froggie

Phowa teaching film

Really nice intro to phowa. The lama seems like a good guy.

mmm.

like him.

thanks for posting this.

would be nice to question him on some stuff.

not debate but question.

...like that he talked about the sound :)

am confused by the timeline that gets mentioned with such stuff

think it can vary a lot but might just be perspective that varies?

that is a spot i'd be interested in questioning someone who practices in such ways as these.

thanks again for posting this.

Shon

Free guided phowa practice and commentaries in mp3 format here:

http://www.palyulproductions.org/html/vajr..._practices.html

No empowerments or transmission required to practice. :)

As the site says "The practice texts below have no purchasing conditions - the practices they contain do not require empowerment or transmission. However, if you get either of these your potential to accomplish the practice increases."

Transferring your mind into Buddha's form sounds like a very cool practice. It's a way to transform one's own identity and not just something that's useful after death.

I'm glad to see the conditions softening up. It's feeling warmer in here.

Really nice intro to phowa. The lama seems like a good guy.

He's not. Better to stay away from him IMO.

I trust you Pero, but what's wrong with him?

I see that a lot. ...A lot of 'cha cha' and 'bla bla', but without any reasons why added to it.

I mean, how good can that be, in the end?

MAYBE... it should become mandatory, or -at least- common courtesy, to (at least try to) explain -why- a yes or a no or something when replying to something? :)

Edited by froggie

I trust you Pero, but what's wrong with him?

I refer to you to a 54 pages long E-Sangha thread about him here.

Actually maybe I shouldn't have said he's not a "nice" guy, but in short he isn't really an authentic teacher and he basically created a kind of cult. What he's teaching are his own interpretations of the dharma mixed with correct teachings, told in a way bound to attract many people who are ignorant of authentic teachings.

Like mahamudra video is a joke, also mentioned in the above thread. "wow, I've got rid of it all, free space and stuff like that", I still can't believe someone claiming to teach mahamudra would actually say something that sounds like a teenager with no understanding would say.

Anyway in there, he says angry people are more suited for Nyingma/dzogchen teachings, intellectuals for Gelug and those with a lot of desire for Kagyu. Now there are indeed some correspondences like that in Tibetan Buddhist teachings. However, from his way of presenting it you would decide Kagyu/Mahamudra is best. Would you prefer to be considered an angry and prideful person, a boring intelectual or a person with a lot of desire and playful mind? I bet most people would go for option three. Guess which lineage is Ole? Kagyu.

A hilarious thing he says in that video is something like Kagyu people like to stay close together and touch each other. LOL.

I see that a lot. ...A lot of 'cha cha' and 'bla bla', but without any reasons why added to it.

Yes well, what I see a lot of is people saying "oh this teacher is nice" without checking if he's authentic or not at all. Then after following a teacher for some time when it turns out he's not so nice or just not suitable for them, they cry foul and complain how they were deceived and all gurus are bad and corrupted. Well gee, why not take the time to check out the teacher and find out before you enter a deeper relationship and get screwed.

And especially these days with the internet it's not so difficult to find out a little about someone.

okay; :) ...that's a goood explanation (not that you have to be bothered with me though, but you don't seem to be anyway) ;):D

*kicks himself out of here* :)

Edited by froggie

Free guided phowa practice and commentaries in mp3 format here:

http://www.palyulproductions.org/html/vajr..._practices.html

No empowerments or transmission required to practice. :)

As the site says "The practice texts below have no purchasing conditions - the practices they contain do not require empowerment or transmission. However, if you get either of these your potential to accomplish the practice increases."

When looking at the photo of http://www.palyulproductions.org/html/free_downloads.html

i wonder if the ornaments on that stool are actually for example put there for people who can not see energy to make things visible for them as to what could be a possibility of manifestation energywise, and a 'what is happening energetically. or what has happened energetically. or what the energy looks like of someone who has done a certain thing.'

but to someone who could possibly see energy this kind of ornaments would not be necessary because they can see some shapes and forms of energy around the person, even if they are sitting in a normal chair.

anyway just some food for thought, possibly. and thinking out loud .....

Like mahamudra video is a joke...

The problem is not that you find mahamudra video to be a joke. The problem is that you think something else is serious. :lol: The world of appearances is a big joke. Your precious "authentic" lamas are frauds. Dreams. Demons. They steal your vital breath and seal your freedom.

I refer to you to a 54 pages long E-Sangha thread about him here.

Actually maybe I shouldn't have said he's not a "nice" guy, but in short he isn't really an authentic teacher and he basically created a kind of cult. What he's teaching are his own interpretations of the dharma mixed with correct teachings, told in a way bound to attract many people who are ignorant of authentic teachings.

Like mahamudra video is a joke, also mentioned in the above thread. "wow, I've got rid of it all, free space and stuff like that", I still can't believe someone claiming to teach mahamudra would actually say something that sounds like a teenager with no understanding would say.

Yes well, what I see a lot of is people saying "oh this teacher is nice" without checking if he's authentic or not at all. Then after following a teacher for some time when it turns out he's not so nice or just not suitable for them, they cry foul and complain how they were deceived and all gurus are bad and corrupted. Well gee, why not take the time to check out the teacher and find out before you enter a deeper relationship and get screwed.

And especially these days with the internet it's not so difficult to find out a little about someone.

whats a cult but a religion that is unnaccepted by the masses, or a structure attempting to dupe its followers into following blindly, or both simtaneously?

his own interpretations of the dharma... so who doesnt give that, oh thats right, the automaton that regurgitates the same exact thing that their teacher taught them in order to make sure the teaching is narrowly "authentic." to me it seems dharma teaching should be colored w/ the masters personal experience.

i have seen a lot of what you speak of going on with the "oh this teacher is nice" thingy. i'll admit i find it a lolish type of snap judgement, but then this could be my own lolish snap judgement. it would be very silly to assert that all gurus are bad and corrupt, similar to the above judgement of hardly examining a teacher before exclaiming how wonderful they are

the i net is a good tool, but i would hardly consider it an accurate depiction of who someone is and thus form a value judgement based on what could be extremely biased information.

to me not listening to someone because they speak in a way you consider childish is on the same level as just immediately asserting that a teacher is nice or all gurus are bad w/out some real discernment. there are plenty of extremely eccentric masters that have been recorded about throughout history. for me, true teaching doesnt always come in an "authentic" package (though it can).

whats a cult but a religion that is unnaccepted by the masses

Diamondway has quite a good following if I'm not mistaken.

his own interpretations of the dharma... so who doesnt give that, oh thats right, the automaton that regurgitates the same exact thing that their teacher taught them in order to make sure the teaching is narrowly "authentic." to me it seems dharma teaching should be colored w/ the masters personal experience.

It should.

the i net is a good tool, but i would hardly consider it an accurate depiction of who someone is and thus form a value judgement based on what could be extremely biased information.

At least one wouldn't go blindly into something.

to me not listening to someone because they speak in a way you consider childish

THe point was that he doesn't really know what he's talking about IMO, not that he said something childish.

oh my mistake in your meaning of "I still can't believe someone claiming to teach mahamudra would actually say something that sounds like a teenager with no understanding would say." :) , i guess we're more on the same page then i thought

More Ole Nydahl
I went to a lecture of his in 2007...

BTW, towards the end of this clip, Khenpo Tsewang Gyatso says that people will show some effects from Phowa practice within 1-6 days. And that EVERYONE in Tibet and India has experienced at least some symptoms by a week.

So, how do you do it? Is it easy? Has anyone here done it and experienced a softening or opening of the crown?

So, how do you do it? Is it easy? Has anyone here done it and experienced a softening or opening of the crown?

vortex: i don't know. but i like your signature line. :)

When looking at the photo of http://www.palyulproductions.org/html/free_downloads.htmli wonder if the ornaments on that stool are actually for example put there for people who can not see energy to make things visible for them as to what could be a possibility of manifestation energywise, and a 'what is happening energetically. or what has happened energetically. or what the energy looks like of someone who has done a certain thing.'

but to someone who could possibly see energy this kind of ornaments would not be necessary because they can see some shapes and forms of energy around the person, even if they are sitting in a normal chair.

anyway just some food for thought, possibly. and thinking out loud .....

Funnily enough I don't really know - I think the ornaments are more like depictions of aspects of Buddhist faith like the Three Jewels etc. The lotus flower can represent purity and power and the rainbow of the elements can symbolise the Buddha familes and by extension their associted enlightened activities of pacifying, enriching, magnetizing and subjugating.