Sign in to follow this  
hagar

hagars obstacles

In the past weeks I have gotten into a real rut in my practice, and I am open to suggestions as to how I should get throught this.

I'm as motivated as ever before these days, as I can feel the need for practice/qigong now more than ever, but at the same time, there's this really uncomfortable resistance towards just creating time and get down to business...

I know that its probably something to do with unresolved energetic issues that comes up as resistance, but I also feel that it has alot to do with expectations, and impatience towards what the practice will or should "bring". If I feel no real progress, or subjectively tell myself that there's nothing happening, I guess I get demotivated.

But at the core, this is like a real challenge in my practice, and I wonder what you guys have to say about it: Resistance reveals that you need to let go of illusions and ideals that has no reality, and are bound up with the ego.

So everytime I sit now, I get impatient and angry or atleast irritated, and everytime I do qigong I get frustrated and tell myself that I'm just waving my hands in the air.

Better get back to plundering and creating havoc like my ancestors instead. That, atleast brought real results. :twisted:

sigh...

h :evil:

THERE IS A GENNERAL FEELIN OF *TIME RUNNIN OUT*, EVERYBODY FEELS IN A HURRY N MEDDITATIN FEELS LIKE A WASTE O' TIME.

DA REASON IS BECAUSE DA MIND IS AGITATED BY POISONS N BY ELECTROMAGNETIC DISTURBANCES CAUSED BY BLACK TAO MASTERS.

IT'S A WAR. I RECOMMEND FASTING TO SLOW DOWN DA MIND N FIND JOY IN DA MOMENT. AS FOR KICKIN ASS, WELL THAT WOULD BE GREAT TOO, BUT ONLY IF IT IS AIMED, NOT IF IT IS RANDOM.

BYE NOW

Following the 5 precepts diligently will prevent restlessness in mind.

Hope you don't have to go for a cold beer again this time.

Metta to all,

Harry Pain :lol:

Hagar,

This is normal. Let it run its course. Relax. Take your focus off of meditation and chigung and just take a break and allow yourself to be whatever you feel like doing.

Then, after a bit, you will be ready to get back into the saddle...

Peace,

Matt

LIFE IS AN EMMERGENCY SITTUATION. PEOPLE WHO MAKE PROIGRESS ARE THOSE WHO FORCE THEMSELVES INTO MEDDITATION ALL DA MORE WHEN THEY DONT *FEEL* LIKE.

LOOK AT DA HISTORY OF DA SPIRRITTUAL GIANTS, N TELL ME IF ANY OF THEM LIVES DIDNT INVOLVE STRUGGLES N SPIRRITTUAL WARS.

FOR ALL ONE OF DA BEST EXAMPLES IS, LIFE OF MILAREPA.

I RECCOMMEND ALL TO READ IT. I HAVE DA EVANS-WENTZ VERSION N KNOW IT ALMOST BY HEART. READ IT BY ALL MEANS.

BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATITONS ARE TO BE FOUND HERE:

http://c-level.com/milarepa/

DA THING IS, THERE ARE MANY SHENS WITTHIN N NOT ALL O THEM BE FRIENDLY. SOME MUST BE CONQUERED N REDUCED INTO SLAVERY IN ORDER TO DO GOOD WORK.

DA PROBLEM IS, WE ASSUME ALL THOUGHTS ARISIN FROM OUR BODY TO BE OUR FRIENDS. TRUTH IS, MANY OF EM BE OUR DEADLY ENEMIES. DONT TRUST YER THOUGHTS, EVER!!!!!!!!

THIS MAY SOUND HARSH, BUT EXISTENCE IS HARSHER. JUST ASK BIKKHU HARRY.

FIGHT THOU SON O' ODINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW

RJ

Obstacles in practice usually mean that you aren't getting enough grooviness from it. Maybe focus more on sexual practices to get more joy. Maybe a cup of tea before practicing will give it more zing. If you are over 2 hours of practice a day, sometimes it's a good idea to periodize a bit. It's not a problem, it's just feedback that is important to listen to. May the force be with you!

-Yoda

thanks everyone!

Good pats on the back...

Just to reveal my ignorance, what are the 5 precepts?

:oops:

h

Tell me about before you were born...

Tell me what it is that you notice now?

:)

Very nice story Ron. There is a time and place for everything... becuase one needs a break does not mean that one is not devoted. Practice can become an attachement that needs to be let go of at times, especially when it becomes practice for the sake of practice. What is one devoted to, practice or the Tao?

Inner Peace,

Matt

In the past weeks I have gotten into a real rut in my practice, and I am open to suggestions as to how I should get throught this.

I'm as motivated as ever before these days, as I can feel the need for practice/qigong now more than ever, but at the same time, there's this really uncomfortable resistance towards just creating time and get down to business...

I know that its probably something to do with unresolved energetic issues that comes up as resistance, but I also feel that it has alot to do with expectations, and impatience towards what the practice will or should "bring". If I feel no real progress, or subjectively tell myself that there's nothing happening, I guess I get demotivated.

But at the core, this is like a real challenge in my practice, and I wonder what you guys have to say about it: Resistance reveals that you need to let go of illusions and ideals that has no reality, and are bound up with the ego.

So everytime I sit now, I get impatient and angry or atleast irritated, and everytime I do qigong I get frustrated and tell myself that I'm just waving my hands in the air.

Better get back to plundering and creating havoc like my ancestors instead. That, atleast brought real results. :twisted:

sigh...

h :evil:

asshole

get creative

<3

forresten kan du ikke slippe unna med dommedagshelvete om japanfaenskapet uten å fortelle meg HVA SKAL JEG GJØRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!skal jeg kjøpe potassium?????????? hvorfor skal vi ikke BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????

faen her var det dato loop hehe. dårlig gjort. men jeg fikk iallefall bannet og spurt.

actually I stumbled upon this post looking for the post where shakti mammy has posted jennybaahs declaration

say when did shaktimum become bahbahs student.

everything here is disgusting today

Edited by rain

I don't really believe in "proper practice". Proper practice, IMO, is what works for you, right now. So it's changing all the time (and is cyclical like a sine wave).

Because Yin practice (surrender of self, dissolution of boundaries) feels so liberating, it implies that it is the right practice. But IME, it is equally important to practice in the uncomfortable Yang realm (what hurts, what irritates, what freaks out).

In dance, when there is resistance to practice, the resistance itself, becomes my practice. Where I feel impediment, is where I put my attention. The dance centers in the irritation, in the soreness, the fatigue, the spasm.

If practice gives rise to frustration, then maybe make the frustration what you meditate on. If impatience is gnawing at you, gnaw back. These emotions are not to be avoided, any more than anything else. Give them a chance to be your dance partners, your beloved beings, for awhile.

Have you ever gone bungy jumping or bridge diving?

You don't think about it, you just do it.

Now is forever, it's always going to be now, so if you don't do it now, you never will.

actually I stumbled upon this post looking for the post where shakti mammy has posted jennybaahs declaration

say when did shaktimum become bahbahs student.

everything here is disgusting today

rain,

What an astonishing feat of necromancy you have performed! 4 and a half years ago... :D

Perhaps these links will be of use to you:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/13156-sifu-jenny-lambs-upcoming-yi-gong-seminars/page__st__32__p__241204entry241204

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17830-a-message-from-sifu-jenny-lamb/

Sign in to follow this