BobD

BobD

Hi folks!

I'm BobD, except I'm not. My real name is Mark, but where I used to work there were two people called Mark, so to avoid confusion we both got called Bob instead (ok, so I used to be (and still am for some of my time) a programmer, and our minds just don't work like normal folk's! It made sense at the time, honest :)

I've been into Eastern philosophy for years. My parents were both Christians, and I did go to church a few times, but it was never for me. Drifted into Buddhism, then Zen and then Taoism. Now I guess I'm into a kind of combination of all 3.

My mother became a professional hypnotist (ie she used hypnosis to treat people, rather than turn them into monkeys etc), so I have always been exposed to self-help style techniques, and have been encouraged to have an open mind (my father was both a Methodist preacher and a scientist/lecturer/radio astronomer which was an odd combination).

I find Taoism suits me very well, with bits of Eckhart Tolle, Sedona Method and just plain old procrastination/lazyness thrown in. My level of practice various a fair amount, and at the moment I am in a chill phase.

More later (maybe :))

I find Taoism suits me very well, with bits of Eckhart Tolle, Sedona Method and just plain old procrastination/lazyness thrown in. My level of practice various a fair amount, and at the moment I am in a chill phase.

Are you still regularly listening/practicing Sedona Method? How do you compare Hale Dwoskin course vs. Abundance Course these days?

Also, I've been meaning to tell you and your Eckhart Tolle reference reminded me. Gangaji, that teacher I sent you an mp3 of a ways back, has a new book, Diamond in your Pocket that I read a few pages of and it's really good. I'd buy it but I'm already reading like close to a dozen books right now. :rolleyes: But I'm actually going to see her in October. Definitely one of my favorite spiritual teachers.

Sean.

Are you still regularly listening/practicing Sedona Method? How do you compare Hale Dwoskin course vs. Abundance Course these days?

Yeah, still practicing and listening when time allows. As with all things, I am probably not doing it enough, but I'm not going to get hung up on that.

I find them both very useful and powerful, often in retrospect. I will have a recation to something (or, lets face it, someone :D) and at the time it will consume me, and i will sulk for a while. Then, after the event, I will remember the SM and AC and apply them, and go "Wow, that was a case of me wanting control/security/approval. Why didn't I see it at the time? Oh well, could I, would I, when etc". Very much like Tolle describes with the Pain Body. You can't quite catch it when it flares up, but you do notice it on the way down.

So, the trick is to try to remain focussed as it happens (and this also links it to the posts in the Book thread about the Coming to your senses book, and being more grounded), and I'm getting better at that too, but still mostly catch things after the event.

I still think I need to go back and address long term issues using the framework of the SM/AC. My parents divorced when I was 11, and I know that at the time I struggled with that (but I am so glad they did, I would (now) never have wanted them to stay together "for the sake of the kids", as that would just have sucked), and my dad died like 4 years ago (obviously that was a huge emotional whack), so these and other issues need to be looked at.

Its a case of doing it when I feel up to it, and can find time.

I think I am more chilled and balanced since doing them, but it so much easier to apply them when ou have problems than to regularly do so. I try to listen to them in the car going to work, and so apply them then, which works most of the time.

I find the SM approach to be easier than the AC, or at least easier to listen to, easier to relate to. Its a more chilled aproach (could you allow.... rather than sticking tubes in, though I do actually combine the two, as I am fairly visually oriented), and the CDs seem to repeat themselves less. This may of course just be because its the SM ones I am mainly listening to now, and my opinion may change when I swap back!

Also, I've been meaning to tell you and your Eckhart Tolle reference reminded me. Gangaji, that teacher I sent you an mp3 of a ways back, has a new book, Diamond in your Pocket that I read a few pages of and it's really good. I'd buy it but I'm already reading like close to a dozen books right now.  :rolleyes: But I'm actually going to see her in October. Definitely one of my favorite spiritual teachers.

Those mp3 you sent are damn good! Again, I am listening to them when I get the chance. She sounds like she really gets it, and can express herself well (which is always hard with these kind of topics).

I had read about this book on her page at the time you introduced me to her, but hadn't seen in on Amazon, or in any shops yet. Where did you read pages, online or in a shop? Tolle wrote the intro to this book, and the reviews on Amazon seem good. If you do buy in, let me know what its like, and if I buy it, I'll do the same.

I tend to keep quite a few books on the go at once too, several at home, and several at the girlfriend's, but still have a pile of unread ones.

Let me know what she is like in person. Should be really good. I took my mum to see Tolle in London last year, and we both really enjoyed that. He is such a quiet spoken, frail looking man, but his understanding comes through.

Cheers

I had read about this book on her page at the time you introduced me to her, but hadn't seen in on Amazon, or in any shops yet. Where did you read pages, online or in a shop? Tolle wrote the intro to this book, and the reviews on Amazon seem good. If you do buy in, let me know what its like, and if I buy it, I'll do the same.

I flipped through it in a bookstore and really liked it but didn't feel like dropping the money because I am reading too many books right now. But I'm actually reading a book by her Guru right now called The Truth Is. And it's already rapidly winning a place in my top 3 spiritual books of all time list. :D

I'll pick that book up soon and let you know what it's like and I'll be sure to give a full report on what she's like in person.

Sean.