Spirit Ape

Mirror Meditation

Has anyone ever done or has done any Mirror Meditation like you see in wicca and i think the chinese has a way using black ink in a bucket and stare into that?

Any bad or good experiences and what is it mostly used for?

Ape

Has anyone ever done or has done any Mirror Meditation like you see in wicca and i think the chinese has a way using black ink in a bucket and stare into that?

Ape

This is based on personal experimenting, not a learned technique

One cool thing you can do with a mirror is turn the lights down or off but have some light coming in from another room then look at yourself in the mirror. Focusing past your body. Shadows will start to appear and it looks like your body is disappearing. If you can let go enough your body will be totally gone and only a bright outline will remain. This has only worked for me once, the shadows aren't too hard to get but I haven't been able to get the color outline to work more than once. When it did happen only a flouresant blue outline was left even when I closed my eyes it was still there. Works well in a bathroom with lights out and door mostly closed

Ape

Haven't tried it but I know that there are at least two uses for it.

1. seeing the face "change" and looking at prior incarnations of yourself.

2. seeing if there are any spirit attachments to you.

Yes face changing/disappearing is fun, or scary, depends on how it looks :D Nice description of the method by neo.

I did this a bit in my 20 and the funny thing is I'm turning into the person I use to see most often. Long gray hair, beard, intense eyes, facial shape I didn't think possible with my body type. It's getting closer I just need to do a bit more aging :)

Lino,

Thanks I kinda though that but was wondering can any negative energy be brought back through the mirror, I really havent even looked into this and was wondering how good and bad it could be?

Thanks guys any information or good sites you know of please post it?

Ape

Mal,

I did something similar using a Crystal ball scrying and saw smokish lights and flashes appear but thats about it!

Thanks

Ape

Lino,

Thanks I kinda though that but was wondering can any negative energy be brought back through the mirror, I really havent even looked into this and was wondering how good and bad it could be?

It can't be "brought back" through the mirror. You see what is trying to remain hidden, such as a negative entity or something like that.

Santiago knows more about it. The method was in one of Dr.Morris's books.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_meUf86FO...mp;dq=pathnotes

Edited by lino

I tried this out one night. I got the disappearing thing going on...which was kind of fun! To make sure that it was just a visual trick, I put something exactly behind me, and if I saw it that meant my head actually diappeared. Well, obviously it doesn't actually disappear. :lol:

But probably the most interesting thing is what it does to your psyche. Looking in a mirror it's obvious that your head should be there, but watching yourself vanish does something amazing subconsciously. So for that I think it's a very great exercise.

The disappearing in front of the mirror (in dim light) trick is cool. I read about it in Glenn Morris's book and was able to do it. It helps to unfocus the eyes and relax the mind. Like so many things, if you 'think' about what you're doing you come back into focus.

Michael