Sign in to follow this  
Franky

Hindu Pushups

I was wondering what the correct form was for hindu pushups. I've heard that you must be very careful on your form with these. Basically if you do them right, you will get great gains. If you do them wrong, you will get great injuries. While this is true with most exercises, it is especially extreme with hindu pushups.

They are one of my favorite exercises, but I have developed a sports injury from them. I have devoloped tendinosis of the long head of my bicep. It's in my shoulder where one of the bicep tendons goes over my rotator cuff. It feels like a line of pain going down the front of my shoulder.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com/images/...f?q=HinduPU.gif

Unfortunately that rather sexy chap is not me, and I can't embed animated .gif's <_<

So I'll use this one

XJjA9zdzgZ0&feature=related

I like to do these reeaallllllllyyyyy slowly smooth circle no pauses or jerks.

edit: better video. The wider your feet the easier they are :D I'd leave the fingertip variation out till you are ready, that is the way we do them in kung fu class (aka tiger pushup which I though was the rocking forward~backward one, I prefer the circular version here) also like to keep my elbows in very close to my body, but that could be more mantis specific.

Sign in to follow this