eighty4proof

Capitalism Almost Ended

For those outside UK - please note that the Daily Mail is basically a right wing propaganda rag.

Lord Myners also said that bank executives had been 'grossly over-rewarded' during the 'golden days' of big bonuses. 'They are people who have no sense of the broader society around them,' he said. 'There is quite a lot of annoyance and much of that is justified.'

This basically means that the poor are always suffering the excesses of the rich.

Nothing new under the sun.

Next!

*shrugs* I'm not sure if my loan could be considered subprime or not, but I made sure I had a fixed rate, I didnt put one cent down...and I have no issues with paying it. I got something I could afford. I just wish I got off my ass and sold this place 2 years ago when I had the inkling, I woulda made fifty grand. :lol:

An interesting article on just how bad the world economy really is at the moment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...s-collapse.html

The banking system will never collapse by accident or by the mistakes of a few rogue bankers.

It's my opinion that mid 2009 will be when reality finally hits ground level, meaning inflation on a pretty strong scale. This will last for a couple of years while progressively getting worse. People will think housing has bottomed only to find out that it hasn't, and the bottom feeders will get shaken out in 2010. by 2011, life will not be easy for the average Westerner, which at around this time will be when a new system of banking as well as preliminary changes in the system will begin to occur (aka return to a semi-Gold Standard)

In my opinion it is not bad to strive for the most that you can get, for example it is okay to strive to become a millionair, but should it be allowed to become better yourself by harming others? or if someone does it in a way that harms others should be made 100% sure that the others are repaid and that the attempter is left with nothing (like it isn't that case mostly now)

to put it simple: as long as one is not harming any other one, it's ok. but if even 1 is harmed in any way then all of their wealth should be repaid. (for example to people suffering)

That's justice imo, and that's a system that any country should have, especially one's who want to call themselved democratic, fair, and so on. It's not right to call yourself democratic if you do not do this, even capitalism should go by that law in my opinion, no exceptions. :)

what do you (everyone) think about that statement?

Suppose the government uses your tax dollars to harm others, as a matter of policy. Is it OK to pursue a higher income, and thereby enter a higher tax bracket?

Answers may include Yes, No, and It's Complicated. ;)

Suppose the government uses your tax dollars to harm others, as a matter of policy. Is it OK to pursue a higher income, and thereby enter a higher tax bracket?

Answers may include Yes, No, and It's Complicated. ;)

Any government should be a people's government (quite literally, and in all ways)

If someone wants to be independent of government, then it would be a government's duty and respect to leave those particular individuals alone. (so in a sense it is a waste to have a multi-party government, a government should be all-in-one, no exclusivity, no exceptions, just one party for all people and all exceptions (complicated as it sounds, simple as it could/can be). Likewise anyone who has a request to a government should be heard and helped.

A government is not there to tell you what you must do.

A government is/should be there to listen to you/everyone and make your/everyone's wish possible.

As individuals and as groups together.

The only rule, i guess(?) would be that anything that harms another is not allowed. That's all.

(Simple? Yes. (i think so). Doable? Hm, yes. probably. ....why not? Why *shouldn't* that work?)

.....? :) give me some replies so i can reply back =)

Now that I think about it. There is no real capitalism, corporate welfare or bailouts are not part of capitalism.

Also, you need CAPITAL in order to have capitalism. I'll just call it DEBTISM.

good one.

Well, if its any consolation the rich are getting poorer too :)

B)

Yes by 2-3 million less, but they still got 20 million under the belt. Don't believe all the hype. It is just

I would replace the term "Religion" for "Hope" in the famous expression coined by Marx:

"Die Religion...ist das Opium des Volkes"

The banking system will never collapse by accident or by the mistakes of a few rogue bankers.

It's my opinion that mid 2009 will be when reality finally hits ground level, meaning inflation on a pretty strong scale. This will last for a couple of years while progressively getting worse. People will think housing has bottomed only to find out that it hasn't, and the bottom feeders will get shaken out in 2010. by 2011, life will not be easy for the average Westerner...

I am ready for the rock 'n' roll; ready to wander in the mountains of Asia with the minimum. I met recently a Western monk who is mentally and physically prepared for this new world order. He just left the UK to start a new life in Thailand carrying only his small backpack and a laptop (lol!).

Humanity is going to suffer a lot more. The times of breeding like rabbits and predating from Gaia are over:

http://math.berkeley.edu/~galen/popclk.html

What a joke:

6,726,158,405 the time I wrote this and COUNTING!

I sound negative but the only way we could fix this if suddenly all humans stop and start acting rationally.

Anyway it is an old teaching. Read this info:

1233187817050205000.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agni_Yoga

Good luck everyone!

So what are the finacial books that you have been raving about for years?

Books like "The Millionaire Next Door" that teach you how to live below your means and save consistently so that when you retire you've go a million plus dollars to live your golden years with.

I've given up everything meaning my "stable" job and home and am traveling across the country to find other chuan people true to the music. I can work anywhere. The time to cross the world for pilgrimage is now. If your not where you want to be, move there, get there, crawl there, fly there, fall down there, or die right where you are. If your not teaching and practicing age old skills the time to start is now. Live it. Be.

"Suffocation. Suffocate with no room to breath.

Forgive us for 'now' is too late.

This is not an American dream.

This is no longer an American dream. We're trying to breath underwater.

The few, the proud, no longer sing their song.

One nation under God, it's us against the world.

We've cut the tongue from society, forcing consumption, never hearing "no."

We've brainwashed our children to believe this is destiny.

Spoiled rotten, still counting their 1, 2, 3's.

Forgive us for 'now' is too late.

Forgive us for fueling the flame.

This is not an American dream any longer,

as we've become spoiled, rotten, counting our 1, 2, 3's.

Disease infesting our young, beauty has become the beast. "

Edited by Spectrum

Books like "The Millionaire Next Door" that teach you how to live below your means and save consistently so that when you retire you've go a million plus dollars to live your golden years with.

Sounds like general common sense to me. But people limit themselves in many ways, so such sense is rarely applied. Naturally bad things result. Me, I'm often not employed. I've spent plenty of money on years of university and I'm going back for 3 more years. I don't work during school semesters because I like to focus on my studies. Despite all that money finds me constantly. I'm not wealthy, but I'm comfortable.

Financial comfort a state of mind first, and a result of little things like market trends and fluctuations second. People who apply themselves always have opportunities, arguably more in a turbulent time like we will soon see. Deal with your own karmic limitations and solutions to all things financial just pop up out of nowhere. Hell, serious success may be right around the corner these days.

People who apply themselves always have opportunities, arguably more in a turbulent time like we will soon see.
Edited by Spectrum

Sounds like general common sense to me.

I think it was Mark Twain that said "Common sense isn't that common".

Spectrum, your right about now being the time to learn the age old skills and move where you want to live. I think were about to enter a turbulant time but afterwards I can see humanity entering a global golden age. Of course I also suspect it could all go to heck and we might fall into a new dark age. I just choose to focus on the positive (but I do prepare for the negative).

The current economic conditions are a really good example and lab for observing the effects of belief on reality. Economics is about interaction among people. If enough people think a disaster is coming, they will help set up the conditions to react in a way to help it happen, because they believe/expect it to happen. They are in fact waiting for it.

Right now the expectations that conditions will worsen before they get better are pushing us deeper into a recession. Your normal Joe is waiting for things to get better before trading in the economy.

Time for a segway into John Lennon's "Imagine" :lol::lol:

What would happen if the vast majority of people beileved that the only way to proceed is through a more compassionate approach and sharing material goods?

The differences in people would then be more about their internal/spiritual state, which cannot be traded in the same way (trade in the economic sense).

what a radical idea

The current economic conditions are a really good example and lab for observing the effects of belief on reality. Economics is about interaction among people. If enough people think a disaster is coming, they will help set up the conditions to react in a way to help it happen, because they believe/expect it to happen. They are in fact waiting for it.

Right now the expectations that conditions will worsen before they get better are pushing us deeper into a recession. Your normal Joe is waiting for things to get better before trading in the economy.

Not quite. There are fundamental underlying reasons that are remotely and loosely related with expectations of the common person that have brought us here. Sure, in the aftermath public expectation will come into play as well as in how economic bubbles form and burst, but the present economic conditions were set at the highest levels of finance and governance with public expectation factored in, and we are seeing the reality of it today.

What would happen if the vast majority of people beileved that the only way to proceed is through a more compassionate approach and sharing material goods?

The differences in people would then be more about their internal/spiritual state, which cannot be traded in the same way (trade in the economic sense).

what a radical idea

Agreed. That is probably what will happen as life becomes more difficult for the avg person. Many people will have to learn to rely on their neighbors, otherwise it'll be quite a barbaric existence for them.