Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

chikung, kundalini and spontaneous chikung are bad website

Guest sykkelpump

This site rocks!!

http://www.dangerofchi.org/

Puts us out of business and all, but there are some good nuggets in there.

wanted to see what bs this was,when I read that he said chi was not real I stopped reading.waste of time

hehe...argumentum ad timorem...dont mess with anything, you might break it!!! :lol:

Meditation is a transformative process, just like any other exercise, only it is transforming the mind. Just as the night is blackest before it begins to get light again, Attachments and habits grasp on to you with all of their might when you do something that serves to eliminate them. Whether you get through them safely is simply a matter of will and correct practice.

Edited by joeblast

if chi isn't real, then there shouldn't be any harm in it at least.

:lol:

I for one enjoy the site. Of course we don't have to agree with it to enjoy it, and think of it as well written and thought out. It's just another way of looking at the qi phenomenon.

Of course it's really fear based and not true (in my opinion). But reading such an opposing viewpoint can reveal great things to us about our own practice. Like...if someone is getting negative effects, then maybe something is wrong! Also it brings up a great point - should we get into something we think is detrimental to our souls (really)...such as bowing to a statue?

Obviously if we think something is wrong, then it will be wrong for us!

A side note: I've had some Muslim friends tell me more about jinns and apparently the author doesn't understand what they actually are. So at least according to my friends, jinns are not qi.

In my personal experience, neigong practices have revealed more of my own Christian spirituality. It's experiential now, instead of just theoretical. To me, qi is more like the power of God running through the body. And if you actually read the Bible, there are many accounts of God's power working through people. I mean, has this author actually opened the Old Testament...with Moses parting the Red Sea...has he seen those parts in the New Testament where Jesus walks on water...? :lol:

But regardless...I think it's a good read, and I enjoy to look at it from time to time.

Now don't beat me up here... but there's a hint of truth. The IDEA/conceptualization of Chi is just a thought, it's not 'the real thing'.

Another way of saying that is Chi is real, it's label is just a label and not the thing in and of itself.

His a fundamental muslim, I know this cause I'm ex-muslim. The chanting are verses from the quran.

For example, I have to keep my practice and beliefs to myself, if my family ever found out that i practice qigong and if the country was ruled by shariah law (which the UK is not) then... i would be prosecuted, the punishment would depend on different traditions, in my tradition you would be stoned to death and then burnt, this is called called "tazir".

No discrimination against muslims intended, I apologize if i have offended anyone. I was just explaining one type of Islam.

Fundamental Christian sounds like.... I have seen the site before but chose not to read it all.

Fundamental Christians have lost serious track a (relatively) long time ago. i seriously figure. :)

too bad the indoctrination-style doesn't allow for coming-to-senses (relative term again) ;)

probably started not too long after Jesus Christ left himself, actually. ;)

<rhetoric> How many and grande misinterpretations and misrepresentations is a living being capable of, actually?! </rhetoric>

Typical or a-typical case of 'the damaged' doing even more damage than good*?*

Now don't beat me up here... but there's a hint of truth. The IDEA/conceptualization of Chi is just a thought, it's not 'the real thing'.

Another way of saying that is Chi is real, it's label is just a label and not the thing in and of itself.

hm....where is my inflatable hammer? :lol::rolleyes:

Fundamental Christians have lost serious track a (relatively) long time ago. i seriously figure. :)

too bad the indoctrination-style doesn't allow for coming-to-senses (relative term again) ;)

<rhetoric> How many and grande misinterpretations and misrepresentations is a living being capable of, actually?! </rhetoric>

Couldn't agree more but it's difficult to use broad strokes. I honestly feel very badly for them and frankly any other fundamentalist groups. I think a lot of them really mean well but go about it in a way that is counter to that intention. Obviously there are others with maligned intentions, some in the middle, etc. (aka the difficult of using large groups).

But, if we watch our response to messages like these, it can be a real eye-opener... or the same with someone hitting me over the head with an inflatable hammer :P

But, if we watch our response to messages like these, it can be a real eye-opener... or the same with someone hitting me over the head with an inflatable hammer :P

:)

(p.s. i get it. nice one.) =) cheers. p.s.s. i will like to agree. :)

Fundamental Christian sounds like.... I have seen the site before but chose not to read it all.

The site is based on Islamic faith. I just read alot more.

Have you came to YOUR senses?

The site is based on Islamic faith. I just read alot more.

Have you came to YOUR senses?

short answer: definately yes.

long answer: nevermind, the question is probably too narrowly intended to even begin to slightly grant a serious answer to.

Edited by froggie

Fascinating reading, fascinating.

What was that older couple who were intense energy workers where they unlocked some kind of crazy thing in Egypt and think it gave the woman cancer and there was discussion here about how this kind of stuff can be dangerous, appealing and hard to resist, but not benign? Reading this link reminded me of them and the discussion about them here.

Plus some interesting debate on how harmful, or harmless the pursuit of power is (and money, or popularity, or other things similar to power). My guess is that the pursuit of power itself can draw one towards evil, whether one is a Taoist or a Muslim or whatever.

Plus some interesting debate on how harmful, or harmless the pursuit of power is (and money, or popularity, or other things similar to power). My guess is that the pursuit of power itself can draw one towards evil, whether one is a Taoist or a Muslim or whatever.

Well I doubt that anybody starts out going, "I want to become a power hungry bastard and use my powers to evilly control peoples' minds!" (well I'm sure SOME people do... but few probably ever make it that far). I'm sure everyone has their good intentions.

But as the saying goes, "the path to hell is paved with good intentions."

I agree it makes for fascinating discussions though :)

Sign in to follow this