Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Harry Sunshine

Here I am... sure not wanting to be disbusted into dust... so I introduce myself:

I was born 1974 in the capital of Germany.

Life wasn't always easy... but somehow I managed to finish school apply for university and become a sociologist. While sociology was my main subject, psychology & philosophy had been the secondary ones.

After 2 years of studying all that I got bored. I had the answers I was looking for at that time and was on search for something else:

As at that time I was learning some Southern Style Fighting Tai Chi and had looked into the subject of asian philosophy I made myself familiar with acupuncture and the like.

And soon the decision was made: I WANTed to become an acupuncturist.

But the road there isn'T easy. While in the United States you can get a license for acupuncture if you get trained at special schools, in Germany you can learn acupuncture whichever way you like, BUT in order to be allowed to practice (and earn money) you either need to be a qualified medical doctor... or health practitioner... I decided to apply for university again.

Meanwhile my interest was raised in Energy Psycholgoy: EFT, BSFF etc.

And today I want to become a Psychiatrist/Psychotherapist who will utilize Energy Pychology, Acupuncture etc. in his practice. I just have to make my mind up if I get into "grown-up"-Psychiatry or "children-youth"-Psychiatry... don'T know for sure yet...

Regarding the Healing Tao system: I learned about it some 10 years ago... I ent to an acupuncturist who had learned with Chia and soon I learned a bit from her and then I met a friend of her who organized courses for Chia in Berlin and soon I helped her organize...

and here I am

Harry

PS: By the way: I am 1,90m in length, weighing 75 kg and... just in case someone is interested... :lol:

Harry, like I've told you before, you must be a very determined soul. German University is very very hard and I can only imagine what medical school is like. And it's really impressive you are doing this to break into accupuncture. In some ways it's kind of a drag they make you do this whereas in America, we can just go to a specialized school, but on the other hand it probably makes German accupuncturists highly skilled, do you agree?"

Sean.

PS - Already active members (with at least 1 post) didn't need to a post an intro, but I'm really happy to see all these little bios, it's great.

Hey Sean. Once again a very cool idea. It's very interesting to read all those "little" bios... although it is none of my business... was it necessary to close down the other forums for access if one does not have a password? just curious...

>>In some ways it's kind of a drag they make you do this whereas in America, we can just go to a specialized school, but on the other hand it probably makes German accupuncturists highly skilled, do you agree?"<<

I've just got to look to the United Kingdom close to me... they have "acupuncturist" as fully accepted job. You get your training, do your exams and there you go... Germany sometimes really is a strange country...

Although we sure get a good medical training I do fell that it mostly depends on yourself... health practitioners can be as good as doctors or even better depending on how much time and interest they invest. There are many doctors you wouldn't want to go do if you knew what is really happening behind the curtains you know...

and thankx for expressing that you feel that I am a "determined soul"...

I am a Tiger you know. :D

thankx much for keeping up the forum. It is one of the greatest I've been to

Harry

Sign in to follow this