Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Help me

This year of the OX is really unsettling me. Unemployed while living in the always impure human society and almost broke.

I am carrying 3 Chinese coins in my wallet tied with a red ribbon, but this is good for money not job prospects as the Ox is related to work. And work is what I need, I need desperately a job (of course I am looking for it but nothing, they say this is a bad time because of the downturn we are currently in).

I read water attracts work, so placing a small fountain or an aquarium with golden fish at home is an effective method to achieve that. However I am too broke at the moment to buy luxurious items let alone those pricey Feng Shui portable fountains.

Is there another alternative and affordable method?

I also need to know the exact location for it. I have a compass so I wouldn't have any issues with installing it in the right place. Last thing I need is putting it in the wrong direction and attract more bad luck, which for God's sake I have plentiful. No, thanks!

Btw, I was born is 1966 (Fire Horse).

Bad karma is catching up with me, damn it!!!

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure you know this and I wasn't going to post.... but you never know.

Network Network Network. I've never got a job from an advert in the paper. It's always been through people I know.

Friends in large organizations (like a hospital :P ) can let you know what jobs are coming up and how to apply "correctly" to get one. Qhealth always has operational jobs (unskilled manual work) available, but it can be hard to land the permenant ones. Most of us get in by being casual first and only get the full time ones if we "Get on" with people.

Friends in small business will almost always be looking for a good worker, or know someone who is.

Do anything (pretty much) to get some cash. Then you can eat while you harass people for your dream job.

You are in Brisbane, yes?

Hi Mal,

Yes I am in Bris. I am aware of the networking thing, the quickest and most reliable method. For instance there was a job I applied yesterday for working in customer service (basically picking up calls) for Brisbane City Council and 907 people applied. They are looking for 6 people. I don't have experience in this area. Chances of landing this job: 0.00011%. Actually my application was automatically rejected.

About networking. It takes time for sure. I have asked some acquaintances and waiting for some replies.

I have higher education qualifications and experience in my field but at the moment the market in Bris is slow as well. The only reason I am staying in here is because of Bagua training. It's easier to train in the backyard than having to move to China to learn from a Beijing-based master. And there is no way on earth that I would move out before I have a solid foundation which is going to take me at least 3 yrs. Until then stuck in this freaking place. It looks the whole planet has put its eye on Brisbane, Queensland, Australia!

Stigweard,

???

I am familiar with those techniques. But sorry I am an energy player. Yin & Yang is my earth philosophy and follow it religiously. Thanks anyway. :)

Stigweard,

???

I am familiar with those techniques. But sorry I am an energy player. Yin & Yang is my earth philosophy and follow it religiously. Thanks anyway. :)

It's all good my friend. I believe a wise man once said something along the lines of "If you want change then something must change. You can't expect different results by doing the things you have always done. If our current mindset is producing unsatisfactory results then we must change our mindset."

Until then stuck in this freaking place. It looks the whole planet has put its eye on Brisbane, Queensland, Australia!

:D Same reason I'm in Townsville. We want to live in Cairns. Hopefully Sifu will keep teaching until I'm at a level where I can continue on by myself otherwise I'm going to end up in Brisbane too :(

Good luck in the search.... about the only Bums I know in Bris are KoHsuan and you. Could be worth a pm to see if he knows of anything.

Genuine question: what is it about Brisbane that you guys don't like?

It's not Cairns :D I don't really like Townsville either. If I had to live in a big city, Bris is probably the "best" option, but I'm a small town person.

Also if I had to move to Bris I can't afford to live where I want. So would probably end up traveling 2 hrs to work each day :(

Genuine question: what is it about Brisbane that you guys don't like?

It is quickly becoming a big city. Real State is insane (like the rest of the world's capital cities anyway), traffic is bad, poor road system, and not many jobs. I like it being laid back but it is quickly losing this character.

Anyway, this is way off-topic, lol!

Regards.

Hey there, fire horses are rare and brilliant creatures, i am lucky enough to have a sister who is a firehorse and some friends also, they seem to have insatiable energy and creativity, funnily enough i read somewhere that the Chinese considered fire horses bad luck for the family and tried to avoid having them? not sure if thats true or not, as for brisbane i grew up there, and at a certaint point just had to get the hell out of there and havent lived there since, mabey its just the hometown thing but it seemed to have this energy that made it dificult for people to progress, i still go back there now and see people doing the same thing they were doing ten years ago, back in the day when it was much more sleepy it was a good place to hang out and do nothing though, i have been enjoying the change of energy with the ox compared to the rat, i have moved back up to queensland in the last couple of years -sunshine coast and am hoping to start commuting to brisbane to train at a Cheng Ming school that i think is in salisbury anyways just wanted to say peace and that i know how bris bring you down james

Hey there, fire horses are rare and brilliant creatures, i am lucky enough to have a sister who is a firehorse and some friends also, they seem to have insatiable energy and creativity, funnily enough i read somewhere that the Chinese considered fire horses bad luck for the family and tried to avoid having them? not sure if thats true or not, as for brisbane i grew up there, and at a certaint point just had to get the hell out of there and havent lived there since, mabey its just the hometown thing but it seemed to have this energy that made it dificult for people to progress, i still go back there now and see people doing the same thing they were doing ten years ago, back in the day when it was much more sleepy it was a good place to hang out and do nothing though, i have been enjoying the change of energy with the ox compared to the rat, i have moved back up to queensland in the last couple of years -sunshine coast and am hoping to start commuting to brisbane to train at a Cheng Ming school that i think is in salisbury anyways just wanted to say peace and that i know how bris bring you down james

You are so right!!!!!!!! I knew there was something wrong with this place. Did you know that Aboriginal people stayed out of this place? Never settled down. And Indigenous people are good at reading the environment and understanding about how Feng Shui really works.

Finally someone that understands this stuff. Brisbane river (Yin) and the Yang energy of the area itself plus the Yin energy coming from the ocean are mixed very poorly. They rise too much steam which creates a lot of stale and blocked energy. Humidity is unbearable. No wonder why school kids perform poorly, their spirits are more sensitive to rogue energy than adults. Living in Brisbane is not a good idea in the long run.

Have you moved down to Syd. or Melb.?

I am out of here once I finish my training.

Good luck and Happy Chinese New Year!!

1233244485007146700.jpg

Sign in to follow this