coyote

Skin Care

I'd like to hear what people recommend for skin care, especially the face. I am only interested in natural or hypoallergenic things: creams, supplements, foods, massages, etc.

My skin type is dry. I'm a man, if it makes any difference, but would like to hear what is good for women, too, since i help people all the time.

It's relatively expensive, but I haven't found anything I like better than Dr. Hauschka's products. The cleansing cream in a tube is great for the face. Also washing with chlorine-free water. And general nutrition and other healthy regimen, but those things aren't one-size-fits-all.

Dr. Hauschka's skin care info

Oh, better prices are at www.skin-one.com.

Edited by karen

As mentioned above, Dr. Hauschka is excellent. They use a lot of Biodynamics/Organics.

Hauschka is pretty old school at this point. There are a couple of new kinds on the block that both my wife and I just love.

Suki is great. I especially love the Lemongrass Cleanser!

The other one is evanhealy. Wonderful products!

Both Suki and evanhealy are very much about organics and sustainable practices as well.

Try not to buy any of these products retail though. Find a friend that works at either a Whole Foods or a natural food store/coop. Generally staff members from these types of stores can order directly from these skin care companies at cost or just above.

Sister Creations is awesome. It is made out of all-edible ingredients, so I feel safe putting it on my face. http://wintersun.com/QC/?p=p_19&sName=...epair-Skin-Care

The vit C spray is the best; if you can only get one that's the one to get. It is "Power Repair Vitamin C solution" on page 3.

You can also buy the sample-size pack for $20 http://wintersun.com/QC/?p=productsMore&am...pair-Travel-Kit

I'm not a fan of the skin serum but it may work well for dry skin.

I'd like to hear what people recommend for skin care, especially the face. I am only interested in natural or hypoallergenic things: creams, supplements, foods, massages, etc.

My skin type is dry. I'm a man, if it makes any difference, but would like to hear what is good for women, too, since i help people all the time.

I've found that pure nut & essential oils seem to get absorbed really fast and moisturize dry skin well. These are often sold fairly cheaply as a bottle of massage oil. Plus, they smell yummy. :D

Whereas, the commercial skin creams with other gunk in them seem to stay on top of your skin and don't get absorbed very well. So, I think I'm just going to prefer sticking to the natural oils from now on..

Edited by vortex

the very best thing i've ever used on my skin is homemade... equal parts olive oil, ground coffee, sugar, plus a full spoonfuls of honey, and a splash of vanilla for enhanced smell.

i use this on my face and body. i just made a new batch yesterday using only the olive oil and coffee and it's pretty tricky to rinse off if you don't add in the sugar. somehow adding in the sugar makes it rinse better.

i'm into the olive oil as a base b/c it moisturizes so well, plus it is supposed to help prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. coffee supposedly helps combat cellulite.

the best exfoliate i've ever used (and made my skin feel like silk) is completely drenching my body in honey and then scrubbing it off with sea salt.

everything i've described here is messy and takes ample time. none of these are quick on-the-go methods. however, i've tried tons of products, organic and not, expensive and cheap, and the things i outline here are hands down the two that make my skin the happiest.

on-the-go face care i like is that coQ10 by avalon organics: cleanser, toner, and lotion are all fancypants.

pricey but amazing.