h.uriahr

The Russian Pyro

Interesting yes, convincing sort of, conclusive no.

For me the bottom line is that unless this demonstration is performed in a double blind scientific environment which includes a removal of the long sleeves and independent control of the environment then I will retain my impartial scepticism.

Possible explanations ... invisible lasers is the first off the rank.

Interesting yes, convincing sort of, conclusive no.

For me the bottom line is that unless this demonstration is performed in a double blind scientific environment which includes a removal of the long sleeves and independent control of the environment then I will retain my impartial scepticism.

Possible explanations ... invisible lasers is the first off the rank.

That would be quite some proof; short sleeves (or no shirt), controlled environment, (small sealed featureless room?) And so on? If he would be willing to do that. But the only way to find out if he would not mind to do that would be to ask him.

Invisible laser?.. Do they even exist? :blink:

When I was in my teens and loved to cut school, I would raise my temperature in one selected spot (where I come from we take the temperature under the armpit rather than in the mouth) -- usually took about ten minutes to "run a high fever" -- just enough to convince my parents and then the doctor that I was sick, and enjoy my freedom for a couple of days. No one taught me the method, I invented it (necessity is the mother of invention, right? ;) ) I would imagine a small but fierce fire burning all around the thermometer, almost melting it... melt it didn't, but jump into the fever range it did -- every time. If I ever practiced perfecting this particular skill, maybe I'd learn how to melt it... but what the ef for?.. :lol:

When I was in my teens and loved to cut school, I would raise my temperature in one selected spot (where I come from we take the temperature under the armpit rather than in the mouth) -- usually took about ten minutes to "run a high fever" -- just enough to convince my parents and then the doctor that I was sick, and enjoy my freedom for a couple of days. No one taught me the method, I invented it (necessity is the mother of invention, right? ;) ) I would imagine a small but fierce fire burning all around the thermometer, almost melting it... melt it didn't, but jump into the fever range it did -- every time. If I ever practiced perfecting this particular skill, maybe I'd learn how to melt it... but what the ef for?.. :lol:

You could:

-Eat at a fancy restaurant, start freaking out, raise your temperature, then claim food poisoning and sue

-Never have to worry about using a microwave when eating microwaved food (complain about the health if you like but if you're in a hurry you can't complain)

-Melt your way into bank vaults and walk out with thousands in cold hard cash

-If you jump into a pool and the water is freezing you can heat it up to an appropriate temperature. You can also do this with cold showers, heck, you can live in a cold place and never use the heater, saving untold amounts in heating bills

-Use your superpowers to save people.... like if they were trapped under an avalanche you could get them out a lot faster than digging, and you can help to heat them up to save them from frostbite

See there's tons of stuff you can do, maybe you should give it another try :lol:

You could:

-Eat at a fancy restaurant, start freaking out, raise your temperature, then claim food poisoning and sue

-Never have to worry about using a microwave when eating microwaved food (complain about the health if you like but if you're in a hurry you can't complain)

-Melt your way into bank vaults and walk out with thousands in cold hard cash

-If you jump into a pool and the water is freezing you can heat it up to an appropriate temperature. You can also do this with cold showers, heck, you can live in a cold place and never use the heater, saving untold amounts in heating bills

-Use your superpowers to save people.... like if they were trapped under an avalanche you could get them out a lot faster than digging, and you can help to heat them up to save them from frostbite

See there's tons of stuff you can do, maybe you should give it another try :lol:

in other words, either a life of crime, or a life of crazy adventure would be my only options. I rest my case. :lol:

Actually, there are more 'invisible' lasers than visible ones. They emit infrared rays and are very efficient at burning stuff.

• Like 1

in other words, either a life of crime, or a life of crazy adventure would be my only options. I rest my case. :lol:

Hey, you could always just stick with energy and time saving strategies (no more heating related bills). And even if you DON'T live on the extreme of good or bad, you can still make some money by putting it to practical, everyday uses.

So, I mean, if someone REALLY had pyrokinesis, they wouldn't need to go around on stage and camera putting on pyro shows. Plenty of ways to make (or just save) money and live a comfortable life without having to get in the spotlight.

Hey, you could always just stick with energy and time saving strategies (no more heating related bills). And even if you DON'T live on the extreme of good or bad, you can still make some money by putting it to practical, everyday uses.

So, I mean, if someone REALLY had pyrokinesis, they wouldn't need to go around on stage and camera putting on pyro shows. Plenty of ways to make (or just save) money and live a comfortable life without having to get in the spotlight.

Well, in my experience, it wasn't very energy-efficient -- I actually felt tired afterwards, almost ill for about an hour after the "show." The guy in the video also complains of being tired, by the way.

Incidentally, now that I know a bit about how the Five Phases work, and the fact I'm of the Wood phase with too much Fire, this explains a thing or two to me -- e.g., why some people are naturally equipped to learn something like this, perhaps to widely varying extents, and why at least some of them shouldn't do it. For me it would have been a really stupid idea to perfect this skill. (Most things that come easy to anyone are red flags of qi-squandering along the path of the least resistance: if a phase that is over-represented is feeding off your proprietary one, it's both easy and devastating to get good at whatever it supports. Many a genius would avoid dying young if he or she knew it... As Zhuangzi put it, "a sage has qi but doesn't let it run errands, has shen but doesn't exploit it." This is one thing a "double-blind placebo-controlled study" will never be able to phase in: the best of the best simply won't do it. If it is being demoed in order to entertain, "prove," or otherwise exploit the skill, it's not top of the line to begin with.)

Anyway, I do appreciate the goodwill of all the money-making and money-saving tips! :)

Actually, there are more 'invisible' lasers than visible ones. They emit infrared rays and are very efficient at burning stuff.

And are portable enough to conceal in one's sleeve?

Either infrared or ultraviolet. And yeah, most lasers for industrial or research purposes (a.k.a. those with enough power to make you a steak in a really really short time :P ) are in fact not visible to the bare eye.

And are portable enough to conceal in one's sleeve?

Uhm...no. But could be placed for instance over the head (outside the camera frame) and directed downwards to the target. Further edit: You can guide those around in a glass fiber cable...so while the source of the laser itself would rather not fit your sleeves... such a cable could be placed there.

Against this speaks that probably every sane person who knows what they are dealing with would want to wear protective glasses lol

Edited by bakeneko

Guys,

The video in question has been released and filmed without the master's permission. They were told to film only the hands and the video was supposed to be only for personal use, but just like in case of John Chang the guys that took the video tricked him and put it on youtube. For a while it has been removed, because the master found out, but now it was put back by some other idiot.

Anyway there are no lasers involved - the guy is for real - His name is Roman he is from Kazahstan and he has abilities similar to John Chang and there are students of his that have his abilities too. He is not at the level of John Chang but he is at a very high level. He treats other people with his energy and also belongs to a tradition of martial art that uses this energy for combat. I have talked to him and to a couple of his students - they have a very interesting system and all of them have very high moral guidelines based on a very specific karmic theory. Everything they do is being classified into three actions: either Positive or Negative or Neutral (Useless like they call it).

Guys,

The video in question has been released and filmed without the master's permission. They were told to film only the hands and the video was supposed to be only for personal use, but just like in case of John Chang the guys that took the video tricked him and put it on youtube. For a while it has been removed, because the master found out, but now it was put back by some other idiot.

Anyway there are no lasers involved - the guy is for real - His name is Roman he is from Kazahstan and he has abilities similar to John Chang and there are students of his that have his abilities too. He is not at the level of John Chang but he is at a very high level. He treats other people with his energy and also belongs to a tradition of martial art that uses this energy for combat. I have talked to him and to a couple of his students - they have a very interesting system and all of them have very high moral guidelines based on a very specific karmic theory. Everything they do is being classified into three actions: either Positive or Negative or Neutral (Useless like they call it).

Do you think he would be interested to join here? (or something?)

yes infrared light is invisible to the human eye, and will burn a hole right through paper like that.

Will it melt plastic cups in the way that it also does in the video? (not a small hole but an expanding opening)

Everything they do is being classified into three actions: either Positive or Negative or Neutral (Useless like they call it).

This sounds much like Gurdjieff's system.

Edited by yiannis

Will it melt plastic cups in the way that it also does in the video? (not a small hole but an expanding opening)

Yes it will. You will just have to defocus the beam.

Overall, the laser thing looks unlikely after I have watched the video. Unless the whole video is a stunt.

It's very hard to know absolutely if something like that is real or not. There is technology available that can do the same thing with the cups and paper. An infrared laser, or a microwave emitter can do similar things.

And that's only normal. Think about it. If everything you see is there by the power of the mind, then technology is also there by the same power. So then it makes sense that technology should be able to duplicate either every or almost every spiritual power, because technology is itself a type of spiritual power in the first place. The only difference is that tech is using spiritual power at an unconscious level, without the full understanding of what it is using. The way we arrive at a tech is by watching effects in nature. Unfortunately very little thought is spent on the ultimate meaning of those effects. Mostly people just learn how to repeat the effect, but not what it means, as far as tech is concerned.

I like to believe that this guy is for real, but if you are out for rigor, there is no way to verify something like that using a youtube video.

There is a long thread on arion.ru. forum. Unfortunately I do not speak Russian very well but someone speaking might be willing to find out more about him and his techniques. I tried to use google translator but it did not work very well for me. I know that his students are posting information about him.

Link to forum: http://ariom.ru/forum/t22114-0-asc-465.html

PsiNomad

You're believing a pyrokinesis video.. found on YOUTUBE?

Hmm...

Do I believe a video or a video found on Youtube? Does youtube automatically discredit the demonstration?

I believe firmly that John Chang is real and I KNOW Santiago is real so youtube doesnt automatically mean fake. The video didnt originate there either.

I happen to believe that there's a good chance that it's not fake. That's what I believe. :)

There is a long thread on arion.ru. forum. Unfortunately I do not speak Russian very well but someone speaking might be willing to find out more about him and his techniques. I tried to use google translator but it did not work very well for me. I know that his students are posting information about him.

Link to forum: http://ariom.ru/forum/t22114-0-asc-465.html

PsiNomad

I can read Russian perfectly. If anything in particular is interesting to you, I can translate here. Mostly it's just inane banter as you'd expect. Nothing extraordinary is being said to my mind. Just what you'd expect. People discussing how good Roman (the guy in the video) looks. Talking about the nature of siddhis and the goal of good life, etc. Someone brings up "Matrix" the movie, yak yak yak. There are one or two wise people posting on that thread. Like the guy who said that enjoying every day is better than merely living a long life. That's gold. Mostly people don't notice wise things and just yak about nonsense. They're also talking about Bruce Lee further down. The thread is going all over the place.

Edited by goldisheavy