Mal

Live to 101 without even trying

I could be wrong but I believe this comes from a book, one of the two... The Okinawa Diet Plan or The Okinawa Program

Basically... the books are based on a few different study's that are 15-20 years old when they were finished with the them (supposedly) and the culture back then comes from a tradition of Okinawa's that originally weren't Japanese at all. A different culture... that separated themselves from Japan. In at least one of those books it tells you about a Ancient people where they found a stone tablet claiming some sort of phrase that i don't wanna even try and quote it. Anyway they considered adults to live to be 130-140. According to the quote.

They now have McDonald's all over the place and the average of how long people live their is kind of different each study they conduct... And their are a whole bunch of them anyway...

The Diet... is well definately marketed is all i should say on the subject... but interesting to read about.

Yes the Okinawa stuff is well know, as you pointed out, usually packaged into a diet and forced down peoples throats :) I like how the show then went to the Mediterranean family. Almost a polar opposite, diet wise. About the only common thing was alcohol consumption.

So I'm guessing a diet that suits "your genertics" is the important thing.

Anyone heard about the religion stat before?

Anyone heard about the religion stat before?

I have on occasions.

In a health class i had in high school they divided health into 4 aspects

physical

mental

social

spiritual

I guess being spiritual would open people to more healing energy thus prolonging life?

^_^

Actually I believe the reason they associate religion and spirituality to longevity is because of community and hope, and faith that there is something out there besides just you. Additionally, beliefs in the afterlife probably play a huge role.

Knowing that someone hears your prayers, and knowing that there is a special quality to life makes it more worth living.

For those of you who are interested, google "blue zones". It speaks all about this.

Edited by DaoChild

Mal,

This is the thing Qi Kung and meditation to me doesnt truly extend your life it cultivates Qi for the next life as you can see a lot of cultures dont even do kung fu/qi kung and live longer them alot of Qi Kung REAL cultivators there is no guarentee in Qi Kung or Kung Fu. So at the end of the day our practice is to make us feel good during the time we are doing it. Where it takes us during the movements the whole experience!

Some people eat really good and still die young.....what the f@ck we to do hahahahah!!

Just live now and enjoy all we have in the NOW!

Ape