Mandrake

Slipped disc/Hernia

?

If i am correct a slipped disc is a problem with spinal alignment,

and a hernia is a tear in the intestinal lining.

Were you mistaken, am i mistaken, or does your friend have both?

also

in what position does your friend sleep?

Edited by phore

I have the same problem due to excess training in sparring. Your friend should do an MRI first, to see what exactly is the problem. In most cases(including mine) it is forbidden to go to a chiropract. It might get things worst. Tell him to go to a doctor.He might have to live with that for the next of his life, so he needs to be extra caucious with training, lifting weights..

Thanks everybody.

He is pretty much 100% sedentary. Sits in front of his computer all the time, so I guess that muscular/structural imbalances are part of the problem.

Actually, he's not sure that he has hernia, but by his own research on the net he suspects so. Something is wrong nevertheless.

phore - don't know what position he sleeps in. I'll ask.

Does anybody know anything about the following:

http://www.losethebackpain.com/getstarted.html

?

Thanks everybody.

He is pretty much 100% sedentary. Sits in front of his computer all the time, so I guess that muscular/structural imbalances are part of the problem.

Actually, he's not sure that he has hernia, but by his own research on the net he suspects so. Something is wrong nevertheless.

phore - don't know what position he sleeps in. I'll ask.

Does anybody know anything about the following:

http://www.losethebackpain.com/getstarted.html

?

Obviously it all depends on what exactly is wrong with his back - but I injured my back anout 6-7 years ago and the advice then was that for 99% of back pain the therapy is physio + exercise. I used physiotherapy, yoga and massage - which relieved the severe pain. I still get probs if I don't exercise properly - tai chi is good to keep back moving. If he is sedantry then it is prob postural.

First thing though is to get proper diagnosis which might mean a scan.

Mandrake, re. your link, doctors and therapists go to school for years and constant continuing ed to evaluate and treat back pain, I'm skeptical of a do it yourself book and it doesn't look like any research just testiminials. Sometimes they'll refer to a herniated disc, is that what you're talking about or abdominal or inguinal hernia? Back is complicated to try to figure out on your own or over the internet, the big thing is how bad are his neurological symptoms if lots of shooting pain, numbness and or tingling or muscle weakness in the leg really need scans and medical treatment, if local back pain maybe can try exercise and home treatment first, but better get hernia ckecked too. If you want to spend 100$ for something simple maybe forget the book and buy him a pool membership, exercises in water would be a good way for him to start to move and be a little more active without hurting himself if he's heavy, sedentary and having pain.

since starting kap Ive seen a few cases of spinal realignment while practicing the inner smile.

Mainly using it on myself, and once on santiago when he was teaching us.

You can learn the inner smile from pathnotes of an american ninja master by Glenn Morris

or the kap 1 course

mantak chia teaches a different version of the smile.

^_^