Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

death & giving away organs

Have we discussed that topic already?

I have read so many theories at what happens at the point of death:

some say the moment you die your soul has left

some say it takes a few days before the sould leaves the body and the body therefore should not be frozen

I wonder what you think. Anybody who decided to spend her/his organs in case of death?

What about the implications?

just curious

Harry

Will we truly ever need them again after lifeforce has left it's human prison/body machine/centralized form?

It's a really good question...because one starts out on the path with contacting, communicating, and practicing via organ and sense and thereafter continually using them kinda like tools to accomplish better assimilation through meditation and keeping yourself connected to the ever-being oneness of Tao...

True, these will die with the body, and so why not let them also be shared onto another who can use it again and perhaps for the same purpose?

Or are the implications all wrong, and do less desired effects, possibly even the very opposite? Is a person's intention with their life's work and focus important to the outcome? Is it detrimental to soul and lifeforce to dismiss these gifts of humanity, or to share and let them remain a valuable asset to life's energy?

I'm an organ donor myself...but have often wondered if that was a good idea or not...

...well, we can change our minds (or remain ademeant) every 4 years, I guess! :lol:

-M

Have we discussed that topic already?

I have read so many theories at what happens at the point of death:

some say the moment you die your soul has left

some say it takes a few days before the sould leaves the body and the body therefore should not be frozen

I wonder what you think. Anybody who decided to spend her/his organs in case of death?

What about the implications?

just curious

Harry

7049[/snapback]

There is lots of evidence that people who receive transplant organs, especially liver and heart, also receive aspects of the personality of the donor, and sometimes even specific knowledge.

Which implies that you are passing on a lot more than just meat which would otherwise spoil. But how you feel about that depends, I guess, on what plans you may have had for the indwelling spirits of the organs....

Undecided, but nervous, myself...

To my mind, there's the materialist, traditional religious, and new age view of death.

The materialist doesn't care what happens to the body, so give away the organs as you see fit.

The new agey perspective says that death is an easy and liberating reemergence back to our original state that there's no need for any special treatment of the body so go ahead and donate them if you'd like to.

The traditional religious perspective requires that the rituals be carried out to the letter so that there's no screw up in a potentially dangerous transition point. So follow the rituals of your tradition if you have one.

It would be interesting to hear what Winn would say about organ and blood donation.

-Yoda

Winn has spoken about this. He mentioned in a class that an older woman who got a organ donated(I forgot which one) from a teenager(dead) . Afterwards she all of a sudden started lsitening ro rock music and eating alot of fast food or something.

Whether this implies the shen of the teenager went into the woman or perhaps the organ itself had developed certain tastes over time I don't know.

Suffice to say having the organs that were inside your body in someone elses body is not a casual matter. Though my guess is those who put little worth in this life(Christians for example) would say it is the thing to do.

I may actually be one I can't remember. Don't you decide this when your getting you liscence renewed?

I may actually be one I can't remember. Don't you decide this when your getting you liscence renewed?

...well, we can change our minds (or remain ademeant) every 4 years, I guess! 

...that's what I had meant, sorry to be vague. I believe it even states it on your license if you are.

i used to put myself down as an organ donor thinking it was a good thing.

i changed recently and there are so many reasons why.

firstly i intuitively feel i dont want someone else to have my organs. science be damned, i go on intuition. it feels wrong!

second is all that stuff about the organs containing the person in it, etc that you have already discussed.

third is i just don't believe that someone who has abused their body to the point they need a new organ, actually deserves one!!!!!! look after yourself and you will never ever need a new kidney! or any other organ. sure sure someone is going to go ahead and give me the example of someone born with a problem or something along those lines..... but that is their own personal karma and it's not my responsibility to intervene with that.

my organs return to the earth with my death for my shen to reborn again to form the energy body of some other being.

it's pretty simple actually.......

Sign in to follow this