the necessary research to reveal the most appropriate QiGong for their interest..

Be well..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Humble yourself.

Yes indeed. Humble is good. Like in "Supreme Science Qigong Center"

Humbleness comes in the Taoist (and virtually all other) traditions, but since this system is new and has nothing to do with any previous Taoist (or other) concepts, methods, teachers, writings - no need to acknowledge them or be too humble in one's own position.

Oh wait - it does use "chi", "jing", etc and it look so much like Qigong!!!

Wait, wait - actually the site is www.qigong.com. And a Supreme one at that! :-)

Hm... Interesting rediscovery.

I know of another guy who "developed his own" thing, but he gives lots of it for free

http://www.chioshealing.com/

Probably, because many of the wise people ahead of us suggested we gain by giving.

Or he is just not a good enough salesman (not everyone is).

Don't know.

But sad to see Qigong starts to get the bad vibes the Yoga has now in the USA for decades now with the infinite numbers of schools, teachings, methods and granted USA PATENTS !!! Turning ancient spiritual ways of life into self-helping, big auditorium, multi Media events is possible in the USA. It is after all the birthplace of the megachurches and TV evangelists.

Whether it is good for the traditions and the truths they keep - I guess some will argue.

Pray the Lord!

I mean - "Go into Raise hands" :-)

Just kidding, Jeff.

While pointing the obvious.

Good luck!

Evgeny Kolev

Ar. Heights, IL

USA

(BTW, I don't see anonymous posts here - doesn't one need an account to post!?)

I have met Mr. Primack.. i have worked with several of his salaried instructors, and.. after a few relatively minor corrections to the 'form', they report a much greater flow and sensitivity of their energy systems.. The 'form', as presented by the instructors, is not for 'general' QiGong use, but.. it does have very specific uses, for very specific purposes.. The 'form' presented by Mr. Primack's salaried instructors was consistent between instructors and very specific, but.. this 'form' actually creates blockages which, when released, gives the practitioner a fairly tangible sensation of Qi.. in short, it seems that the goal is to give the practitioner a tangible 'feeling', regardless of the benefit or lack thereof for the practitioner.. it is this 'feeling' that captures the imagination of the practitioner that is unfamiliar with QiGong, but.. there is very little benefit, if any, from the 'form' as i have experienced it..

The instructors i have worked with indicate that Mr. Primack is knowledgable of very beneficial QiGong systems and of correct form for general energy cultivation, but.. that is reserved for higher level students and instructors.. i did not ask, nor am i concerned with the cost for receiving 'correct' instruction.. the issue is 'if' Mr. Primack presents forms that can be harmful to the novice just for the 'feeling', that is unethical.. i have practiced QiGong for more than 20 years and teach it as a part of my classes in Taijiquan.. i favor Dragon Gate QiGong, Eight Pieces of the Brocade, Yi Jin Jing, and the Chen Style Silk Reeling exercises for cultivating and circulating Qi.. the Taiji Symbol training as taught by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming and his Taiji Ball exercises are also excellent Qi enhancing forms.. Dr. Yang's Embryonic Breathing is a remarkable system, too..

Which of his "forms" creates blockages, and which ones are good for general energy cultivation?

Because I've done or been shown a few sequences by an instructor.

One I think was his Level 1 form - basically standing "embracing the tree" with some various and added hand positions, while slightly opening and closing with the breaths. Most of the instructions seemed based upon pretty textbook qigong theory - so nothing seemed like it would be harmful or blockage-inducing?

Another was his 9-Breath Method. This was more like a "hyperventilating" fiery yogic breath that I didn't really personally attempt.

Edited by vortex

i just got done doing his 4 day "qi revolution" seminar. i had an excellent experience & for the price ($99) it was very affordable.

he did mention the influences of paul dong & wim hof as well as the shaman he worked with (who as stated earlier wishes to remain anonymous).

when jeff replied in this thread that he had never taken even 1 exercise from any other person, i have to say i disagree. now if you break it down, maybe technically they are his own (as in he augmented them slightly or ordered them in a different way) but a lot of the forms are the same as found in other qi gong methods as taught by different instructors. after all qi gong has been around for a really long time. no form is truly "original" and no 1 person owns any style or method.

the man is definitely a marketing genius & there is nothing wrong with that. how many of us can say we are exposing 1,000's of people to qi gong? of course nobody is perfect & he has obviously had personality issues with others (such as the video editor who posted earlier), but it doesn't change the fact that his influence is helping many more people become more interested in qi gong and i think that is a good & very necessary thing. yes he is profiting from it, but i don't think that taints his motives (at least not that much). he seemed sincere in what he was teaching & acknowledged god for all the blessings he had received in his life.

for the 4 days he taught us levels 1-3 in his series which included the 9 breath method & breath empowerment. his seminar also had many lectures ranging from philosophical to nutritional & were all very interesting.

i would recommend this seminar to others interested in qi gong, it was very economical & informative!

I know Jeff very well.

Jeff = Learn from great teachers, Steal the methods and Formats and never give credit where credit is DUE.

If you ever see him ask him why he never mentions or gives credit to Dr. Glenn Morris nor Master Wu or Master Foo?

Also Too bad Master Wu & GLenn Morris Passed away I know they would love to share a few words with Jeff.

Be careful with diet he has to blend Apple seeds (this is Toxic) Apple seeds have Cyanide.

http://qigong.com/press_pages/tantra.html

gee i wonder where this comes from.....hmm the 2 cool dudes at umaatantra? Dr. Morris? Dinu Roman?

I wish Jeff Health & Success.

:D

When you say master Foo, do you mean the Emei qi gong teacher?

birds like to poop on me too but i've always attributed it to bad luck

:P

I love this! lmao. i call this "bursting a bubble kung-fu".

Ntw have to feel sorry for that Primack guy. Well, almost. In situations like these the more you try to defend yourself the more the ship sinks.. It takes a master of PR kung-fu to know the ways of fending off something like this.

Yeah I remember this facinating thread, a soap opera within a thread. I miss Santi's postings though. Funny how time passes.

Lama Tantrapa just did an interview with Jeff Primak.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters/2011/06/07/interview-with-jeff-primak

Actually this is a re broadcast of an earlier interview FWIW. I recommend listening to many of Lamas interviews. It is nice to listen to so many different perspectives in the qigong world.

Jeff seems to be good at promotion. Posting on TTB to defend himself doesn't seem like a good way to promote what he does so I doubt we'll hear from him again.

In the interview he comes across well intentioned.

Yeah I remember this facinating thread, a soap opera within a thread. I miss Santi's postings though. Funny how time passes.

Me too :-) Although Susan is here and posts quite a lot. In the same 'lineage' (my idea :-)) I find Hundun's been pretty quiet for a while and I miss his posts. And don't get me started on Cameron. Just this incredible ball of wild. But really nice :wub: GIH seems a bit provocative but nerdy at the same time. Even Apech's calmed down. I was more interested in his Egypt stuff than his moderation stuff. But I guess it all takes time.

• Like 2

I really wish someone would answer about what they mean about QIGONG blockages. I just took the course, and received an amazing amount of feeling from the practice, and haven't noticed any negative side effects. What's up with that?

I plan on continuing my KAP and this QiGong, until real evidence of something otherwise surfaces.

One question I have...

Are actually two questions I don't have:

What is here?

What is now?

Hello and welcome to these forums. Enjoy your playfulness! :D

I just attended Jeff Primrack's Qi Revolution Seminar in Los Angeles.It was my first exposure to QIgong, so I can't comment on the form or authenticity of the form he taught. I thought, while I was there, that it was what Qigong is. The 4 days -- lead to a real high -- especially because of the 9 breath meditation -- that much oxygen has to change something in a person. And while I was doing the Qigong I felt an incredible energy. That made me want to come back.

nuff said.

if you're new to all this, i say keep it messy. try things out without locking into any one way of knowing. allow EVERYTHING to remain possible. and most importantly, explore with a passion. :)

now that you your OWN experience, try not to rely so much on what the Juniors & Seniors have to say. keep an open mind & heart.

in a couple of years you'll very naturally have your own ideas and opinions about qigong. PLEASE don't be in a rush to join the crowd of the elites around here. (and if you look up some of my posts you'll see i'm also in that crowd of folks who think they know everything. so yeah, at any time feel free to toss out anything i have to say as well. :))

i made a thread back in January with newcomers like yourself in mind. i hope you'll take the time to read through it. and i hope that the conversation within the thread will inspire you to walk your own path, and to dare to be a wanderer.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/22213-connecting-with-qi-no-system-required/

• Like 1

I recently read something online where Jeff said that his greatest teacher was Master Wu. That is the same master of Teresa Yeung of Toronto, Canada. He also mentioned another master but I forgot who that was. During an interview with Lama Tatrapa, Jeff stated that he has masters come to his seminars and that he watches them like a hawk to learn their concepts. He said he does not do this to steal their methods, but just to learn. I did his level one qigong dvd for a brief while some years ago and I did not think the methods created much qi compared to other methods that I have done and there was too many repetitions of each one. I understand that he has redone his level one and it no longer has too many reps.

I attended a workshop of Jeff's back in 2014. it was a very attractive option to get CEU credits cheaply for massage therapists, and I received about 4 advertisements in the mail before I said "I'll go check it out" (I didn't actually need the CEU credits so it was out of curiosity at this point)

I suppose I am of the camp that "wow he got me introduced to Qi Gong!" As the Qi was definitely the most palpable I have ever felt. It was like literally floating, there was no effort in doing the forms. I got a spiritual high that broke me of a long depression and out of many patterns that I had gotten myself into.

As a result of these shifts I was "healed" of my eczema that I had dealt with all my life up to that point. It seems to be in remission but I do not have it as a constant as I did before. I also had my eyes opened to organizing the world in terms of the 5 elemental theory which I am grateful, as well as the Food Healing System that I still use for smoothie recipes.

I won't comment on the darker sides of Jeff's personality that have come to light in this thread. I can't say they come as too much a surprise given what that amount of money has the power to do to someone. As for the masters he stated many times that he flew in a lot of masters from China to Florida and learned from them, even though he didn't mention them all by name.

I also met a wonderful person at that seminar who is still dear to my heart. All in all I am grateful that Jeff does the work he does even if his approach and system is questionable and controversial.

As for the forms themselves I can only compare them to Stillness-Movement Nei Gong. At first I thought SM was not as powerful because I was not floating in a sea of qi, which I attributed to there being only 10% of the people in attendance. However Michael told me it was a "different vibration" and that was completely right. Jeff's System does seem designed in an American fashion at "wowing!" the attendees by promising them they will feel qi, so the whole system is designed around this wow factor.

S-M is designed around attuning to the Breath of Tao and being in harmony with that, so naturally it is a more subtle vibration but profound in its own way.

Jeff's system sent me into an extreme inbalance of Fire energy though I do not know if this was due to my own make-up and having been extreme Water and Metal for so long or a combination of both (as many others attended the workshop and did not go through the difficulties in reintegrating that I seemed to). After this I DID get a lot of wrong misconceptions about Qi Gong that I never looked into or researched. I thought it was all about building up energy, and I wanted to avoid that because I had too much after his workshop. I didn't know anything about its potential to ground and balance energy centers.

I eventually made my way back to Qi Gong through a wandering that Nath describes but Jeff did at least open the door.

My honest opinion is that if you are on this site reading about Qi Gong, don't go to Jeff's seminars haha! Unless you need CEUs and do not have other options available because of money, really his seems to be designed, either through his own business aims or the Universe's plan of wanting to raise awareness through him-at spreading the art of Qi Gong and energy cultivation to the masses.

• Like 2

I know Jeff.

Usually, I try and not foster negativity, but in this case I'll make an exception.

And while I usually strive to separate teacher from the teaching, in Jeff's case, that's no longer possible for me.

I have family who were instructors in that system, who traveled with the program and taught for a time.  I got to know several of the core group when they were in town.  Those that I knew well, have all since left and formally severed ties with his organization.  They each of them revealed chilling stories of his mistreatment, threats and abusive behavior.

These stories came out in support of a friend who was physically threatened and illegally evicted and fired by Jeff a little over a year ago, a person whom we all knew and respected.  This person was simultaneously Jeff's employee and tenant, who lived on Jeff's land in Hilo and managed the grounds.  This person used to be a defense systems engineer and after a serious shift in life and consciousness, decided to leave six figure salary for a simpler life close to the land, while preparing for gender reassignment surgery.  Living on that land in seclusion and being close to nature was the perfect seeming setting for his transition to her.

When Jeff found out, he went ballistic.

He fired her on the spot, then repeatedly threatened her with physical violence if she didn't vacate her home in 24 hours.

She of course has filed charges, kept all the threatening communications that were in writing and the case is pending.

Jeff is one of the more reprehensible people I have encountered.

I will no longer spend even a few moments in his personal presence.

I wish him no ill, but if I found him on my bus, I'd get off and walk.

On a positive note, my friend and family are all doing very well. 

• Like 2