deci belle

Stopping and Seeing

There is nothing more to say, this is wonderful, I mean as far as the mind goes. As far as knowledge goes your feeling has a pulse, a pulse that we all share and know without need of articulation. After reading the TAO TE Ching for the first time I realized that I was a taoist since birth. Beleive it or not, what you have written is as profound in a similiar way. My process of liberation has undoubtedly begun, but I need guidance in a general sense. Maybe you could refer me to a source of proper discipline? Websites, authors, whatever? Ifeel as though I've sort of been lost lately, or have I? I dunno.

Thank you for those very inspirational words!

From what I understand, the first step in taoist alchemy is silencing the mind. That could mean the normal slow and clear thinking that happens in meditation, but if it means the complete stop of mind interfering in reality it is a completely different game. It seems that most practitioners say "silencing the mind" means a 30 minute meditation every day. But true silence of the mind can not happen without a many days of meditation retreat. When mind is still you can see reality. Many people see this as the goal, the end of all inner work. I believe this is when it all finally starts. And what we are doing up until then is only fantacy and dreaming.

Edited by sheng zhen

It seems that most practitioners say "silencing the mind" means a 30 minute meditation every day. But true silence of the mind can not happen without a many days of meditation retreat. When mind is still you can see reality. Many people see this as the goal, the end of all inner work. I believe this is when it all finally starts. And what we are doing up until then is only fantacy and dreaming.

Thankyou. Joe.