sahaj

Another Kunlun beginner bites the bliss apple

If any practitioners of Kunlun can help.I've just received the Kunlun book yesterday and will begin the first set of

practices today. On question for anyone out there: Max said after the first 2 weeks you should drop all

other qi practices. Now this is a little bit extreme for me as I'm in a transistion from a very

intense hatha yoga practice of 20 years to learning Qi Gong from a teacher here. I'm learning the 8 treasures and

white crane style. So would this really cause problems energetically for me? I don't have

any experience with the energetics of these systems, but my understanding so far is that the are benevolent and not very extreme. Also does anyone do Hatha Yoga here as well as Kunlun? My sadhana includes hatha yoga practices as well.

If these questions have been answered before in the forum, my apologies, please direct me to the thread.

Thanks

wooooooo!!

Just did the practice and in a few minutes I felt like a voodoo priest in some sort of

wild shaking trance!! This is totally amazing. I stopped it after a few minutes because

it was getting a little wild and I want to take it easy. I can't imagine what will happen

after months of practice!! I'm so inspired by such a simple technique. Where is this

going?

I'm glad you like the practice! K can be done with hatha yoga and tai chi type movement practices, standing meditation, and sitting meditation.

I'm told that kundalini oriented practices are best to avoid until you know what you are doing. Normal mantras can be done but separated from K by a couple of hours.

Thanks yoda. I was completely blown away the spontaneous movements and energyl..kinda like magic! Do you know What is the standing version of Kunlun 1?

Edited by sahaj

Thanks! another question: When the spontaneous movements start to happen and sometime the hands and arms come out of the ball mudra, do you go back to holding the ball or once the kunlun starts activating just let the posture go? I have kept returning to the ball position when the waves of wildness start to subside and my body is calm again. Then a short time later another movement set will happen.

this is amazing stuff....:)

strange...like the posture creates the energy flow but is quickly let go...there is magic in this :)

It's hard to say what is exactly the best way to do it. I used to think that the main purpose was the spontaneous motion...but I'm not so sure anymore. I think the best way to do the posture is to try different things with it and see what works for you at the time.

Another purpose of the posture is to mix the heaven and earth energies, as well as balance the five elements in the central channel by using the hands. :blink: The spontaneous motion just rebalances you during this process...so I think it's only one aspect of it. I like to do spontaneous qigong as a separate practice because I don't seem to be balanced enough by having it happen during K1.

Without the hand positioning, you won't get the central channel clearing effect as well as the alchemy. So perhaps if the movements have calmed down, take it up again. But when spontaneous movements are happening, then let go and allow yourself to be moved.

Such a complex simple practice. :rolleyes:

Thanks Scotty,

Yes it seems that something so simple has so much depth. What is spontaneous qigong?

Edited by sahaj

I have a slightly different approach to Scotty.

I start with the posture - which is like a seed intention.

For me the posture basically means 'keep it between the belly and the heart' - so to begin with I don't want the energy shooting up to the head, but I do want it to rise from the belly up to the heart and/or flow from the head down to the heart.

Once the shaking starts I let go completely and whatever happens happens... sometimes my hands go into the posture, but mostly they do their own thing.

I think I rememer Max saying that Hatha yoga is compatible. White crane might not be though the 8 brocades should be fine though. Just drop what is not essential. Your body should decide what is not essential.

I have a slightly different approach to Scotty.

I start with the posture - which is like a seed intention.

For me the posture basically means 'keep it between the belly and the heart' - so to begin with I don't want the energy shooting up to the head, but I do want it to rise from the belly up to the heart and/or flow from the head down to the heart.

Once the shaking starts I let go completely and whatever happens happens... sometimes my hands go into the posture, but mostly they do their own thing.

I think I rememer Max saying that Hatha yoga is compatible. White crane might not be though the 8 brocades should be fine though. Just drop what is not essential. Your body should decide what is not essential.

thanks freeform, when you say "keep it between the belly and the heart" is that something that you found in your practice or is that teaching from Max? is the idea to put the energy at the heart? It seems like this energy is impossible to contain, it just wants to do its own thing and I'm there for the ride. This seems like to powerful a practice without guidance. But I have no choice yet but to just use the book and help from members who have actually worked with Max.

Does anyone here practice on the floor crosslegged? or is everyone using the chair?

Thanks to everyone.

Edited by sahaj

thanks freeform, when you say "keep it between the belly and the heart" is that something that you found in your practice or is that teaching from Max? is the idea to put the energy at the heart? It seems like this energy is impossible to contain, it just wants to do its own thing and I'm there for the ride. This seems like to powerful a practice without guidance. But I have no choice yet but to just use the book and help from members who have actually worked with Max.

Does anyone here practice on the floor crosslegged? or is everyone using the chair?

Thanks to everyone.

That's my own interpretation - and it's completely up for changing! (I'm also referring to a different 'level of subtlety' of the energy - it does indeed go everywhere, but it 'arises' from a kind of core channel interaction - which at the moment, for me, in K1 happens between belly and heart level - Red Phoenix practice that Max teaches only in person works in other areas...)

Regarding changing the position - I would recommend staying in the position described in the book until you have at least a couple of months of practice under your belt, then see how feel. In any other position, Max told me that you should always keep your hips higher then your knees.

Regarding guidance - I've only met Max once. My guidance comes from within.

Actually I often do it on the john, thats right, a toilet. Its a good height and I'm assured privacy :mellow:

I'll close down cross legged on a zafu pillow, sometimes a few minutes closing, then red phoenix, then back to closing.

Michael

Just follow the instructions from the book and get to a Max or Sifu Jenny workshop if you can sometime. The main thing is to relax.

relax,relax,relax.

Cameron hows that martial art training coming?

Did you ever choose between Aikido or whateva else bjj etc?

Edited by Spectrum

Haven't had time but I will probably look into stuff when I move to South Korea.

Just did the weekend level 1 and 2 workshops with Max in NJ which was alot of fun.

Contemplating maybe going to see Sifu Jenny in Colorado next month. If not maybe do one last Max workshop.

LA in 2 weeks is too soon, maybe if they do another one towards the end of Feb or come to Arizona.

I still check in on you guys some times just been busy.

Thanks everyone, I don't think the book on it's own really is enough without some reflection from practitioners I am grateful for this forum. They won't let me access the forums at Kunlun Bliss without doing a workshop, which is a little wierd as the book is certainly opening up a whole can of energetic worms and surely putting this kind of informatioin out there for people to practice should have a dedicated support forum. Well thats my opinion.

Can you point the direction to Sifu Jenny?