Sign in to follow this  
mat black

Dedication Of Merit / Compassionate and Wise

This site has links to free downloads of two versions of a beautiful song that is a dedication of merit and a chant for peace in the world.

Two traditions come together for a wonderful purpose.

May true peace be found in the hearts and minds of all beings

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma9/merit.html

Edited by mat black

Thanks for the link Mat.

Great ebook there (free, 340 pages). It involves a Buddhists American and old country on an 800 mile pilgrimage where you walk a little then bow deep. At times they're managing only 10 blocks a day moving slowly through California. I like the mind vs practice, philosophy vs real world problems that must be overcome.

Lately I'm finding the best philsophy books aren't straight dharma discussions, but spiritual adventure tales. Currently reading 'The Gods drink Whisky', its excellent.

Michael

I haven't read the three steps, one bow ebook yet, but have heard the Reverend talk about some aspects the pilgramige - very inspiring.

I forgot to say that on the second version of the song, with the priest, Fr. Cyprian Consiglio, the combination of sittar and kalimba works very well.

Thanks for the heads up on the book you're reading Michael, let us know about it when you finish?

I've been looking for spiritual adventure tales... any other suggestions?

Thanks for the link Mat.

Great ebook there (free, 340 pages). It involves a Buddhists American and old country on an 800 mile pilgrimage where you walk a little then bow deep. At times they're managing only 10 blocks a day moving slowly through California. I like the mind vs practice, philosophy vs real world problems that must be overcome.

Lately I'm finding the best philsophy books aren't straight dharma discussions, but spiritual adventure tales. Currently reading 'The Gods drink Whisky', its excellent.

Michael

Sign in to follow this