boazvenice

Step-by-step solo cultivation...

Hi all-- this is my first post-- although I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time... I have practiced seminal retention for the last few years with mixed results-- I recently came across some data that rang true for me-- how the energy must be recirculated... or it will just find it's way out again (hence failure)... I just purchased Taoist Secrets of Love. Am looking for a daily solo cultivation practice. In the book it mentions several. Looking for a good one to start with... My apologies if this has been posted a million times-- I did some searching and couldn't readily find my particular question...

Thanks in advance,

boaz

Guest sykkelpump

Hi all-- this is my first post-- although I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time... I have practiced seminal retention for the last few years with mixed results-- I recently came across some data that rang true for me-- how the energy must be recirculated... or it will just find it's way out again (hence failure)... I just purchased Taoist Secrets of Love. Am looking for a daily solo cultivation practice. In the book it mentions several. Looking for a good one to start with... My apologies if this has been posted a million times-- I did some searching and couldn't readily find my particular question...

Thanks in advance,

boaz

Yes the energy must be recirculated.But first you need to open your channels.retention alone will not help,It can actually make energy blocks worse.First you need a meditation that help you calm the mind,that will generate energy and open channels.and then you can add spring forest qi gong to speed things up or do yoga breathing exersices.mantra meditation is easy to learn.this site is good.many have had great sucsess with this system

http://www.aypsite.org/

air conditioners and heaters have coils that circulate expanding or condensing water.

Thank you for your replies... I surfed around AYP for a little while-- that site seems pretty dense, but I will continue looking... I do not get the A/C comment...

Regarding my question... is, say, the first Kunlun posture a good place to start?

Hi Boaz,

The man you might want read is Trunk; who posts here. He's been tackling your question for years. He has a blog AlchemicalTaoism.com (and a personnal discussion section here), that has insights into your questions.

Michael

Hi Boaz,

The man you might want read is Trunk; who posts here. He's been tackling your question for years. He has a blog AlchemicalTaoism.com (and a personnal discussion section here), that has insights into your questions.

Michael

Thanks...

Please follow the link in my signature

Thank you for that thread. From what little I was able to distill from that thread, the idea is to embrace the fact that it takes awhile, not flit about like a butterfly looking for the highest practice, whatever that is (something I've been guilty of in the past), embrace where you're at, and most of all, find a teacher.

My plan to begin is vigorous exercise, with concentration on toning the abdomen, and testicle breathing... does that sound safe and sane? e.g. stay away from Kunlun for now?

Thank you for that thread. From what little I was able to distill from that thread, the idea is to embrace the fact that it takes awhile, not flit about like a butterfly looking for the highest practice, whatever that is (something I've been guilty of in the past), embrace where you're at, and most of all, find a teacher.

My plan to begin is vigorous exercise, with concentration on toning the abdomen, and testicle breathing... does that sound safe and sane? e.g. stay away from Kunlun for now?

Yes, that was the idea. There were, and still are practicioners that don't have the right approach to the seminal kung fu practice. My experience, and the experience of my friends and practicioners, is that if you take things as they are supposed to, gradually and in their right order, you will have only good experiences.

In regard to Kunlun, i really don't know. It's not my piece of bread anyway... i do have enough to practice for the next hundred years anyway ^_^

Good luck with practice

L1