froggie

Martial arts strikes 'time delayed' effects

I was just wondering what everyone here thinks about the stories of martial artists touching

someone and they feel the effects of it not immediately but hours, days, months, or years

etc after (so the martial artists can actually decide how and when his or her opponent gets

some of the 'intended' effects)

My guess would be that the person who got hit was really hyped up at the time so he didn't feel the effects, later when he has calmed down he begins to really feel them . Not sure about feeling the effects a week or year later :blink:

But who knows maybe the right type of strikes could have a delayed effect. Or Implant a chi time bomb and then a year later BOOM! :angry:

I was just wondering what everyone here thinks about the stories of martial artists touching

someone and they feel the effects of it not immediately but hours, days, months, or years

etc after (so the martial artists can actually decide how and when his or her opponent gets

If the person who got hit practices a form of cultivation and has a decent amount of chi stored or has circulated quite a bit of it then the effect would take longer to set in. The skill of the guy who hit him matters as well.

sure its real, and easy enough if you know how. but not nice to do.

metta

adam

if you hit a guy and a year later he dies of a heart attack, it would be a hell of a thing to prove tat it was your strike that did it

It is possible to vause delayed damage without even going near preassure points, a good whack to the temple with damage or create preassure in the head and eventull this will casue death,

how ever, why you would want to hit someone and wait for a week before the effects took hold is beyond me, maybe a long time ago when for assasination, but these days i would want to deal with the person as soon as possible

In my study of acupuncture acupressure and the martial arts it is possible to damage a person with effects that injure them in the very near future within a few seconds or a few hours no more. (maybe the next morning too)

You have to hit the right spots with the right pressure at the right sequence and timing and int he right time of day.

it can be used to temporarily disable limbs, slow reaction time, disorient and distract, or leave them with a little reminder on why not to mess with you next time around.

Out of the five types of Chin-na, dimak seems to be exaggerated.

(muscle tendon dividing, bone displacement, sealing the breath, sealing the blood, sealing the chi)

Death through dimak is impossible IMO. Just some student who was poked by his teacher in a particular place that brused him real bad and the story was told over and over again exaggerated a little bit by the next person until the "mystical" dimak touch of death was thought up.

Yes.... inner chamber students of many martial arts are taught it, but I am highly skeptical of its ability to kill.

Unless you drug the person asleep, and rig them to die so that no one know who did what.

still....

What you are describing I have seen before with certain strikes. The physics of it and the shockwaves behind it can cause damage to other places of the body other than the point of impact. This falls more into the laws of physics than anything "super natural" though....

Effects of zigzaging through the body, a strike to the chest will damage certain other parts of the body, ie: lower back, forehead and shins.

effects can also radiate, initial hit there is light trauma to the surface but 30-40 seconds later an after pain deep inside.

Chinese martial arts has a very rich oral tradition with very little written documents especially in its early history. Hundreds of cases of exaggeration occurs. Compare martial chi gong to religious chi gong and the advancement of it all and religious chi gong is way way more advanced, even medical chi gong is more advanced. Why can martial chi gong do all this "mystical" stuff.... exaggeration by thousands of years of story telling and not a book in sight!

Delayed touch death or instant death touch ( cavity pressing) is in a realm that is first and foremost filled with shit. Everyone talks about it but they cant do it, to save their very lives they cant do it. It's almost a lost "art". There are people who can do that sort of thing but they are rare.

dim mak makes me laugh. there are 2 pressure points i hit. the head is one the body the other.

metta

adam

In my study of acupuncture acupressure and the martial arts it is possible to damage a person with effects that injure them in the very near future within a few seconds or a few hours no more. (maybe the next morning too)

You have to hit the right spots with the right pressure at the right sequence and timing and int he right time of day.

it can be used to temporarily disable limbs, slow reaction time, disorient and distract, or leave them with a little reminder on why not to mess with you next time around.

Out of the five types of Chin-na, dimak seems to be exaggerated.

(muscle tendon dividing, bone displacement, sealing the breath, sealing the blood, sealing the chi)

Death through dimak is impossible IMO. Just some student who was poked by his teacher in a particular place that brused him real bad and the story was told over and over again exaggerated a little bit by the next person until the "mystical" dimak touch of death was thought up.

Yes.... inner chamber students of many martial arts are taught it, but I am highly skeptical of its ability to kill.

Unless you drug the person asleep, and rig them to die so that no one know who did what.

still....

What you are describing I have seen before with certain strikes. The physics of it and the shockwaves behind it can cause damage to other places of the body other than the point of impact. This falls more into the laws of physics than anything "super natural" though....

Effects of zigzaging through the body, a strike to the chest will damage certain other parts of the body, ie: lower back, forehead and shins.

effects can also radiate, initial hit there is light trauma to the surface but 30-40 seconds later an after pain deep inside.

Chinese martial arts has a very rich oral tradition with very little written documents especially in its early history. Hundreds of cases of exaggeration occurs. Compare martial chi gong to religious chi gong and the advancement of it all and religious chi gong is way way more advanced, even medical chi gong is more advanced. Why can martial chi gong do all this "mystical" stuff.... exaggeration by thousands of years of story telling and not a book in sight!

Delayed touch death or instant death touch ( cavity pressing) is in a realm that is first and foremost filled with shit. Everyone talks about it but they cant do it, to save their very lives they cant do it. It's almost a lost "art". There are people who can do that sort of thing but they are rare.

Go Spar with Guru Cliff Stewart.

Go Spar with Guru Cliff Stewart.

Why because he can use pressure points and chi? If so then he's one of the rare ones that I spoke about and you replied to but clearly didnt read what I actually posted because I said that it's RARE. I prefer sparring by way of 10mm or .45

Why because he can use pressure points and chi? If so then he's one of the rare ones that I spoke about and you replied to but clearly didnt read what I actually posted because I said that it's RARE. I prefer sparring by way of 10mm or .45

He carries those as well : ) But yes he is "rare" he can do it. Ask Bruce Willis or Wesly Snipes and Saudi Royals. There is a reason he was paid well in the Executive protection Business.

This kind of reminds me of what was on one of the Hoshin forums that I visited out on the

internet. One of the poster said something like, "I know there is long distance healing, is there

such a thing as long distance hurting?" I fell out of chair when I read it.

"I know there is long distance healing, is there

such a thing as long distance hurting?"

hehe of course, just ask Gossamer

As for points, Sifu has hit me on a pressure point on the arm that leaves it all nice and tingly, like a foot that has gone to sleep. Quite annoying for a few minutes till it "wakes up" again. I'm sure he will teach us more one day if it's useful. But got to agree with Adam here, the head is my favorite pressure point :D

I can see that a delayed effect could be useful for avoiding lawsuits etc. But you need to stop the fight now. Once someone is unable to continue fighting, why hurt them further later on?

He carries those as well : ) But yes he is "rare" he can do it. Ask Bruce Willis or Wesly Snipes and Saudi Royals. There is a reason he was paid well in the Executive protection Business.

I'll be sure to do that the next time I go golfing with Bruce or evade taxes with Snipes...I'm not on talking terms with the Saudis.

long distance harming yes but its magic not martial.

as for the nerve points, dont you condition them till they are covered with armor?? i know i did at tong long. true skill is to end the fight without harm now or later.

metta

adam

hehe of course, just ask Gossamer

As for points, Sifu has hit me on a pressure point on the arm that leaves it all nice and tingly, like a foot that has gone to sleep. Quite annoying for a few minutes till it "wakes up" again. I'm sure he will teach us more one day if it's useful. But got to agree with Adam here, the head is my favorite pressure point :D

I can see that a delayed effect could be useful for avoiding lawsuits etc. But you need to stop the fight now. Once someone is unable to continue fighting, why hurt them further later on?

as for the nerve points, dont you condition them till they are covered with armor?? i know i did at tong long.

Yea, that would come from the golden bell training. My Sifu does not really talk about this sort of "unusual stuff" too much. He tells us he can talk about kung fu for hours, but that will not help us learn anything useful. He shows us what we need and I try not to waste his time with weird questions............ too often :)

I think that nerve point on the arm was shown to us once about 2~3 years ago now. We are one of the few tong long schools that teaches our chi gung set to beginners. He does that because he believes it will take us a lot of practice to "get it" so he starts us straight away. We generally have older students than most others schools too. I'm the youngest senior at 35 except for Sifu's son. Normally I'd only be starting to learn the golden bell chi gungs now, 5 years in. I'm rather "slow" and people can get there in 3 years :)

Speaking from the standpoint of a therapist having seen several thousands of injuries, I can say absolutely that any type of martial strike can have repercussions years later. Whether it will is a different story.

hi Mal

i started the chi gongs in my first year in tong long and they were the base of my training. they are the key to tong long power, have fun.

metta

adam

Yea, that would come from the golden bell training. My Sifu does not really talk about this sort of "unusual stuff" too much. He tells us he can talk about kung fu for hours, but that will not help us learn anything useful. He shows us what we need and I try not to waste his time with weird questions............ too often :)

I think that nerve point on the arm was shown to us once about 2~3 years ago now. We are one of the few tong long schools that teaches our chi gung set to beginners. He does that because he believes it will take us a lot of practice to "get it" so he starts us straight away. We generally have older students than most others schools too. I'm the youngest senior at 35 except for Sifu's son. Normally I'd only be starting to learn the golden bell chi gungs now, 5 years in. I'm rather "slow" and people can get there in 3 years :)

they are the key to tong long power, have fun.

I think so to. Sifu said only 2 of us are starting to show "whipping." Myself and his son. I've been doing the chi gungs daily for ~65 months. Everything about kung fu is fun :D

Cheers.

sad but true most cant even whip, and whipping is the very basic in tong long, yellow belt i would say. i would be going for cutting and catching if i was at your grade. i hope you make it to the seminar, we can talk some tong long afterwards.

metta

adam

I think so to. Sifu said only 2 of us are starting to show "whipping." Myself and his son. I've been doing the chi gungs daily for ~65 months. Everything about kung fu is fun :D

Cheers.